Status
Not open for further replies.

TomB

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
Gainesville, Florida USA
Hello everybody,
I am exited to sell these little boxes. I love the exotic hardwoods. I used to make a lot of hardwood pens on a lathe with multiple inlays with segments etc. The wood is so amazing with the grains and the patterns/colors. You never have to stain this stuff-clear finish only. I found a way to further enjoy myself further by making these boxes with the nice woods. I intend to only take as many orders in a week as I am comfortable able to handle ( I think up to twenty) If I am blessed with that problem.
TomB

165727_1549783419982_1097007512_31275024_1196279_n.jpg

165280_1542411515689_1097007512_31262614_626790_n.jpg

MONKEYBoxx™ PRODUCT FEATURES!

* juice Bottle Size - 6-mL
* Battery Option 1 (Recommended) - Protected 18650 lithium-ion cell (69mm length, 3000 mAh, 3.7 volts). BATTERY NOT INCLUDED
* Battery Option 2 (Alternative for 6 volt operation) -Two 3.7 volt protected lithium-ion cell (2X). NOTE: 70mm maximum length. batteries NOT INCLUDED
* Atomizer Connection - Joye(R) 510 atomizer (recommended) or cartomizer (not recommended). ATOMIZER/CARTOMIZER NOT INCLUDED
* Wood Finish - Clear lacquer
* Each MONKEYBoxx™ Includes:
TWO FREE 6-mL juice BOTTLES with stainless-steel cannulas and tubing (bottom feed)
3 FREE Rare Earth Magnets (for battery spacing, if required)

MONKEYBoxx™ SPECIAL FEATURES!

* Side Power Cut-Off, safety switch with flush actuator (disables unit for purse/pocket storage). UNIT WILL NOT ACCIDENTILY TRIGGER
* Clear acrylic catch cup with frosted inside. Lights up blue when the Monkey Smoke-Box™ is activated.
* Internal Self-Resetting Fuse! If the batteries internal protection circuit fails, power is cut-off to the atomizer (last resort protection).
* Thermal Cut-off Switch - OVERHEAT PROTECTION. Will not effect normal operation! Will cut-off the circuit if the unit becomes extremely hot.

Includes your choice of wood! PLEASE specify your custom combination of wood types for the following parts:

1. BODY
2. LID
3. SIDES
4. CHECKER INLAY (may be deleted at customer request i.e. no inlay)
5. LED LIGHT (may be deleted at customer request i.e. no light)

5 DIFFERENT WOODS available: Wenge (Very dark with light and dark stripes), Paduak (Very Orange-red with light and dark streaks), Cocobolo (Red-brown with streaks and mottles), Canary (yellow shades - like the bird), and Zebra (looks zebra-like)

Each unit is built by hand. Only the finest hardwoods are selected and the greatest is care taken during manufacture of each and every unit. Due to our exacting specifications and caring craftsmanship we can process a maximum of 20 orders per week. If orders should exceed our capacity, you will be added to our customer list and processing may be delayed. We will update you with the status of your PERSONALIZED order throughout the process. Thanks for your understanding!

PRICE:
$90.00 WITH FREE SHIPPING! (USA)
$97 WITH FREE SHIPPING! (WORLD-WIDE)

We use USPS PRIORITY MAIL for FAST DELIVERY! Normally 2-3 days! (USA)

HOW TO ORDER YOUR MONKEYBoxx™:
Please submit your order with (complete selections 1-4) to Tombuss2000 (at) yahoo.com and I will send you a paypal invoice.

Attachments

• woodslection 001.jpg
    woodslection 001.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 692
Last edited:

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
I think I will repost my first impression of the Smoke-Box in this thread so that customers can read here on this thread. So here it is and keep in mind that Tom has already corrected those issues that I mentioned:
I received my package this afternoon and it arrived neatly wrapped in an aqua colored cloth laced up neatly in an envelope further encased in a USPS priority box. This insured the protection it needed to survive the trip from Florida to Texas. The box also contained 2 extra needle ready 6ml bottles ready to slap on the unit and a set of printed colored instructions with tips on using the "smoke-box". This included instructions on preparing the juice bottles and some battery tips. What caught my eye was that this unit contains a self-resetting fuse for your protection-very important. My first impression of the mod itself was that the wood is not as thick as my Phiddy. Phidias owners will note that the Phiddy is almost twice as thick as the Smoke-Box. Inside the unit itself was a 510 HV atty chrome colored which was a pleasant surprise and 3 magnets which you won't probably need. I had to figure out how to open it because the 4 magnets that hold the door and the case are very strong and requires a substantial pulling action to pry it apart. I filled the already attached juice bottle without a problem and noted that it resembles a wetbox setup also similar to the Phidias. The needle itself appears thicker than the one the Phidias uses. I first slid in an 18650 AW high drain battery and it slipped in easily and securely with a nice solid spring on the unit. I followed with an 17670 gray UltraFire and that also fit nicely as did 2 AW 3 volt 16340 batts. What did not fit was an 18650 gray Ultrafire. The unit is identical in size to the previous version of the Phidias so that did not surprise me. I reattached the door to the main body which contains an on-off lever that slips easily through the door. I tried attaching first a new 510 Lr atty from EM but had a little difficulty doing so at first. The atty would just rest of top of the connector and not tighten when turned. I had to play with it until it slipped down and I was able to tighten it. My first draw was rather tight with no air apparently. I loosened up on the atty a bit and was able to take a draw but still IMO rather tight. I think an adjustment has to be made here to allow some air and ease up on the draw. Because of this tightness it's hard to compare against the Phidias- the draw is tight and you have to (don't want to say it but I have to) suck harder. There's an easier, fuller ( here we go again) suck to the Phidias resulting in a superior vaping experience. Vaping the Smoke-Box at 6 volts with 2 AW 3 volt batts was much better, it required much less effort and was more enjoyable than at 3.7. I cannot compare this to the Phidias at 6 volts because I have never had to vape at 6 volts on it, 3.7 is enough on the Phidias. Using an LR atty either 306 or 510 on the Phidias is sufficient to me. I don't know if it's because of the design of the top connector and catch-cup not allowing enough air to the atty that's the problem or if it's the internal wiring used inside the Smoke-Box. I know Fono uses all copper wiring with a thicker wire and that may make the difference. I have been vaping on the Smoke-Box since about 5pm with much better results at 6 volts than 3.7 with LR atties. I would prefer a better vaping experience at 3.7 if I could so hopefully this can be improved on in the near future. This appears to be a very well made mod with some nice features to it like the on-off switch and neat led light that comes on when the switch is applied. My only recommendations at this point would be to make it out of a thicker wood if possible, fix the connector so that the atty slips on easier and adjust the catchcup ( if this is the problem) to allow for an easier draw. The feed system itself seems to work very well, you barely press on it and it forces enough juice up to the atty effortlessly, works every time. I suppose that if you squeezed too hard it would flood it but the juice delivery itself is very efficient-perhaps because of the thicker needle it forces more juice into the atty with less effort. The wood grain is very nice and I got a sample of several types of wood in this one-leopard wood, zebra wood, cocobolo and the inlay is attractive also. The make is flawless and everything fits perfectly. I will continue to play with my new toy and report any new observations, this is just my first impression of it. Will I buy another one? Definitely! Tom for this being your first mod and your commitment to improve any flaws, I am very impressed! One last thing that I failed to mention was that along with his printed instructions he includes his home address and telephone number so that you can contact him with any issues you may have. How's that for customer service? Not too many vendors are willing to risk this-I think we have a winner folks!:vapor::vapor:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
Thinking I might go shake the lazy boy. Bet I could find enough change there to get me one of these purdy Monkey Boxes.
You sure do nice work Tom. I also get the impression that should anyone encounter any type of problem...it would get addressed and taken care of pronto.
This wood will mellow with age and become even more beautiful.
You have a winner here Tom. Congratulations.:thumbs:

TomB

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
Gainesville, Florida USA
Thinking I might go shake the lazy boy. Bet I could find enough change there to get me one of these purdy Monkey Boxes.
You sure do nice work Tom. I also get the impression that should anyone encounter any type of problem...it would get addressed and taken care of pronto.
This wood will mellow with age and become even more beautiful.
You have a winner here Tom. Congratulations.:thumbs:

Thanks man it means a lot.

TomB

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
Gainesville, Florida USA
can we see a pic of the inside of the box close up ..too see what its made of ... i just dont want another juice fed mod that feeds like the juice box with a needle ... 0ne that trully works and don't leak inside the box..

thank you...

lawnman3...

I am almost ready to post that and show you. I can hardly wait. I have some special medical tubing that is used at the end of the needle. That material isn't in yet, the holidays delay shipping a bit I suppose. So don't order if you are afraid..wait and see.

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I ordered a Zebra Wood and Wenge Monkey Box. I have been lurking the Forums for some time to purchase a MOD. I love the wood Mods, and after watching Toms video, i decided it was time for me to buy one. I am still a noob, and Tom has been very helpful and responsive to my questions (Even on Xmas Morning).

I am looking forward to the First Generation and Premier of the Monkey Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread