The "WeekEnder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey mike. I just recently aquired a UD Igo-w5. It is advertised as having zero voltage drop. Do you think that is a play on using the wrong terminology to make it sound better, or do you think it actually just has an unnoticeable amount of res? It seems to hit very hard compared to the normal w and the w3, but it can't hold a candle to the tohb atty that my buddy has riding on a copper inferno. That sob is so condictive you can feel the amperage running through it. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Hey mike. I just recently aquired a UD Igo-w5. It is advertised as having zero voltage drop. Do you think that is a play on using the wrong terminology to make it sound better, or do you think it actually just has an unnoticeable amount of res? It seems to hit very hard compared to the normal w and the w3, but it can't hold a candle to the tohb atty that my buddy has riding on a copper inferno. That sob is so condictive you can feel the amperage running through it. Lol.

Edit: also... Does that electrical resistance of the atty that doesn't get converted to heat just drop performance or is it wasting battery power too. And could this be measured by using no res wire to make a dead short it the atty, and slapping it on a standard cartometer?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I have never measured a zero v-drop atty. I have heard of them but I find it difficult to believe, physics doesnt support it.

Resistance in the circuit, no matter where it comes from, will consume some energy. If the energy isnt converted to usable heat then it is wasted for our purposes. All metals have some resistance at normal room temperature in normal atmosphere, even your no-resistance wire.

Standard atty resistance meters dont measure accurately enough to see what we are talking about here.

Your atty may have an very very low voltage drop, but it does have one, you just might need special test equipment to measure it.

I "suspect" your answer has more to do with their definition of "zero voltage drop".

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
For near-zero voltage drop you would want materials used for wiring superconducting supercolliders, supercooled to the point where vaping would be nearly impossible. Even then, there is voltage drop. If the voltage drop is measured as an integer, most atty's would fit the bill. Zero voltage drop anything sounds like false advertizing.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
Thanks mike and schnarph. I thought that was the case but thanks for the clarification. It does hit pretty hard but I figure there is still some extra drop from the ss mech mod. I think my next mod will be copper. I like uber conductive things. :) About to start my "weekender" project in a week or so. Getting a bonus from work that should pay for the rest of the odds and ends. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread