Those who don't want to drip

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
I love dripping and highly recommend a good drip shield. They work perfectly for me as I find I rotate flavors fairly heavily. The drip shield removes allot of the mess and even covers for over dripping a bit. The only problem I have found is with the ego and ego T batteries. The first hour or so is great, then i find I am holding the button down longer to get the same hit from it. This is why I have switched to a mod that takes LiIon, they are supposed to remain at a constant voltage longer.

I have even gotten to the point now where I pretty much always drip and hardly use the slew of cartomizers lying around. It helps to find a good atomizer like the inkenvape 510, with a drip shield, I am getting about 15 or so puffs off before dropping 2 more drops down the tip.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I love dripping and highly recommend a good drip shield. They work perfectly for me as I find I rotate flavors fairly heavily. The drip shield removes allot of the mess and even covers for over dripping a bit. The only problem I have found is with the ego and ego T batteries. The first hour or so is great, then i find I am holding the button down longer to get the same hit from it. This is why I have switched to a mod that takes LiIon, they are supposed to remain at a constant voltage longer.

I have even gotten to the point now where I pretty much always drip and hardly use the slew of cartomizers lying around. It helps to find a good atomizer like the inkenvape 510, with a drip shield, I am getting about 15 or so puffs off before dropping 2 more drops down the tip.

This intrigues me. So much has changed in such little time...

I'll have to look into this. Thanks!

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
S29 40' 272" E031 07'030"
You read my mind!

Ditto. Been trying to find a carto that works for convinience but at the rate I go thru juice i still had to refill it several times a day and the convinience of dripping a little less was ofset by the constent fear that the carto would go a little dry and burn then the possibly messy refill. I keep going bacj to dripping, actually I think dripping has become more convinient for me, then I always notice the flavor and silky smooth draw and i wonder why i switxhed to cartos. Im still in the hunt for something that provides all the benefits of dripping but provides a true all day vape sans refill. I have hopes for the dual coil map tank. It addresses many of my concerns and hopefully good flavor and draw as the carto will always be properly moist. Any thoughts on that?

Nova Sphere

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
S29 40' 272" E031 07'030"
mooreted
This is as good as it gets on an eGo without dripping
P1000484.jpg

what a bragger!! Where do I find one?

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Its technically a cone specifically made to fit around a 901 atomizer. If you have a 510 you can buy a sealed adapter that will raise its height so it will work. Basically you just apply a little juice to the outside of your atomizer and your extender then slide the cone over till the top seal is below the lip of the atomizer. Put your drip tip on and away you go. There are two holes toward the top that replace the 4 holes at the bottom of the atomizer for releasing heat. This actually gives you a tighter draw with more vapor. The liquid will leak out of hte 4 holes into the sealed shield and the atomizer will feed off the excess juice. Cant use it like a tank, but no more gooy liquid filled napkins for wiping off the excess mess.

I ordered one and now wished I had ordered another one or two.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Notice you cannot see the bottom where the atomizer connects to the battery, you can also see a little bit of the atomizer lip. The big black piece is the drip shield, it covers the entire atomizer. When you drip liquid can come out of the holes on the bottom of the atomizer causing a mess. This covers those holes and keeps the liquid inside, sorta like a kinda very small tank. Near the top of the atomizer lip are two holes opposite of each other, those are now the atomizer holes for air to escape. If you blow really hard into the atomizer, liquid will leak out of there. They are messy when you remove them if you have overdripped too much, but a nice mod with a long battery should work wonders. I will take a minute of mess for every couple of hours compared to carrying napkins to wipe up the overflow. I have gotten my technique better, but some seepage was occurring and this solves the problem.

chatter97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Woodstock Georgia
Darn vapercon... Found out 2 days ago that bluemist vaping is only 20 mins away from my house, but they're away until the 25th. This hobby Is nothing but waiting...
... and gadgets
... and new toys
... and occasional frustration
... and lessons in planning
... and begging of wife to allow you to buy said gadgets and juices
... and vaping fun!!!

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
If that really were the case, nobody would like dripping.
But it most definitely is not the case.

It has been my experience with dripping and that is all I can go on. IMO some enjoy the challenge that dripping takes to get good with it and when you do you get the best vape experience possible atm. Me I want hassle free.

Last edited:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Update: it's been 6 months since I've been on the boards, just got some dual coil cartos (which were not around when I left) and they seem to be on par with the standard boge's.

If I didn't know how to fill cartos, I wouldn't use them.... Most have issues with juice with higher than 50% VG.

Slb's: terrible wicking issues. Ce2's: decent if held upside down for a few seconds prior to taking a drag. Syringe mod with ptb ce2's: improvement, but still subpar.

Most other cartos are just slight variations of the above (except tanks, can't comment on them). I've found that cartos without filler, or cartos with wrapped cloth filler have wicking problems compared to the foam/fiber filler of boge's/healthcabin dual coils, when used with thicker juice at 5 volt.

I'm not sure yet if the dual coil is worth the price increase over the boge's.

You aren't sure of much. So you still need to keep reading.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
You aren't sure of much. So you still need to keep reading.

Bad day at the office?

After a few days with the dual coils, I can say that I enjoy them more than standard coils if, and only if, they are properly powered.

My standard 14650's do not allow enough current flow to power the dual coils, causing voltage to be pulled down significantly from 5v to around 3.5 volts.

But when hooked up to a dc power supply at work that CAN supply the needed current, there is quite a difference. Warmer vapor, better vapor production, and increased throat hit.

Hopefully the IMR's will be able to keep up with these. I'll be placing an order for them within a few days. Without a supply that can manage 3 amps (and standard 14500's can't) dual coils aren't much of an improvement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread