Status
Not open for further replies.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Alright I know a bunch of you have 'em there all out of stock, (grrrr) so what do you think? Can't wait to get my hands on one soon, but until then I will just have to live vicariously through you guys. Tell me what mods you've tried it on, and how its holding up. Also battery life and if your using IMR 18500 or 18350s.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Sure it can. The Xhaler from Nhaler comes with a extended tube to use with 18650 batteries (in the kick kit), The GG Telescoping mod can use the kick with a 18650 battery, and its been speculated that the Megaladon will also be able to use the kick with a 18650 battery. Also rumor has it that the silver bullet will be able to use a extender tube soon to also use the kick with 18650 batteries. So that statement is not only false, it was off topic, as I did not ask why the Provari was better then the kick. Thanks though.

And for the record I would love a Provari V2, but the kick is a cheaper alternative that is also VW, which is more appealing to me then VV. JMHO.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
the kick cannot use an 18650 battery...right there is the "deal breaker" for me....

That depends on your PV. I'm using an 18650 battery with mine right now

Creniker, it is a nice little unit. I've been using it in my GGTS and have an XHaler en route (I really need to stop buying more mods:facepalm:).

Run times with an 18350 are fairly short, I used it in that configuration somewhere in the range of 8-ish watts with a 2 ohm coil in my Odysseus and only got a couple hours of use, but running with just the 18350 by itself I only get about 3 hours in that setup anyway (less than that before I'm no longer satisfied with the battery output), so it's not a huge drop in run time.

Using 3 ohm attys at around the same setting I've gotten roughly 4+ hours, 6+ with a 1600mAh 18650. I vape pretty heavy

The biggest benefit to me is it basically turns my unregulated mods into regulated devices and I get the same vape from full charge until the low battery warning (the Kick does a little "stutter" vape when the under load battery voltage drops to a certain point)

I say if you've got a mod you can use it in, go ahead and try to get your hands on one. They aren't that expensive and if you don't care for it I'm sure it would move pretty quick in the classies ;-)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I've been using a Kick in a Maxi Roughstack and a Silver Bullet with a 2.4 ohm atty and a 1.5 ohm dual coil carto, with an new a new AW IMR 18500. I read a lot of concerns about the 10 watt limitation but I suspect that's under load. This thing really heats up my vapes! I've been running that atty on a 4.8 volt NIMH battery before this, and the Kick at it's lowest setting seems the same, even though it is theoretically lower voltage. Consistent warm cloudy vapes for me so far.

With the dual coil, the vape's a little too hot for me at the lowest setting. I'm not a big throat hit fan, but I think it would be better to stick with the higher resistance dual coils.

The new 18500 AW IMR has been running for about 14 hours of moderate vaping. Vaping seems identical with the SB and RS. This definitely cranks up the metal tubes!

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey
Sure it can. The Xhaler from Nhaler comes with a extended tube to use with 18650 batteries (in the kick kit), The GG Telescoping mod can use the kick with a 18650 battery, and its been speculated that the Megaladon will also be able to use the kick with a 18650 battery. Also rumor has it that the silver bullet will be able to use a extender tube soon to also use the kick with 18650 batteries. So that statement is not only false, it was off topic, as I did not ask why the Provari was better then the kick. Thanks though.

And for the record I would love a Provari V2, but the kick is a cheaper alternative that is also VW, which is more appealing to me then VV. JMHO.

Creniker, YOU asked for "your thoughts on the kick" I gave you MINE.....ITS not worth the price tab...MY thoughts.....It is also my THOUGHTS that people are spending WAY too much money on all the garbage out there that simply doesnt work or is poorly advertised that it can do something it cannot....remember how the lavatube or whatever name it goes by now could regulate voltage???? I bought one of those with HIGH hopes Guess what?? IT DOESNT do what it is supposed to do...I found that out too late.....wasted my money.....After some poor slug buys the KICK and whatever extender tube some company dreams up and you add it all up it still will not do what a provari will do....I could care less what mod I own as long as it DOES what its designed to do......I can see all the fiddling around with a screwdriver trying to adjust the kick just causing all kinds of extra nuisance and nonsense that it will cause....All for a price.......I just don't think its worth it......But, having said all that, I love this forum and would never purposely post something "off-topic"....Excuse me if I did....best regards...

Last edited:

hchris

Dec 3, 2011
ohio
I been using the kick since friday in my SB with a 18500 battery. the battery life is more then enough to get me through the workday. I starting vaping with it at 6pm friday night and it went to 4:30pm saturday before it died (of course i did sleep during some of that time). I have mostly ran a LR 306 atomizer on it.To me it feels a little less then my SB with a fresh charged battery but with the kick I dont feel a drop in power. From off the charger to died battery it didnt give me a weak hit at all. changing the watts is not as bad as some is making it out to be but of course im using it in a tube mod so all i do is take off the cap use a screwdriver to change the watts then but back on cap. I could see why it would be a PITA in a box mod set up. For 45 bucks I have really enjoyed it and its brought some new life to my SB which is the mod that I bring to work all the time. Will this take the place of my provari? No I dont think so. For 45 bucks to be able to use more then LRs on my silver bullet and have a nice vape I think its worth it.

so using a digital volt meter on SB here is some of the voltages im getting out of of it and this is reading volts not watts

2.9 ohm carto 5.5 volts (10.4310 watts)
2.3 ohm carto 4.9 volts (10.4391 watts)
1.4 ohm atomizer 3.8 volts (10.3142 watts)

Typed all the volts and ohms into a ohms law calculator to get the watts. So it seems to be doing what is says it should.

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Creniker, YOU asked for "your thoughts on the kick" I gave you MINE.....ITS not worth the price tab...MY thoughts.....It is also my THOUGHTS that people are spending WAY too much money on all the garbage out there that simply doesnt work or is poorly advertised that it can do something it cannot....remember how the lavatube or whatever name it goes by now could regulate voltage???? I bought one of those with HIGH hopes Guess what?? IT DOESNT do what it is supposed to do...I found that out too late.....wasted my money.....After some poor slug buys the KICK and whatever extender tube some company dreams up and you add it all up it still will not do what a provari will do....I could care less what mod I own as long as it DOES what its designed to do......I can see all the fiddling around with a screwdriver trying to adjust the kick just causing all kinds of extra nuisance and nonsense that it will cause....All for a price.......I just don't think its worth it......But, having said all that, I love this forum and would never purposely post something "off-topic"....Excuse me if I did....best regards...

lol. I was asking for thoughts on people that had purchased them and tried them. You sir have obviously not, and for some reason, are under the impression that the Provari (A fantastic device) is some how how space age technology compared to the kick. Are you seriously talking about fiddling around with it? You set it once (A 5 sec job) and then assuming you know your preferred wattage (as it is safe to presume that most people purchasing a device such as the kick would have some idea of the preferred wattage) you never touch it again, regardless of what atomizer or cartomizer you use. Are you suggesting that the Provari, with its one button menu system (which again, I feel works wonderfully, and is the most elequant solutions for a one button menu system) that has to be adjusted when ever you change the ohm of the atomizer/cartomizer you are using is some how less fiddly then a kick? And your complaining about price when you are advocating one of the most expensive units in the vaping world? You sir are a funny man, and I appreciate the laugh.

And killjoy and 44 glad to hear about the battery life. Im excited to grab one and just start throwing everything at it, (I generally vape a little less then 10 so it should work well for me).

hchris it looks like your getting about 10.5 watts, just a little under. Is that typical?

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Ive heard a couple of reports if it almost gettin 10.5 watts, so it may not be your meter.

I don't understand -- is that the max?

Definitely seems like a good option for SB and the like mods. The flexibility added is a good bonus. I'm not crazy about the idea of opening the mod to adjust it (yes, I vape at different voltage/wattage throughout the day -- one setting isn't going to cut it, at least for me), but it's a boon for those who already own a mod it will work in.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I set mine to ~8 Watts when I opened it Wednesday. I haven't had to touch it since. I'm so happy to have my Silver Bullet back from the dead. :vapor:

Now it's my ProVari collecting dust in the corner while i become reacquainted with an old friend. It clearly will not replace my ProVari setup, but I could see this as a great rig to bring to meets for trying out different atties & cartos.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'm loving it!

My non-kicked mods are getting a vacation...for a few days.

I like the consistent vape. Could it be that I'm actually vaping less because of this? I think so, as the 18490's I'm using are lasting much longer than I expected.

I like the added protection the Kick gives.

Last edited:

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
I like mine alot!I set it about 8.5 watts and it shows 4.18v on my meter with a 2.2ohm carto tank.It stayed the same from first hit on a fresh 3.5ml tankful til the last hit on a empty tank.It won't replace my provari but makes a real nice second device(I always carry 2,ya never know,stuff happens).I can see my non vv tube mods getting a bunch more use now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread