Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Name drop and what a great sub ohm tank it is, much better than the Crown 3 in my opinion.

uwell Valyrian.

Does not leak, very good flavor, excellent top fill, very good coils, quad vertical coil. 5ml or 8ml capacity, no dry hits at 100 watts, wicks max VG, zero spit back.

No RBA but ...

If you just want to throw a coil in and forget about it and vape for a few weeks then this is worth considering.

Uwell's best yet

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free

8ml tank

Sorry about the uploads, I'm in a rush and on my phone, plus the new ECF server has mashed up the upload option...

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Name drop and what a great sub ohm tank it is, much better than the Crown 3 in my opinion.

Uwell Valyrian.

Does not leak, very good flavor, excellent top fill, very good coils, quad vertical coil. 5ml or 8ml capacity, no dry hits at 100 watts, wicks max VG, zero spit back.

No RBA but ...

If you just want to throw a coil in and forget about it and vape for a few weeks then this is worth considering.

Uwell's best yet

8ml tank

Sorry about the uploads, I'm in a rush and on my phone, plus the new ECF server has mashed up the upload option...

The girls at my local shop love this tank.

I haven't got one yet but I likely will.

This week I think I should have some Sense cermaic coils that fit the Beast. Really looking forward to these.

The Pulse is a dream mod.

Got a top fill bottle for the Driptech. I like it but its not without issues. Worth it though.

The Mesh. I'm calling it........its garbage. It really just sucks. Just no juice well. Leaky bugger. I hate it.

The struggle with the Nano continues. Got a massive clapton in it. So far so good.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Strike three... :(
It's a great sub ohm tank, personally an RBA doesn't bother me, I have RTA's for that and most rba decks suck.

I bought it solely for pre made coils and the hassle free vape when out and about and this tank does its job very well.

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
So starting to clear some real life stuff out the way now and bought a few new toys....

Asvape Lucifer LOVE this mod, yeah, the battery cap screws are a bit of a pain but for the money this is one pretty stabwood mod, now, I couldn't possibly post a pic yet as it needs the 12 grades of grit treatment and then oh yes, it should be a stunner. There's not really much not to like about this one, great in the hand, hits hard, probably one of the best looking mods I own, much prefer this over the V2 Kodama and less than half the price.

Triple RTA by VV and 420, crazy RTA, great flavor, lots of clouds bro clouds but ....... that thing drinks juice like no other tank on the market, it's a 28ml tank with 4ml capacity, refilling like a dripper, seriously. I see no pro's in a triple coil, only cons, nah, not for me.

Sherman V3 RTA, again, 28ml tank and 4ml of juice but lasts longer, I'm super stoked with this tank though, it just vapes so good and I will be picking up the larger ultem glass for it to add a few mls.

Uwell Valyrian that I've already mentioned, still going strong, 100w, grab n go tank, great for out and about.

Bought some more drip hacks juice, like a grape fruity one, awesome juice, great price here in the UK..

Also picked up some Tropika by twelve monkey's, man that is a nice juice but also very expensive, my treat juice for when I'm in the sun..

Hmm, that's about it, made some pure NI80 aliens again and I will post some pics of my setup once I get her polished up before I head out to Lanzarote this Sunday

Hope Y'all are doing OK anyways

Last edited:

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I,m gonna grab one of them Valkies when I go into town today.

Gave the Mesh a 10th chance last night as a squonker. No go. The mesh is just to friggin hot. TC doesn't really work with SS in my experience. Definitely not with the DNA chips and from what I can see the more modern ones aren't much better. My thinking about TC with SS is because it works in wattage people just find the vape they want and call it TC. Ask my wife about the smell of burning cotton when I was testing TC on the DNA's. But with mesh the cost of failed TC is horrifyingly aweful. With kanthal its just to hot for me. I wish the Mesh's top cap fit something else cause I really like the airflow.

The Engine Nano deserves mush respect for bringing dry hits and flooding to new generations. Most us cut our teef on Kayfuns and kno all about dry hits and burnt hits and flooded tanks. Which gives us a huge respect for modern gear. My last dry hit ws a couple years ago. I'd actually lost my fear. The Engine brings that all back. What an absolute piece of crap. Two years ago it would be garbage but in a sea of garbage. These days its a turd floating gracefully in a pristine Adirondack lake. I'm just in awe of how aweful this thing is.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
The Engine Nano deserves mush respect for bringing dry hits and flooding to new generations. Most us cut our teef on Kayfuns and kno all about dry hits and burnt hits and flooded tanks. Which gives us a huge respect for modern gear. My last dry hit ws a couple years ago. I'd actually lost my fear. The Engine brings that all back. What an absolute piece of crap. Two years ago it would be garbage but in a sea of garbage. These days its a turd floating gracefully in a pristine Adirondack lake. I'm just in awe of how aweful this thing is.

I can't understand why some people are having so much trouble with this tank. I absolutely LOVE mine, and I have six now. I'd have a hundred if I could afford them. Is it the cotton? I wick with rayon only, and it's so simple. Twist up enough to fit in the coil very snugly (I make a 3mm single wire coil), then fluff it back out and snip the ends off level with the detente (I don't know what you call that) just below the deck level. Wet with some juice and tuck the ends just into the wick holes. Not very far, just inside, but I don't thin them at all. In fact, if I don't have enough wicking in there, to completely fill the hole, THAT'S when I get gurgling and wet hits. I don't think I've ever had a dry hit on one of these, ever, but I have had a few occasions of gurgling. I just pull the insufficient wick out and make another, fatter one, to replace it and the problem is solved. Seriously, this is the best tank I've ever used. No leaking, no dry hits, easy to fill, easy to coil and wick, simple and low-maintenance, it just ticks all the boxes for me.

Sean, don't you also use rayon? If so, I just don't understand why it's not working for you. I can't comment on cotton because I've never used it, but if those who are having dry hit problems are wicking with cotton, maybe try using rayon once or twice? Maybe that would help.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I can't understand why some people are having so much trouble with this tank. I absolutely LOVE mine, and I have six now. I'd have a hundred if I could afford them. Is it the cotton? I wick with rayon only, and it's so simple. Twist up enough to fit in the coil very snugly (I make a 3mm single wire coil), then fluff it back out and snip the ends off level with the detente (I don't know what you call that) just below the deck level. Wet with some juice and tuck the ends just into the wick holes. Not very far, just inside, but I don't thin them at all. In fact, if I don't have enough wicking in there, to completely fill the hole, THAT'S when I get gurgling and wet hits. I don't think I've ever had a dry hit on one of these, ever, but I have had a few occasions of gurgling. I just pull the insufficient wick out and make another, fatter one, to replace it and the problem is solved. Seriously, this is the best tank I've ever used. No leaking, no dry hits, easy to fill, easy to coil and wick, simple and low-maintenance, it just ticks all the boxes for me.

Sean, don't you also use rayon? If so, I just don't understand why it's not working for you. I can't comment on cotton because I've never used it, but if those who are having dry hit problems are wicking with cotton, maybe try using rayon once or twice? Maybe that would help.
I have great luck with the Nano and dual Engines. I use various forms of cotton only. I have 5 Nanos and watch for sales, I want to pick up a couple more.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I have great luck with the Nano and dual Engines. I use various forms of cotton only. I have 5 Nanos and watch for sales, I want to pick up a couple more.

So they do work with cotton, then. I sure wish I could figure out what the problem is with Sean's tank. It's such a wonderful tank. I'm not running Claptons, either, though, just single wire coils running around .4 ohms or so, at 35 watts. I guess maybe it's perfect for that combination, maybe not for bigger (badder ;)) coils. Mine worked flawlessly with the little Clapton that came with it, but that was a small Clapton, and didn't require more than 40W. I wish I could find some more of THOSE! That was a great little coil, I must say, but my single wire coils do a good job for me, too, so I don't complain. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So they do work with cotton, then. I sure wish I could figure out what the problem is with Sean's tank. It's such a wonderful tank. I'm not running Claptons, either, though, just single wire coils running around .4 ohms or so, at 35 watts. I guess maybe it's perfect for that combination, maybe not for bigger (badder ;)) coils. Mine worked flawlessly with the little Clapton that came with it, but that was a small Clapton, and didn't require more than 40W. I wish I could find some more of THOSE! That was a great little coil, I must say, but my single wire coils do a good job for me, too, so I don't complain. :)
I generally use AVS tri core fc in mine. I'm going to order some 316l ss twisted wire today to try out. Have one Nano with single wire build installed, it's okay, prefer fc.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I've done single 24ga kanthal. Single 24ga SS. Little clapton. Big clapton. Tons of cotton. Wisps of cotton. A pillowcase of rayon. Wisps of rayon. Slots packed full. Slots empty.

I've always been a hard hitter. Its why early vape gear never worked for me. But the hole in that theroy is the Nano has great airflow. It just can't flow joose fast enough. Until I under wick it and flood it.

Honestly I'll never use this tank even it I nail it. I don't like things so fussy the moons need to aline a certian way to build it right.

Most likely mail it to the crap tank repository. Its in SD and I have the addy here somewhere..................................

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I've done single 24ga kanthal. Single 24ga SS. Little clapton. Big clapton. Tons of cotton. Wisps of cotton. A pillowcase of rayon. Wisps of rayon. Slots packed full. Slots empty.

I've always been a hard hitter. Its why early vape gear never worked for me. But the hole in that theroy is the Nano has great airflow. It just can't flow joose fast enough. Until I under wick it and flood it.

Honestly I'll never use this tank even it I nail it. I don't like things so fussy the moons need to aline a certian way to build it right.

Most likely mail it to the crap tank repository. Its in SD and I have the addy here somewhere..................................
Same deal for me, I put dozens of builds in the Nano for a mediocre vape at best. The juice disappeared nicely but the vape was meh... They all say in the nano thread that a 2mm coil works the best in it. I haven't built a 2mm coils since the Kayfun mini days, even my regular Kayfun's all had 2.5 or 3mm coils. The nano works best for those that vape a 2mm coil less than 20W IMHO. Piff it, it's just not worth the agro. ;)
( Sorry @Lannie and @Letitia :oops: )

My Mesh RDA will be here this week, so I'll get to have some fun too. :w00t: I have 8 1/2x11" sheets of mesh left over from the Genny days and it will be good to dig that stuff back out again.

The 2x700 battery cap for the Aegis is arriving with the Mesh RDA so I can put the iJoy 21700's to use to see if they are any better than the Aspire 26650's.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
My wifes' Aegis came with caps and adaptors for every battery type. Along with the excellant Shiels tank. For fiddy bucks.

I have 5 start 20700's and a 21700. I use them in the Pulse and Capo and sometimes she uses them in the Aegis. The 20700's are pretty unimpressive. The 21700 has very good battery life.

For the ampp rating I'll be staying with 20x's but for battery life forget it. 26650's are better for life by far under 50w. Of coarse over 50w is where the 20700 shine.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Also picked up some Tropika by twelve monkey's, man that is a nice juice but also very expensive, my treat juice for when I'm in the sun..
Baaaahhhh 12 Monkeys... :eek:

A fine Canadian made juice that you can cut 3 times and it still has a lot of flavor. It's a coil killer for sure, I don't vape very much of it as I think it's 50% sweetener... :lol: :shock: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread