Tired of the FDA Lies Repeated Over and Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
Here's a little more:

Skoal Bandits 1,300 ng /g
Swedish snus (General) 2000 ng / g

Stepanov I, Jensen J, Hatsukami D, Hecht SS. tobacco-specific nitrosamines in new tobacco products. Nicotine Tob Res. 2006 Apr;8(2):309-13. http://www.starscientific.com/404/stepanov tsna in.pdf

Table 1 lists quite a few different products, however the values are expressed as micrograms rather than nanograms. To convert, multiply by 1,000.
this new study even has snus data. going from the PDF the data did not translate well at all. this one will require rebuilding. just takes a little time.
atm i have a second set of data that i am developing. need to do some minor tweaking. should have it up by the end of the week. then i will start on this one.

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The FDA knows the truth (period)

I know we all are "Offended" by the FDA's lies
and they should to do the Politically Correct thing
and offer a "public Apology"
laughing.gif

AndyM

Apr 12, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Barack Obama has this well-publicized struggle with analogs. If HE came out in public and said that he would support any legislation to bring eCigs into the mainstream, that would be massive. The FDA could still drag its feet for years, but Obama can help to really get the word out there.

What do US forum members think about this? Please, let's keep his politics out...just focus on "Internationally Well Known Public Figure who is trying to Quit Smoking".

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Barack Obama has this well-publicized struggle with analogs. If HE came out in public and said that he would support any legislation to bring eCigs into the mainstream, that would be massive. The FDA could still drag its feet for years, but Obama can help to really get the word out there.

What do US forum members think about this? Please, let's keep his politics out...just focus on "Internationally Well Known Public Figure who is trying to Quit Smoking".

While I understand your reasoning, it is hard to imagine that a person with his resources doesn't have access to anything he wants.

That being said, I smoked 3 PAD for 25 years and quit in an instant. If some government dude is reading this and wants to actually do something good, positive and heartfelt for a change, track me down. I'll gladly help with e-liquid and equipment selections to help the president quit smoking.

Few things are worse than how governments are treating vaping and one of them is that millions of people are still needlessly smoking.

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Someone started a petition on whitehouse.gov asking the president to recognize e-cigarettes as a viable alternative to smoking. We did a big push and got the required 10,000 signatures to qualify to get a response. The response was, to say the least, disappointing. The White House punted to the FDA, which gave the canned response.

See: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/media-general-news/249400-response-signing-petition.html

Shortly thereafter the White House changed the goal to 30,000 signatures.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Someone started a petition on whitehouse.gov asking the president to recognize e-cigarettes as a viable alternative to smoking. We did a big push and got the required 10,000 signatures to qualify to get a response. The response was, to say the least, disappointing. The White House punted to the FDA, which gave the canned response.

See: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/media-general-news/249400-response-signing-petition.html

You can imagine my surprise :|

EDIT:
Oh, by the way ... This thread is still at the top of the returns
when you Google the exact phrase "FDA Lies" ... Click Here

Last edited:

AndyM

Apr 12, 2012
Toronto, Canada

Good to know the background of this. So the President won't go against the establishment on this (not a surprise).

Nevertheless would be great if he made a casual comment about e-Cigs during one of his many interviews with Jon Stewart or Colbert. Just hoping someone in the White House reads this :)

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
Vocalek emailed me a study having to do with nicotine impurities. she pointed out table 6 as a good candidate for graphing. so i did. i did each impurity, one for each 'device'and one with everything. i like the all in one graph myself.

the original excel sheet is available on the page for download too.

01%20SVVNI.JPG

Here's a little more:

Skoal Bandits 1,300 ng /g
Swedish snus (General) 2000 ng / g

Stepanov I, Jensen J, Hatsukami D, Hecht SS. Tobacco-specific nitrosamines in new tobacco products. Nicotine Tob Res. 2006 Apr;8(2):309-13. http://www.starscientific.com/404/stepanov tsna in.pdf

Table 1 lists quite a few different products, however the values are expressed as micrograms rather than nanograms. To convert, multiply by 1,000.

as for this one, there is so much data on this that the graph is huge. working on splitting it up into 2 graphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread