• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Tips on carrying around and using your juicebox properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kismayaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Central FL
Was wondering that myself; elsewhere I saw someone post: "...after I cleaned it out with alcohol it is fine." But unfortunately that seems to give no indication as to whether they actually removed the atty. Now, if by chance it's the case that for some reason s/he really 'couldn't' have been running alcohol through it while installed (I wouldn't know :p), maybe that can help fill in the blanks... On the other hand, quite a few ppl overall have mentioned an initial taste they looked fwd to getting rid of, yet the above was the only possible reference to removing the atty to do so that I've seen, which seems pretty implausible if that's what even just some ppl are doing...

So! In sum, never mind! :confused: ;)

Sorry, must have missed this. You can take the atty out and soak it in everclear if you need to wash out a funky taste or a juice flavor you don't care for. Just be careful not to soak the ends of the wires. Blow through both ends of the atty to clean it out. Dry with paper towel and q-tips and you're good to go.

Mestra

Jan 24, 2010
Baton Rouge La
Got mine today its used but im impatient lol. i get super hard TH but no vapor same juice on my 510 gets soso TH and great vapor. Im not sure if i am doing something wrong. i have tried everything that has been posted in this thread. Im very visual and i as stated the vapor production is almost zilch.

I will say the taste is amazing as well. almost to good for me going to try some 555 or freedom later since the coffee flavors i have are overpowering.

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Mestra,
Just out of curiosity. Do you think the TH is purely from the vape or do you feel/taste that's it's from something else? Like does it seem like there is something really burning in the atty? For myself, if I let it get a little dry (I have to do that for it to really produce vapor) it makes my cough and there's also like a lingering weezing too like I'm smoking analogs again. That's what makes me think there's some real smoke or something going on there. That being said, nowadays when I do pick up my juicebox to try it again (which isn't often), it does seem to be improving ever so slighty and slowly...

Mestra

Jan 24, 2010
Baton Rouge La
not like anything is lingering or burning but im vaping 36mg juice (all i have) it has a strong TH just cant seem to get it to produce vapor. and the flavor is overwhelming the 555 I'm vaping on my 510 is nice and mild on this its almost harsh its so strong unfortunately my 5v PT died on me and im down to 1 510 bat so if this doesn't start working better I'm going to have to sell it. if i had the time to get past the learning curve i would but with only 1 backup now its going to be hard

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Well I'm sitting at work today and my phone starts ringing with an unfamiliar number... when I answer it's a very familiar voice.... I have to say Carlos just did a 180 on my opinion of the customer service. By the end of the evening I had installed skype and he was walking me through it via video. To be honest I have not really picked up my JB in a few days due to discouragement. It is vaping a heck of a lot better now and I can tell it is going to get even better. If there's one main thing I would want to say to a new JB owner who is discouraged. BREAK IN TIME IS EVERYTHING! There's a lot of talk about learning curve and there is one. But that leads one to believe that if they work at it continuously it'll improve quicker. Not so. You have to let the atty break in on these things. If you can't take the harshness of the break in time then do what I did. Set it down, resist killing yourself on it constantly, but keep it near and juice it up and hold down the button.. but don't vape it. Give it a good flood before you go to bed and let it sit like that each night. I got it last Thursday and it is now Tuesday. The harshness is almost all gone now and after working with Carlos a little via video its really starting to produce some really nice (non-harsh) vape. He really didn't show me anything that hasn't already been shown in the many JB vids out there. I really think it has more to do with letting that atty get good and seasoned. I can tell it is going to get better too. I had almost written the JB off and was thinking about selling it till I got the call today. Carlos also let me know that he'll take care of it if I think the attys bad. At this point I don't think it is anymore. Thank you Carlos for the great personal customer service and I hope this helps new JB owners out there who excitedly get there JB in the mail open it up with batteries charged and waiting, start vaping and feel disappointed. Let that atty season and you'll be much happier that you own a JB.

P.S Cut the heck out of the mg on your juice or you'll never make it out alive... ;)

Last edited:

JDSupreme

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
That's very encouraging Greyz! :thumb:

Ditto, gotta love technology :) I HAVE NO FEAR AND COMPLETE TRUST IN MY UPCOMING JB. I'm looking at it like a challenge, i know it will suck at first, most pvs do. No one can say they mastered any mod right out of the box, or even the first few days for that matter (unless you've had something very similar) Until you find that undescribable "perfect" way to hit it

Last edited by a moderator:

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
Oh yeah, there is one thing he did tell me that I don't think I have seen in any of the videos or on the forums, and that is the actual placement of the atty. The actual atty is right above the plastic bottle cap. This knowledge is helpful when your watching the tube and pumping. It'll help you from guessing how far up juice needs to go to get on the atty.

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Oh yeah, there is one thing he did tell me that I don't think I have seen in any of the videos or on the forums, and that is the actual placement of the atty. The actual atty is right above the plastic bottle cap. This knowledge is helpful when your watching the tube and pumping. It'll help you from guessing how far up juice needs to go to get on the atty.

I cant seem to get past the wicked turpentine/pine sol flavor. How long before that goes away? I put TV Cafe Mocha in it from the get go (after I tasted the juice Carlos must have tested it with) and am not tasting my juice at all. Just sort of a burnt plastic/piney/turpentine flavor.

Greyz

Jan 4, 2010
Athens Ga
I cant seem to get past the wicked turpentine/pine sol flavor. How long before that goes away? I put TV Cafe Mocha in it from the get go (after I tasted the juice Carlos must have tested it with) and am not tasting my juice at all. Just sort of a burnt plastic/piney/turpentine flavor.

Took me about 5 days I guess. But I quit vaping it cause I couldn't take it. I'd just constantly flood the atty and leave it or hold down the button some then leave it, without vaping it, in hopes that it would move past a break in period and it finally did. It's still not 100% but it's a lot better and vapable and I feel asured that it will get even better since it is all heading in the right direction.

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
Yeah, mine came with cinnamon-y atomic fireball juice primed into it & it lingered like you wouldn't believe, even ruining some reservoir juice I put in. TH is still so unbearable I cannot even try to inhale. But time will tell. I'll continue to flood & burn my way to breaking it in to a usable device, hopefully.

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town

The way I did it was to take off the bottle and place something under the tube to catch the flushing liquid as I slowly dripped from the mouth tube to clear out the odd taste. Used straight PG and used maybe a total of 3 ml for about a 3 day period to air it out as well as flush it out. Periodically switched on the JB without inhaling to get it seasoned with the PG.

My main PV's a penstyle Nicobox @5v (and now alternating with 4.2V thanks to your diode idea :)) so I was in no rush re the JB.

Anyway, after the flushing routine, the JB tastes just fine and I never had any problems with flooding. Working the way I thought it would be and no complaints.

Last edited:

Ralph T

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
The way I did it was to take off the bottle and place something under the tube to catch the flushing liquid as I slowly dripped from the mouth tube to clear out the odd taste. Used straight PG and used maybe a total of 3 mg for about a 3 day period to air it out as well as flush it out. Periodically switched on the JB without inhaling to get it seasoned with the PG.

My main PV's a penstyle Nicobox @5v (and now alternating with 4.2V thanks to your diode idea :)) so I was in no rush re the JB.

Anyway, after the flushing routine, the JB tastes just fine and I never had any problems with flooding. Working the way I thought it would be and no complaints.

I flooded it by accident and some of that TV Cafe Mocha juice ran down the outside of the atty. It stained the white epoxy a slight yellow color which I could not wash off. I wonder if this epoxy is somewhat porous. :(

I took the atty out last night and flushed it with hot water for about 10 minutes, then put it in a dehydrator overnight at 130F. It still reeks this morning, so I guess maybe a vodka soak I guess and see if I can eradicate it that way that.

It occurs to me that the smell may be the epoxy he used. It could be that it takes days for it to fully cure, and maybe its out-gassing during the curing process. If thats true then I don't see how it could be good for you. It could also be some sort of flux he used for the soldering.

Glad the diode trick helped you out. ;)

kemuri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2009
out of town
Glad the diode trick helped you out. ;)

Talk about typos, need to correct my post to read 3ml total, not 3 mg.

Your idea of alcohol flush sounds good too. I always felt the initial off-taste and smell was production residue. Were he not under tremendous pressure to catch up and had people willing to wait 3 months or 4 with no problem and pitchforks, he might even just keep the JB unit lying around to air for a while and possibly flush out using some liquid.

I'm test vaping an 801 @4.2V right now. If I get about 2 to 3 weeks use out of an 801, then I'm all set. Bringing up an 801 isn't really OT as far as the JB goes. I believe what possibly got Carlos deeper into hand crafting a long lasting atty is participating in an 801 atty thread.

If later, Carlos can get his atomizer to get really close to a penstyle in tastiness, then the JB would pretty much be close to The One for me. Even as it stands now, the JB is quite tasty.

Last edited:

Shelbeethehmmrgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Belle, West Virginia, United States
I just purchased a JB on the classifieds I have question that I didn't see answered here. How thick should I have my eliquid? I have some high voltage from Nhaler is that about the thickness? I will need to cut some eliquid to use it and I am just looking for a starting point. Also can you recomend a good video for me to watch on operation, I know there are a lot of ones out there I would just like one that gives me a general idea. TIA

Spiker

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
Santa Cruz Mountains
Anyone else getting juice in their mouth? Not talking about flooding here, just every once in while I get juice on my lips and tongue. It's very annyoing, and I have to check after every few puffs. Maybe it has to do with the mouthpiece? I have a 801 T-Tip on order, and hoping that cures it, but been driving me crazy, as it seems to happen with no warning, just suddenly. Is it just me?

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
I'm gonna try this seasoning tip! I got mine a few days ago...1st day, nothing! I hated it! 2nd day, finally something but not lovin' it! Last night, the TH was so harsh after lowering my nic gradually to ZERO, I still cough with every hit. Tried it again this morning and still coughing on the TH. My mouth is sore from all the juice in my mouth yesterday also.
So, I'll keep it handy, juiced up and just hit the button without actually vaping.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
BTW- this is my third atty and I really want this to work but if not this one, I'm giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread