thee LUX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
alright... when i'm at home i just wanna vape my face off... i am clogging and scorching sidesho and 902 attys like a .... cuz i am trying to get them to perform with fog machine volume whilst dripping with 100vg juice... and yes, i alcohol clean my attys nightly. i typically dirty-up two attys a day to keep them "fresh".

SO, my question is, if I buy a whole LUX kit with all of its correct and "made for each other" parts, will it pump out more vape (consistently and trouble free) than a sidesho and 902 or am i truly only upgrading the battery?

and while we're on the subject, can i drip the LUX? how bout cartos?

anywho, if you think of anything useful, please shout out...

i am SERIOUSLY considering trying to turn my halloween fog machine into a vape hooka. BIG ole hose. lol

\m/

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
Its still a 902 atty or carto so its really just a battery upgrade. And really being I believe they are all 3.7v then it won't give you more, just last longer. BUT, being it last so long, you get that great first vape on a fresh battery to last longer before the battery starts dying down. All you'd need is a battery and charger. If you want consistent and trouble free, a carto might be best with a LUX that will give you full power longer. Yes you can drip a 902 on a LUX. I feel the biggest differences in amount of vapor and throat hit is very dependent on your juice, so perhaps even try some new ones. Other than that, maybe you'd prefer something that gives you more volts?

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
I have found out of all of my modern vapor equipment, battery wise the PT is the best, I don't think have a voltmeter reading on it but I'm guessing close to 5 volts. I like the lux because it does have a much longer battery life than my 902 kit. plus Tony's ss902's work very well. I have other mods with 510 connections and still use 902's with them. I always got more vapor better throat hit and better flavor out of modern vapors 902's than any 510 i've tried. I have never tried a cart on the lux battery but I would think it would be a little funny if you used the cone with it. I wouldn't see a problem though if you werent using the cone attachment. Maybe you could shed some light on that gar?

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
^^^ Ditto what he said. My 902 and SideSho batteries have been all but unused since I got my Lux. I'm down to just the Lux for portability (with a carto on it), and a 902 passthrough in front of the 'puter . Really simple.

True story (just happened today): I'm in a cubicle at the office today, and I stood up with my lux hanging off my lip. A lady walks by and says "Why would you be chewing on such a beautiful pen?". . . . I waited til she walked away a blew out a Smooth8 smoke ring...

berube27

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
Presque Isle, PA
great replies. i think i need a lux....

do i need the whole kit tho? i have lots of 902 cartos, a 902 atty, and a wall charger and i have a mouthpiece from a 902 atty....

from what i just looked at on the site, i can lux it for about 35 bucks if i have this right...

i need to buy:

1 lux bat, 1 lux cone, and 1 lux usb charge cable that i plug in to my pcc charger thingy...

i already have cartos and a mouthpiece...

thats all i need right? lemme kno

\m/

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
No you don't need a kit - you need a battery, a cone and a charger. The wall charger won't fit the LUX. Uh the 902 USB charger does though - forgot about that. You may find down the line you'll want a second battery to use while the other is charger for hours and hours. But for the time being you list is all you need - except the charger doesn't plug into a PCC.
Battery
Cone
Charger
Let us know what you think! Hey - and remember how much money you're saving over analogs!! :)

upstatEpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2010
CNY
I wish I never read this thread now that I see a new lux battery out. wife is loving the LUX and had been stealing it on me lately. Gonna just have to buy another new style battery.
I only ever bought one LUX battery and to tell you the truth, I have never had it die on me before I went to bed at night and I vape a lot.

Did I mention that I a have never had a modern vapor atty die yet? My dad has had one since june he still uses!!!!!

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
Tony, can you charge a LUX with the old style Sidesho/902 USB charging cable? One end us a USB plug for the computer connected by a wire to a threaded adapter. I did and it worked fine but I know there were issues with other chargers.

I am not sure, are you talking about a cable I use to carry a long time ago? I don't have anymore of those, so I can't confirm that at all

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
So a different button and its the logo that lights up?!?! Stop making me buy stuff. Awesome! Will it also have the longer cones?

no different button, you have the stainless one, the engraved logo on the end cap. That logo only will light up depending on the color LED you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread