Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    YOU ain't old. I am. lol I'll be 54 in less than 2 weeks.
    54 is not old. You're still just a babe!;)
    Wait, are you even old enough to vape? I'll need to see some ID.
    There, now I made this post vape related.:)

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I can sew a little and crochet. :)
    Crochet can be fun I suppose. I prefer it to golf anyway, even though you are still hitting balls around, at least they are bigger, and wooden mallets instead of clubs.:D
    croquet-equipmebnt.jpeg

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    OK, science time, but just one set of results tonight, as stated earlier it'll take several days, but I'll post some as I go along so Fuzzy can analyze as I go, then I'll compile the results in one post probably next weekend. For consistency, I will only use the resistance readings reported by the DX200s, regardless of what I thought the resistance was previously.
    tank - Boreas
    Build - dual coil 26 gage kanthal, 3mm, 7 wraps each, .501ohm total resistance.
    Mean Wattage - 54.37W (55W setting)
    Std Dev - .54W
    Mean puff time - 4.09s
    Std Dev - 1.00s
    71 puffs total (290.54s) would have collected more data but that was pretty much a full tank

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 7, 2015
    NOWHERE, SD, USA
    I'll be 54 in less than 2 weeks.
    So now I know I was 13 1/2 and already smoking when you were born. Yup, yer still a pup. :)
    Oh yeah: Vape vape mo mape, bananna fanna fo fape, fee fi bo bape... V A P E !

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Not the prettiest coil in the world, and not the best picture, but...
    oo1tu.jpg
    Twisted is such a PiTA to keep perfectly uniform. Hitting it with the torch while it is still on the mandrel will help to keep its shape.

I'd not put the wick bridge across the coils but wick it like I do the Origin.
    NTndPuyl.jpg

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    See how it goes. I'll admit I expected to lose a lot of flavor with all the airflow. I mostly use a tobacco flavor, right now on a Ry4 kick, and it tasted very good. Not as good as the Merlin, but again, very good. Even with the dual coil "let's try to kill ourselves" nic overdose, I was still noting decent flavor even as my vision narrowed and dimmed.

I have no decent frame of reference as this is the first tank with a dual coil higher wattage setup I've experienced, but I was expecting a more "dilute" flavor experience with lots of cloud. I'll see as it progresses, but I will be interested in your opinion after some you try it. Has it arrived, or are you still expecting it?

Oh, and I believe you mentioned earlier you got that four coil optional deck as well. That should be a story worth sharing.
    Yes, I'll be sure to share, this is just a bit of a shot in the dark though, just going off what I've experienced with using over 80 different tanks or so, these larger 25mm tanks, especially the RTA style ones lack flavor. I see no reason why this will have anymore flavor than the Griffin 25, in fact, in theory, with the larger airholes, it should have less but it doesn't always work out that way. The Gemini 25mm is a prime example, that has pretty decent flavor.
    I will try dual coils first, then single, the quad deck I had to order separate so that way take longer. I ordered the tank over the weekend so it wont ship until tomorrow and won't be with me until Tuesday, Wednesday..

HUH ? Didn't I post this yesterday, I need coffee.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Yes, I'll be sure to share, this is just a bit of a shot in the dark though, just going off what I've experienced with using over 80 different tanks or so, these larger 25mm tanks, especially the RTA style ones lack flavor. I see no reason why this will have anymore flavor than the Griffin 25, in fact, in theory, with the larger airholes, it should have less but it doesn't always work out that way. The Gemini 25mm is a prime example, that has pretty decent flavor.
    I will try dual coils first, then single, the quad deck I had to order separate so that way take longer. I ordered the tank over the weekend so it wont ship until tomorrow and won't be with me until Tuesday, Wednesday..

I'll be curious to hear how that quad coil thing works. Given that getting the coils matched on the build took a bit of work (had to remake one when the legs were wrong for the side it needed to mount on) four coils has got to be some job.

You want my opinion, well I'm posting it anyway, twisted is a waste of wire :D

But when I made using my drill it so cool to see this wire spin out and look sorts professional. Still sitting in my coil toolbax unlikely to be used, but it's there for emergencies.:lol:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    I'll be curious to hear how that quad coil thing works. Given that getting the coils matched on the build took a bit of work (had to remake one when the legs were wrong for the side it needed to mount on) four coils has got to be some job.

But when I made using my drill it so cool to see this wire spin out and look sorts professional. Still sitting in my coil toolbax unlikely to be used, but it's there for emergencies.:lol:
    Quad coils will be pretty easy, they are easy in the Tornado, just got to make sure they are all glowing nicely, if anything, wicking them is more of a pain than the actual coils..

Twisted is fun but making Claptons is much funna, funna ? Ah, lets just roll with it, I'm British....

That's not old....that is aged well ;)
    Prime example, you's looking great !.......Not that I'm saying your old or anything, oh, lets put the shovel away and erm :facepalm:

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread