Things that really turn me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshade

Sep 19, 2010
usa
So I was all like, ok cool. E-cig what a good idea let me get a whole bunch of stuff to try it out. So I tried it out for like 2 days. This is probably the worst product Ive ever tested. I got the JoyE 510 and first when I opened it I put one of the stock cartridges in it to see what the big fuss was all about. So I starting inhaling it and it felt like I was smoking metal. So I said hmm I got a bunch of e-juice so let me clean out the stuffing and put some juice in there. So while getting this all over my hands (which took about 4 days for the smell to go away) I managed to get some in the hole. Now when I went to go smoke on it again I got the ejuice all in my mouth and had to brush my teeth several times before the taste somewhat went away. Then i finally try to soak up a bunch of the juice and see if that helped. But then when I went to try again the atomizer just caught on fire. So I had a second one with it when I bought it, 2 for 1 deal. I used the other one. Tried this product on and off for about 2 months, each time remembering why I stopped using it. Because the juice got all over and the feel of smoking metal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
It sounds like you forgot to clean off the primer fluid, that's all.

All you need to is blow out the atomizer. Maybe give it a quick soak in isopropyl alcohol, and let it dry over night in front of a fan.

Start with a new cart. If it's prefilled, just pop it on. If it's blank, just drip onto the filler until it looks glassy. That's all.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Ouch. I'm very glad that I read a ton of posts on ECF as well as the Wonderful World of Vaping series in the ECF Library before my first PV arrived - I can see how I would have had an experience like yours otherwise.

Fresh atomizers have a primer that needs to be wiped off, blown out, or vaped off. It doesn't taste great, so you want to get it off so that you can actually taste your juices.

Ejuice in the mouth is either from over-filling (atty should have 1-2 drops, cart should be full but not a big pool on top of the filler) or incorrect draw technique (long, much lighter drags than with a cigarette) or a combination of both.

Not sure how it could take 4 days for the smell of the juice to leave your hands or how the atty caught on fire?

Hope the suggestions above helped. The model you have was for a long time the most recommended to newcomers for a reason - it's pretty solid. Short battery life, which is why bigger battery ones get recommended more these days, but even then the eGo/Riva/Vgo etc. line has 510 threading.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
For what it's worth, the first time I had mine in my hand, it took me 15 minutes to realize the cart even pulled off the atomizer (I thought it was one solid piece). Then I thought it took a mere 3 drops to have me vaping for the whole day. I, too, thought it was the most repugnant thing I had ever inhaled, and I've smoked some cheapo cigarettes. The second day, I realized the error of my ways, and it has been a lot smoother sailing since then. Although I still really only like about 50% of the juices I try. Thank God I've got my go-to juice to atone for the failures.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Ouch. I'm very glad that I read a ton of posts on ECF as well as the Wonderful World of Vaping series in the ECF Library before my first PV arrived - I can see how I would have had an experience like yours otherwise....

A bit of studying makes a world of difference. I did two weeks of research before even deciding on which PV to buy. Saved me from a lot of frustration and day one of my 510 experience was all it took to stop smoking cigarettes altogether.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
Ive never heard of an atty catching fire before - what model did you buy and where did you get it? Is it some cheap ole thing or one of those overpriced 'cheap; ones? I'm curious - Ive been at this 8 months now, using JOYE510 or eGo or my Buzz (which is a batt mod) and not experienced anything like this.
Im also curious how it took 4 days for the smell of juice to leave your hands - although I guess somthing like cinamon could do it - maybe.
I didnt buy mine to stop smoking although thats what the result was.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
A bit of studying makes a world of difference. I did two weeks of research before even deciding on which PV to buy. Saved me from a lot of frustration and day one of my 510 experience was all it took to stop smoking cigarettes altogether.

Same here, and it makes a world of difference. I don't even want to know how many hours of reading I did, ha ha.

And I had a very smooth transition to vaping. It wasn't without its bumps, but at no point did I feel like giving up.

I was prepared for the crappy pre-filled juice thing - so I got blanks and filled my own with good juice.

I had read about the technical aspects of maintaining and troubleshooting, so when I had problems, I had some theoretical knowledge to work with.

I think that all the research I did just generally gave me a more realistic expectation of the learning curve, and that lead me to easier success with vaping.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
go tyo youtube.com and enter any of the following in the search

e-cig
510 e-cig
e-juice
510 + refill

You will get results for many videos that show you how to use the 510, how to refill the cartridges efficiently, how to clean and maintain, etc., etc.

When you refill the carts don't just squirt and try filling it with the juice streaming out. Go one drop at a time.
Never seen or heard of an atty catching fire either. By that did you mean it was "smoking" alot like it was smoldering?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
So I was all like, ok cool. E-cig what a good idea let me get a whole bunch of stuff to try it out. So I tried it out for like 2 days. This is probably the worst product Ive ever tested. I got the JoyE 510 and first when I opened it I put one of the stock cartridges in it to see what the big fuss was all about. So I starting inhaling it and it felt like I was smoking metal. So I said hmm I got a bunch of e-juice so let me clean out the stuffing and put some juice in there. So while getting this all over my hands (which took about 4 days for the smell to go away) I managed to get some in the hole. Now when I went to go smoke on it again I got the ejuice all in my mouth and had to brush my teeth several times before the taste somewhat went away. Then i finally try to soak up a bunch of the juice and see if that helped. But then when I went to try again the atomizer just caught on fire. So I had a second one with it when I bought it, 2 for 1 deal. I used the other one. Tried this product on and off for about 2 months, each time remembering why I stopped using it. Because the juice got all over and the feel of smoking metal.

Astroturf?

Scarlet Fire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2010
Terrapin
Some of what you posted sounds a little bit...well, contrived to me.

If you really had all of those problems with an atty, though, you might want to try 510 cartos and just fill them yourself. In my opinion, they're less messy than the cart/atty thing and they vape just as well (and infinitely better than what you described). Just don't let them dry out. Take the white end piece off and drip a few drops in every now and then.

I don't know what to tell you about the juice on your hands, though. It washes off of mine just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread