Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
How does the universal atty compare to the BF ones? Anyone tried them?
I believe the universal is the atty that comes with the VMOD-XL. I have used it and a Boge, I am not sure what a BF is???

I have no complaints. Just keep them both wet and they perform wonderfully :)

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
How does the universal atty compare to the BF ones? Anyone tried them?

I have not tried the BF ones, but the Vapage atty is a VERY nice vape indeed, it will produce the vapor and flavor for sure the 1.5's are fantastic! As for longgevity before I gave the XL to my fathe,r I was using the same atty that came with the XL for 2 weeks and it was still like day 1, I did try other things in the XL during that time so it wasn't solid use, you know how it is with a new mod, got to try everything to see how it goes LOL. I also love the Silo 1.8's on the XL, for a carto it can kick some booty, it definately does last longer than other cartos for me. I truly can't wait for that vape again.......praying to the shipping gods now to hurry up LOL.

Ostinato

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Budapest
BF is Vapage: AMG Hybrid Bottom Feeder (2-pack)

And they do work well both on the XL and on an ego batt when dripping. Great taste, good vapor.
I just looked into the box and realized a universal one came in the kit :) So, I can give it a try before I order some back up.

Difficult to decide between the BF ones and io6 however. I love the io6 too. I just have not tried them on the XL yet, because the io6 drip tip needs to be modified to fit into the cone.

Thanks for the comments anyway :)

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Those of you that are using 306's, other than the thin acrylic drip tips that almost every vendor carries, have you found any others (ie Nhaler) that work well without cracking so easy? I want to make sure I have everything ready. I did pick up a Cherry Vapes cannon for dripping and LOVE it, but sadly I know it will not work down in the XL, I am even willing to make something that would work for those that have any ideas?

I just use the ones you are talking about. Only push it on until it stops. If you have it too tight, it will crack for sure. Leave it barely snug, and it'll last for a good while. I'm still using the same DT for 6 weeks now.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Ohhhhh BF = Bottom Feeder ....LOL I'm Blonde:oops:

I ordered up the AMG Hybrid Bottom Feeder just now .....so I'll let you know how they perform. I thought they were what was sent with the XL:confused:

Uh yeah me too, really ok maybe some silver too, just saying.....guess I just had not had enough coffee and vaping going on yet to engage brain cells!!!!

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I just use the ones you are talking about. Only push it on until it stops. If you have it too tight, it will crack for sure. Leave it barely snug, and it'll last for a good while. I'm still using the same DT for 6 weeks now.

I think you are on to something there...I tend to push them down till they are at the bottom of the atty..... I will get some more ordered up then and be a little gentler with them.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Hey gang... A while back I posted a comment that the SmartVapes 510 Dripping atties did not work on the XL... Played and fiddled with them but know luck still... Sucks because they are a great atty and for $5.65 ea or $5.25 for a 5 pack great bang for your buck... I got some great news regardless... On a whim while I was going through my stash and noticed I had several new SV 306s and thought "oh well these won't get used", since the 510s didn't work... Well it occurred to me I never did try the 306 style... So I did... Slapped that little bad boy on and gave a quick cold tail pipe draw... Holy smokes I got draw unlike the 510 that was like sucking a marble through a soda straw... Gave the XL a squeze and had juice oozing... Woot woot, it feeds as well... Did this with XL nekid mind you... So I slapped the shell and cone on to see how it vapes... Got then cone on and had a dilemma... Drip Tip... Crap, I thought... Since my only drip tips are the shorty ones that came with it or my Cherry Cannon that I know damn well won't work... Then I glanced at my Thors Hammer e-pipe mod that has the same atty with a drip shield on it... I thought to myself "that's the same atty with a drip shield on it but with a Cherry Universal to adapt the two... I then think "what the hell give the universal a go"... Woot woot again, Score the universal fit...:vapor::toast:

Long story short... SmartVapes 510s no workee... SmartVape 306s (which I actually like better than the 510s) workee... Cherry Vape Universal drip tip adapter workee... So if you want to try a/another 306 atty for $5.65 check out SmartVapes and grab a Universal as well since they sell Cherry tips...

KAT... You still want those spacers... Sorry got a bit side tracked... Let me know if so...

Last edited:

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Time to pick up that universal I'm been pondering. I'm liking 306's too!

Just a reminder -- you are all invited to my vet turning party -- after dinner -- say 7:30, 8:00 Left Coast Time-- does that sound good?

Bring some roses if you want! (on the pre-vet thread).

Left Coast in the House!!!

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
can the cherry universal work for other attys on the XL?

btw i have some SV 306's too.

They work but they fit the inside and add about 1/2" extension to a standard atty on top of the drip tip end that is a 1/2" or so... Cool thing with the universal having a contoured tip it can be used with or without a standard drip tip... If you don't mind the size...

Glad I had the notion to try the SV 306 after the fail with the 510s... Really thought I would have the same end result... They both appear the same from the threads and air holes but must have different internals... Big time juice hogs but a beast of on atty with the biggest juice cup I have come across... Heck of an atty for less than $6....

smilee

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Poland
LOL --- In the past the shipments have been in route before the accounts get updated on the site.

They've been sending email notifications -- but that could be delayed as I'm sure they are all working in shipping!

i know this info from chat that status change is mostly delayed

but I already hated "processing" from there I would prefer that wrote like "we will send as we want" or "merry christmass" - whatever just does not "processing";)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread