They got me (The Police )

Status
Not open for further replies.

amp79423

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
Lubbock, TX, USA
Great thread, love the story and thanks to him for his service. It's a tough job and hopefully he's one of the good ones (98% are). Just some good for thought on the "I got pulled over" threads...the standard for an investigative detention (traffic stop, stop and frisk type things) is only reasonable suspicion, not probable cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'd want to see that code.
I know here in California, it's pretty specific:

A person shall not drive a motor vehicle while using a wireless telephone unless that telephone is specifically designed and configured to allow hands-free listening and talking, and is used in that manner while driving.

Cal Veh Code § 23123

Nice, that was a great story!!!
And talking about COPS the other day I was talking to a friend who volunteers as an EMT with me and he also is a COP, I asked him about vaping while driving and he said that the law says:
You can not operate a vehicle while using an electronic device (Is consider an electronic device if it has any kind of batteries)
In my opinion is a catch 22 because it was intended to any device that take you eyes from the road and with a PV does not require to take your eyes from the road like cell or GPS etc.

Gary Mcroy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My brother in law came to the house and was looking at my stash of PG/VG Nicotine lots of flavors and mixing equipment
He's Lt with the PD
Gave me a look like I was doing something wrong .
Asked what's that ?
My lab lol then I went and told him what it all was and showed him my egos and SVD
He asked if he can try one
NEW NON SMOKER LOL LOL LOL
Now he bums juice from me all the time says he likes mine better then what he gets at the B&M
going on three weeks now he looks so happy lol

You should have told him that you and his sister took up :censored: but got tired of the high market price and started making your own.... and then you shoulda been like... "but dont tell anyone bro.." just to see the reaction

Last edited:

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
You should have told him that you and his sister took up .... but got tired of the high market price and started making you own.... and then you shoulda been like... "but dont tell anyone bro.." just to see the reaction

Sounds like a plot to the pilot of a breaking bad spinoff

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
You should have told him that you and his sister took up .... but got tired of the high market price and started making you own.... and then you shoulda been like... "but dont tell anyone bro.." just to see the reaction

That would not have ben cool ,he's a bit hard if you know what I mean.
Even a little frighting.
There are people you can tease but he's not one of them lol

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I did the same when I worked for the sheriff' department....

Got a lot of questions in the beginning LOL

BTW Do you all know that it is commonly accepted to Vape in and on Military installations!

A yup...If the Military says it's ok....well you get the picture...

This is funny:

I only meet one Army officer at a base in AR. that never saw a mod or cigalike before, but then again he worked in the base waste recycling office far, far from civilization....he was on da' chit list LOL

:vapor:

I have been vaping outside the police dept since I started. Now they all know what a Vamo an Evic a MVP and a basic ego setup look like

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
BTW Do you all know that it is commonly accepted to Vape in and on Military installations!

This isn't entirely true. The AF has lumped vaping in with smoking and you are allowed to vape only in approved smoking areas.

Army hasn't set policy (yet) and there are noises about the other branches setting regulations soon as well.

Considering the Pentagon has been slowly pushing a no smoking policy for all branches over the past 2 decades, e-cigs will be on the front burner all too soon.

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
I stand corrected, I had not been on the AF base in a year...
(Last year there were vapers openly in LRAFB...guess not now).

I am not surprised though, as many corporations have done the same.

It will make for some interesting law suits from those that are sue happy.

Vapor and Smoke are two completely different things, so vaping cannot be smoking...

This isn't entirely true. The AF has lumped vaping in with smoking and you are allowed to vape only in approved smoking areas.

Army hasn't set policy (yet) and there are noises about the other branches setting regulations soon as well.

Considering the Pentagon has been slowly pushing a no smoking policy for all branches over the past 2 decades, e-cigs will be on the front burner all too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread