The whole "Kids!" thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2014
Moved On
<snip>Never called someone an ANTZ in this thread, just said "welcome to the ANTZ camp" and facetiously encouraged those for supporting the ANTZ take, as I see it, on these matters.

Oh fiddlesticks :laugh: ... you said "welcome to the ANTZ side," and afterwards the poster asked you whether you were suggesting that he was an ANTZ. You answered by refering him back to your original post.

Many of us might posses myriad variegated views about whether vaping is desireable or acceptable in certain contexts. None of those disagreements qualify us as ANTZ.

Hitler was a vegetarian. What does that say about vegetarians? Absolutely nothing. (Nazis breathed air, liked Wagner, and were picky about keeping good records, too. Same w/ me - except ... not all Wagner haha.)

I can't tell you what to do here, I'm not a mod.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Many of us might posses myriad variegated views about whether vaping is desireable or acceptable in certain contexts. None of those disagreements qualify us as ANTZ.

100% correct -- as I told my son, on the subject of cursing '' "there's a time and place for everything." Would one vape in church? I doubt it; I think it would be viewed by most anyone as, at the very least, disrespectful, and maybe even sacrilegious. Should it be permitted EVERYWHERE without regard to anyone's feelings or allergies or what-have-you? Nope -- "time and place for everything." I am so anti-ANTZ I nearly froth at the mouth when one of them comes around and starts spouting their non-science, but, I repeat - "time and place for everything." To get somewhat back to the topic -- should it be allowed in school? Not in class, certainly; as someone stated so truthfully, it's a distraction, and god knows, kids don't need anymore of those. But when I was in school, if you had a signed permission from a parent, there was a "smoking area," where it was allowed. I think much the same could and probably should be followed with vaping -- if a kid already smokes, it's certainly better to allow, even encourage, vaping instead of cancer sticks. But in the proper place and time -- class is neither!

Andria

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Still got the :pop: popper going :)

JennyPopcorn.gif

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
I'm starting to see a whole bunch of 18 year olds getting into this.

It's not because they want to quit smoking. It's because all their friends are doing it. Evidentally, a local school here allows vaping if it's zero nic. In class. I don't think this is wise.

I was never peer pressured as a teen. I consciously made the decisions to do what I did. No one said, "Hey, hit this!" I just did because everyone else was doing it.

I have a moral issue selling to eighteen-year-olds. They come into establishments in groups, talk loudly, use profanity, hop like monkeys back and forth, distracting everyone, and they all ask a million questions all at the same time.

I hate that I'm a curmudgeon, I just don't know what to do with myself.

EDIT: I am not an ANTZ, I am a vaper 110% but I don't know why this irks me.

That's ok. I don't have much patients for teenager hooligans either. With their skinny jeans and thumpidy stereos.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I would say we agree more than we disagree.

No, because you think kids get to do anything they want, even in a classroom. You're saying that you can vape in someones house or business despite them saying "No vaping here". You're saying that any rule at all is unreasonable.

You claimed someone was on the ANTZ side because they don't support vaping in classrooms.

You're the kind of guy the ANTZ are going to quote to say "See, they are trying to push that stuff on kids and get them hooked!".

No, we don't agree. You're spouting nonsense, and I don't want you tying me to it.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Man, I hate those stupid skinny Jeans! The don't make ANYBODY look skinny...just really uncomfortable.

I read a report in the past year, sometime, that reported women wearing those super-skin-tight pants are experiencing a lot of problems, up to and including deep-vein thrombosis. That is just so... so entirely stupid I can't even think of a word for it! I guess we'll be seeing men with that too, if they keep wearing those stupid pants. I mean, hey, I grew up in the 70s, I have no objection to the sight of a slim young man in tight jeans... but those "skinny jeans" are just ridiculous. (and women with sufficient fat to make them look like sausage casings... ughhhh!!!)

Just my :2c:...
Andria
:)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I blame the B&M's for this unethical expression of capitalism. No adult in his/her right mind would pay the ludicrous prices of the B&M's when they have a credit card and can buy online for far less. Their market is a youth, all cash payment market. Just walk into a B&M with open eyes to see that.
Since I'm a 54 year old adult, I must be out of my mind, because I buy plenty of stuff from B&Ms. There's a lot to be said for touching, feeling, or in some cases, tasting stuff before you buy it, not to mention the instant gratification of taking your purchase with you after deciding you want it. In fact, about the only stuff I buy on-line is stuff I can't get from a local B&M.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
OK OK the whole school thing is right ridiculous and underage kids vaping isn't exactly right but the whole you talking about young kids asking questions is what gets me I mean I'm young and new to vaping and ask questions when I go into the local B+M mind you I generally buy what I can afford when I but there's a whole lot of things that are kind of hard to understand by reading would you rather us young people ask questions or have someone get hurt because of improper rebuild just saying we aint all the same theres some of us who still have respect

^ :?: ... The above post to me, is reflective of the point that I was trying to make in an earlier post. Specifically that children are not ready to put forth the effort, discipline, and responsibility that is required to use e cigarettes safely, most especially the advanced products. :(

It is not my intent to "pick on" you, or turn you away from engaging in this discussion, but the above, to me, is not demonstrative of someone who is ready to undergo the process to learn, understand, and execute responsibly, with regard to e cigarettes. And not because you don't want to be responsible, but perhaps you are not ready to be. Now, this is the internet, and a casual forum, so every comment/post does not need to be a well written essay, but ... can we at least get a sentence? :unsure:

You mentioned that some things, with regards to the written information available pertaining to the use of e cigarettes, you find hard to understand by reading, and it would be better for young people to be able to ask questions regarding those things that they do not understand ... and I agree, however, answering these questions are of no use if you do not have the ability to understand, and properly, and practically apply any answers you are given.

This is the concern of some adults with regards to e cigarette use by underage children. I completely understand wanting to have the right to choose, and to be responsible for those things you are choosing, but just because you want it, does not mean that you are ready to have it ... and I say this with Love, and concern, not judgement. :)

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
^ :?: ... The above post to me, is reflective of the point that I was trying to make in an earlier post. Specifically that children are not ready to put forth the effort, discipline, and responsibility that is required to use e cigarettes safely, most especially the advanced products. :(

It is not my intent to "pick on" you, or turn you away from engaging in this discussion, but the above, to me, is not demonstrative of someone who is ready to undergo the process to learn, understand, and execute responsibly, with regard to e cigarettes. And not because you don't want to be responsible, but perhaps you are not ready to be. Now, this is the internet, and a casual forum, so every comment/post does not need to be a well written essay, but ... can we at least get a sentence? :unsure:

You mentioned that some things, with regards to the written information available pertaining to the use of e cigarettes, you find hard to understand by reading, and it would be better for young people to be able to ask questions regarding those things that they do not understand ... and I agree, however, answering these questions are of no use if you do not have the ability to understand, and properly, and practically apply any answers you are given.

This is the concern of some adults with regards to e cigarette use by underage children. I completely understand wanting to have the right to choose, and to be responsible for those things you are choosing, but just because you want it, does not mean that you are ready to have it ... and I say this with Love, and concern, not judgement. :)

Well said Nikki :)

Vape On
Burnie

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
Writing well is hard. It is. Look .... See? No kidding.

Had to ..... out that part of my heart and soul for many jobs, from news reporter to boring marketing reports. Been edited too, and boy does that leave a creative person .... hurt. Been torn apart by editors and critics to the point of tears and all I can say is it has made me a far better writer and communicator. But first, before all that, I had to learn to read.

And I agree with most of what you said, dieselrick, if I understand you correctly. My old fartiness was more about the lax linguistic standards of posters in general, and you just got in the way of my station wagon, sorry. Time to hand over my driver's license. ;)

Since I'm a 54 year old adult, I must be out of my mind, because I buy plenty of stuff from B&Ms. There's a lot to be said for touching, feeling, or in some cases, tasting stuff before you buy it, not to mention the instant gratification of taking your purchase with you after deciding you want it. In fact, about the only stuff I buy on-line is stuff I can't get from a local B&M.

Whew. I was beginning to think it was mandatory to buy on-line. Now admittedly I am only three days in the game and have been referred to dozens of vendors by kind folks and see i certainly can save money. Yet, the face to face interaction helped as much as information gained here; yes, I paid more - but no more than cigarettes would have cost, so I am out nothing. If I had been unable to afford cigarettes perhaps I would look at it differently and perhaps I will change my tune in the future. Right now I need the guys input as much as I need the kind help here on ECF.

The "kids"? Vaping in school? Aside from saying I can well understand the feelings exhibited in the original post I had best stay silent. Safer all the way around, huh?

Tom

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Thank you Burnie, and double thanks for the popcorn because I was cracking up every other page that I saw it on! :laugh:

Which reminds me, we NEED a lol button on this forum! Ohms Lawbreaker almost broke my pants a few pages back :lol:

Here's some more :pop: for you darling

Jon.Stewart.popcorn.gif

Vape On
Burnie

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah

I love supporting our local shops and meeting other vapers in my city. I am a known local activist/blogger for other causes and like to spread the word about good things I find and learn about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread