They got me (The Police )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
Nice, that was a great story!!!
And talking about COPS the other day I was talking to a friend who volunteers as an EMT with me and he also is a COP, I asked him about vaping while driving and he said that the law says:
You can not operate a vehicle while using an electronic device (Is consider an electronic device if it has any kind of batteries)
In my opinion is a catch 22 because it was intended to any device that take you eyes from the road and with a PV does not require to take your eyes from the road like cell or GPS etc.

Electronic communication device, not simply an electronic device. Although I am sure there are those out and about who believe they can communicate with someone, somewhere with their vapes...

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
In regards to vaping & the military,,,,not sure the Army will restrict it too much. The exchanges are now selling Blus & NJoys. Me & other co-workers also vape at work with no flack from the supervisors. We work in an Army maintenance shop. On a side note,,one of the local vape shops here is owned by an active duty CW2 & a retired E6.

Keep On Vaping !!!! :vapor:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Capt. ItTechy ret.

GO ARMY!

In regards to vaping & the military,,,,not sure the Army will restrict it too much. The exchanges are now selling Blus & NJoys. Me & other co-workers also vape at work with no flack from the supervisors. We work in an Army maintenance shop. On a side note,,one of the local vape shops here is owned by an active duty CW2 & a retired E6.

Keep On Vaping !!!! :vapor:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
And talking about COPS the other day I was talking to a friend who volunteers as an EMT with me and he also is a COP, I asked him about vaping while driving and he said that the law says:
You can not operate a vehicle while using an electronic device (Is consider an electronic device if it has any kind of batteries)
In my opinion is a catch 22 because it was intended to any device that take you eyes from the road and with a PV does not require to take your eyes from the road like cell or GPS etc.
Sounds like a poorly written rule.

Technically, an e-cig is more like an electrical device; a battery powers a heating coil. The only reason there's any electronics, is for safety and power control.

I use to smoke analogs while driving; my e-cigs aren't any more distracting. In fact, I think it's safer than smoking analogs; I've never had to pull over in a hurry because I dropped a cherry inside my car (did that at least 3 times, in 20 years).

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

So hearing aids and pacemakers are out while driving? My father will be so pleased to hear this.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I'm using a battery to start my car, so I guess that's where the line is drawn. As long as you're using it before the act of driving, it's ok. I'm going to that apply rule this to everything. What about the alternator though? That line seems a little blurry..not a battery cell, but it is generating electricity for the circuits.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
My brother in law came to the house and was looking at my stash of PG/VG Nicotine lots of flavors and mixing equipment
He's Lt with the PD
Gave me a look like I was doing something wrong .
Asked what's that ?
My lab lol then I went and told him what it all was and showed him my egos and SVD
He asked if he can try one
NEW NON SMOKER LOL LOL LOL
Now he bums juice from me all the time says he likes mine better then what he gets at the B&M
going on three weeks now he looks so happy lol

Great read Harlen ... make sure you remind him, right before Christmas ... how you saved his life :2cool:

nampla

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
prachinburi, thailand/phx,az
MBV cinnamon roll is "donut-ish". even more so with anything -berry in it. vanilla butternut gives it a glazed donut taste.

sorry... its my breakfast and after dinner vape.

As a retired police officer, I must inform you that we no longer use the term "donut". We refer to them now as "power rings".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread