Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
hello smilee...... I measured my AW IMR 18650 1600mAh battery, and it measures 63.5mm. However the spring in the VModXL can still be compressed another 5mm - 6 mm. So my guess is that a 69mm battery would fit but it will be tight. I suggets getting a AW brand battery if that is possible. Good Luck:)

Here is what the AW website says..... Dimensions: 18D x 65H mm (+/- 0.5mm)

Last edited:

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
hello smilee...... I measured my AW IMR 18650 1600mAh battery, and it measures 63.5mm. However the spring in the VModXL can still be compressed another 5mm - 6 mm. So my guess is that a 69mm battery would fit but it will be tight. I suggets getting a AW brand battery if that is possible. Good Luck:)

Thanks, I hope that it would fit, it is true I also have an 65mm, but these are 69mm (for a price), good performance (HI-MAX 2600mAh)

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
ok, time for another episode nightmare;)

21:03 - still "processsing" - i hate that!!

I must boast that today only 27 times I checked the status (so what that vapage was closed - maybe someone could not sleep in the middle of the night went to the company to send xl for me;)

I made the men's decisions:

no longer impatient, check the status of 127 times a day - how come it will!

may at this time I go fishing?

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
I made the men's decisions:

no longer impatient, check the status of 127 times a day - how come it will!

may at this time I go fishing?

... kidding of course

as soon as the status will not change unless I start to cry,
and I will not catch fish because it is -20 degrees Celsius

edit: 21:14 still f**g processing

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Flat tops work -- but it's best to put a spacer on the top. They fire a lot easier with that nipple. (First batch - December 2011 orders)

It has been suggested to glue on a washer (or magnet spacer) to be sure it doesn't slip around. General safety guidelines -- not Vmod specific on that advice, by the way. I've heard some affix a drop of sodder--if you are handy!

UPDATE: The new XL's just now in stock at Vapage have will work well with flat top batteries without a spacer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread