DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
well then, open for bizzness... all warm-n-comfy in here
seems a little bigger than the last place
but then we got 'them' all fooled don't we...

...from the outside
View attachment 550659
but then inside...

:evil:

So, did some work on the outside of the Tardis?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
well what the heck are we???

yur posed to wrap the wire around it silly boy!!!

Do you have a coil jig, specifically the coil master version 3?? You'll make fantastic coils and identical duals with very little practice. Thread a wire through a hole, and turn a knob. Well worth the investment.

Nice try, but I'm bettin you're still in Mikey's doghouse! hehehe

ya got a 6th sense about these things!! View attachment 550667

ever ting gone be Irie mon

Jup and a hearty welcome to you and everyone else new who popped in!!

Geeze........it's just a lil tank!! hehehe Then again, not many fellers can say they got hit in the nurgits by a tank! :lol:

Welcome welcome! Glad ya decided to set down some roots here!

uhmmmm You did have one or 10 of those sent to my house, right???? The real thing

Ok, now from the closed thread..... I made a list

Pokemom........I finally figgered out what ya meant with the link you'd put up. I knew the warriors had done well last year, that's why I didn't know what you meant about the bulls. Yeah, one day the 72 record will be broken......but the story I made up is........ the Miami Dolphins will do it again before anyone else does, and I'll be dead before another team ever does it twice!!! hehehe I knew the Warriors had done well, cuz my son told me about every match up they had with the Spurs.

Atcha.......hehehe but time you really saw the post I'd made about the scale. :) That tickled me. I saw you had liked the post when I made it, but you didn't say nuttin, so I wondered if you'd really read it, cuz I knew you'd be tickled about it lol

Lj.......thanks for the heads up on the wire. Of course, sat night I made an amazon order spending up the rest of the money I had and didn't know about it. But I've got more than a roll, so it'll be awhile til I need some. And if I stick with 30g it's only 2.75 from lightning vapes anyhow for 100 ft. and free shipping. Have a lot of 28g a friend sent if I decide to go to that. I will definitely help spread the word around on a few threads I visit.

@Lessifer was good to see ya if only for a minute. When this one eventually gets to 15,000 posts, would you prefer we page you to come start a new one......or just start a new one??

That's heaven on earth right there! I've tried around .7 with duals and didn't care for it......need to try it with a single. I do duals around 1.3 net cuz I don't like a real warm vape......but don't like 1.3 with a single. Dang.......now yur gonna make me go make coils. :lol:

Welcome aboard!!! did you bring the silly string???

and howdy doody to you too!! Jup, cheap and satisfied is the way to go!! The only thing I haven't liked about my build is that to get it, I have to use 30g wire......and dang.......I can't see the stuff cuz it's too thin and I'm blind!! Hard to clip wires on duals when you can't tell which part needs to be clipped, and which part is goin through the hole lol

Howdy Puff!!!

Ok........geeze this is gonna take up 3 pages for this one post..........I am pretty sure it was still daylight when I started this post......if not it was many many hours ago. Got hung up talkin on the phone to one friend for a few hours, then another friend in the hangout for a few hours......and in between I had to chase the dog around lol I think I'm done now! It's 2:40 am, I got up around 11:30 am, and at some point I need to eat breakfast! hehehe

I've been rocking single micro/macro coils on a mech for well over two years now, almost always at .7-.9 depending on the wire. The derringer has been my go to rda since the first time I used one, it's small enough to concentrate the flavor, with enough adjustable air to make just about any build/liquid sing. I did run duals for awhile that came out to .45, wasn't too hot, but I was blowing through juice with minimal increase in flavor, clouds were bigger though.

As for the thread, as long as I'm still actively posting on ECF, I don't mind doing the changeover. I do skim the thread every so often, but I can't keep up daily so I tend to just jump to the last few pages.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
A nice single coil on the Stumpy works well too.
Ok, just looked it up, looks like it would perform great, would have to find a bf one though, and I can't afford a catfish mod.
I got a Stumpy in FT Cart, hoping to place the order soon!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I wish these would hit the market already!!!

Origin-Vape-Lost-Vape-Halcyon-Squonker-DNA200-Mod-Preview-01.jpg

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Oh, you GUYS! I did it! OMG! I did it! :shock: I just re-coiled a STOCK iSub coil. I made my own coil and everything, and it's PERFECT (the coil, I mean). I got the dang head back together, except I can't close the last tiny gap between the two pieces. It's just an RCH apart, but it needs to be tight, and I don't know if I should resort to vise grips or not. I don't want to munch the thing, but it's just that last little bit. I've been pressing it as hard as I can on a flat surface with my Leatherman, but it's a no-go. I put it on my coil reader and it comes out to .57 ohms, so a little higher than the stock .5 ohm, but I think it will be perfectly acceptable. I wish you could see that beautiful coil... It looks better than the stock one! LOL! And it's my very first one I made myself. :banana:

Anyway, if anyone has a good idea (can I use the vise grips?) about getting this thing all the way closed, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to see how it works with a wick and some juice. :)

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Oh, you GUYS! I did it! OMG! I did it! :shock: I just re-coiled a STOCK iSub coil. I made my own coil and everything, and it's PERFECT (the coil, I mean). I got the dang head back together, except I can't close the last tiny gap between the two pieces. It's just an RCH apart, but it needs to be tight, and I don't know if I should resort to vise grips or not. I don't want to munch the thing, but it's just that last little bit. I've been pressing it as hard as I can on a flat surface with my Leatherman, but it's a no-go. I put it on my coil reader and it comes out to .57 ohms, so a little higher than the stock .5 ohm, but I think it will be perfectly acceptable. I wish you could see that beautiful coil... It looks better than the stock one! LOL! And it's my very first one I made myself. :banana:

Anyway, if anyone has a good idea (can I use the vise grips?) about getting this thing all the way closed, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to see how it works with a wick and some juice. :)

If its a RCH, put it in anyways and if it doesn't stop you from assembling it, juice it up and try it. Even with the RCH, I imagine any leaking will go straight to the wick and shouldn't cause you any problems. Now if it was a BCH then I would be worried. They are thicker :w00t::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol::pervy:

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

Congrats!! Iv never even had an iSub so I have no clue on how the coil looks and works lol :D:banana:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
If its a RCH, put it in anyways and if it doesn't stop you from assembling it, juice it up and try it. Even with the RCH, I imagine any leaking will go straight to the wick and shouldn't cause you any problems. Now if it was a BCH then I would be worried. They are thicker :w00t::lol::w00t::lol::w00t::lol::pervy:

Just call me Lanniegyver (buffs fingernails on front of shirt). A tissue and a table knife have solved the problem. ;) I put the pliers on it again, but even in the "wide" position, the jaws weren't flat on the top and bottom of the coil head. I put a tissue under the bottom pin, because the pliers jaws are kind of savage (they're big), and then it occurred to me I only needed a flat "something" to go between the pliers and the top of the coil head, so I slipped a table knife in there (that was video-worthy in itself, but that's another story), and squeezed gently and it went right together. I wicked it up and vaped it, but the higher resistance is giving me a bit "different" vape. Or maybe the wick's not saturated enough yet. I set it aside to soak for a few more minutes and I'll try it again in a bit.

I used 24g Kanthal, 5 wraps around a 3mm mandrel (is that the right word?). The wraps were pretty close together, but not touching, when I made it, and now after all the wrangling of installing, it looks like they've spread out a bit. I missed a step somewhere, I think. I was supposed to heat the wire before making the coil? Or right after, but before installing it? I have so much information in my head, it's all getting jumbled around in there.

My biggest handicap is my PC is down in the basement, but I do my vape stuff at the kitchen table, so I have to keep running down the stairs to consult a website or video, and that gets tiring after a while. I watched one video before I did this, and the guy used stainless wire and didn't heat it up until it was installed and he test fired it. I have stainless wire, too, but there was a little roll of 24g Kanthal in the coiling kit, so I just used that. Me lazy. The coil WORKS, it's just a little more spread out than I had intended. Is that bad or good? If it's bad, is there any way for me to improve and do it better on the next one?

(OMG, I feel so LIBERATED! I do NOT actually have to drop a bunch of money on new coil heads for the iSubs! What a great feeling! :D)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Just call me Lanniegyver (buffs fingernails on front of shirt). A tissue and a table knife have solved the problem. ;) I put the pliers on it again, but even in the "wide" position, the jaws weren't flat on the top and bottom of the coil head. I put a tissue under the bottom pin, because the pliers jaws are kind of savage (they're big), and then it occurred to me I only needed a flat "something" to go between the pliers and the top of the coil head, so I slipped a table knife in there (that was video-worthy in itself, but that's another story), and squeezed gently and it went right together. I wicked it up and vaped it, but the higher resistance is giving me a bit "different" vape. Or maybe the wick's not saturated enough yet. I set it aside to soak for a few more minutes and I'll try it again in a bit.

I used 24g Kanthal, 5 wraps around a 3mm mandrel (is that the right word?). The wraps were pretty close together, but not touching, when I made it, and now after all the wrangling of installing, it looks like they've spread out a bit. I missed a step somewhere, I think. I was supposed to heat the wire before making the coil? Or right after, but before installing it? I have so much information in my head, it's all getting jumbled around in there.

My biggest handicap is my PC is down in the basement, but I do my vape stuff at the kitchen table, so I have to keep running down the stairs to consult a website or video, and that gets tiring after a while. I watched one video before I did this, and the guy used stainless wire and didn't heat it up until it was installed and he test fired it. I have stainless wire, too, but there was a little roll of 24g Kanthal in the coiling kit, so I just used that. Me lazy. The coil WORKS, it's just a little more spread out than I had intended. Is that bad or good? If it's bad, is there any way for me to improve and do it better on the next one?

(OMG, I feel so LIBERATED! I do NOT actually have to drop a bunch of money on new coil heads for the iSubs! What a great feeling! :D)
Idk about the spacing inside those iSub coils, but I wouldn't worry about not heating up the coil first.. Mainly do that to Clean it and make it less springy sometimes(Or HotSpots in a compressed coils). :D:thumb:

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Oh, I think I must be thinking of the "less springy" part. Less likely to spread too much, too, I'm guessing. But hey, as long as it works, it works. ;) And I didn't have ANY hot spots or anything abnormal, other than some "smoke" stuff coming off when I first fired it, which I assume is just normal residue-burning-off, and it quit right away. Then I let it cool, wicked it, and stuck it in my tank. I'm so proud of myself. :) (I'm sorry, this was such a BIG MYSTERIOUS THING to me for so long, and now it's not, so I'm pumped!)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I have another question, if someone might know the answer... I was aiming for a .5 ohm coil, and when I plug all my stats into Steam Engine it says 5 full wraps (5.11, but rounded to 5). Now, check me if I'm wrong here, but because both legs have to come off the bottom on this iSub, does that mean that although it LOOKS like 5 wraps, it's actually 5-1/2 wraps, the extra half wrap being the wire going back DOWN at the end of the coil rather than UP? Is that right? And if so, how do the stock coils end up reading .45 to .48 ohms when they look exactly like my new one that I just made. Is it because they're not 24g wire, maybe?

I'm not sure I totally understand Steam Engine completely yet. Rich is gone right now, but when he gets back, I'll ask him, too. He might know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread