Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
ok, so for the heron, i see a few tutorials with fluff and a few with out.
can some one explain to me a few things? please?

what is the advantage of fluff?
can you use say.... cotton rayon instead of fluff?

i don't have a heron yet.... i bought the clone first to see if this would be a tank i like.
and i really like it. but before i buy the original, i just want to understand how it works and what the best build is going to be for me.

hubby gave me the okay for the heron and another pricey topper for my upcoming birthday! NOV 1st.

i have a beautiful gp paps lux, and i'm looking to get a "matching tank for it"
i have the snp tank but i broke all three glass tubes with in a few days.

anyways what are your thoughts on fluff? or no fluff?

thanks.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
no input? really? am i in the wrong thread?
come on guys. some one's got to have an opinion on the fluff.

who has tried both with and with out?
i'm all excited about getting my heron.

You are good to ask here or anywhere in this sub forum, so no matter where you ask, someone will respond, by the way welcome :)

The GP Heron follows the Spheroid principle in bigger size, so it is intended by design to use fluff.
Experimental builds without it were published from reviewers and users, but they need experienced users to succeed without leakage.

You can play with both builds see here for detailed pictorials.

In my opinion the fluff-less ones give a muted flavour in some liquids, while by using fluff, you have all the advantages of a bigger Spheroid (known to be leak resistant) plus enhanced flavour and strong throat hit.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413227993.826348.jpg

Thanks for getting back to me.
And for linking me, i had found some one else's tutorial on here somewhere on how to use the fluff and tried it in my clone and that was the aha moment where i said i want the authentic now!

It seemed it was going to be complicated. But it was ridiculously easy to set up and i really wasnt sure what the fluff did since i am in fact using a clone right now.

So bottom line here, is just use the fluff. I was surprised at how much fluff i got, and how little is needed for a tank.

Thanks for the welcoming. I am very excited. I am really happy with my gp paps, minus the fact the bottom pin gets lose all the time.

Anyway, the quality is beautiful and superior to all my other mods!
Now i just need to figure out how to get back that beautiful gold color. Im gonna try Bon ami. I think i read that was safe to use.

Thanks again for replying.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
View attachment 381005

Thanks for getting back to me.
And for linking me, i had found some one else's tutorial on here somewhere on how to use the fluff and tried it in my clone and that was the aha moment where i said i want the authentic now!

It seemed it was going to be complicated. But it was ridiculously easy to set up and i really wasnt sure what the fluff did since i am in fact using a clone right now.

So bottom line here, is just use the fluff. I was surprised at how much fluff i got, and how little is needed for a tank.

Thanks for the welcoming. I am very excited. I am really happy with my gp paps, minus the fact the bottom pin gets lose all the time.

Anyway, the quality is beautiful and superior to all my other mods!
Now i just need to figure out how to get back that beautiful gold color. Im gonna try Bon ami. I think i read that was safe to use.

Thanks again for replying.

You're welcome! Which version of GP PAPS do you have? Are you referring to the lower telescopic post of v2.1, v2.5 or to the v2.1, v2.5 switch's holding nut?

Edit

I just found the other thread in which you discuss about the switch, so we continue there.

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
You're welcome! Which version of GP PAPS do you have? Are you referring to the lower telescopic post of v2.1, v2.5 or to the v2.1, v2.5 switch's holding nut?

Edit

I just found the other thread in which you discuss about the switch, so we continue there.

It's the v3 switch and though it did good for almost a whole day. It is still working lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
It's the v3 switch and though it did good for almost a whole day. It is still working lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The negative contact screw has to be tightened with a screwdriver not by hand and it won't come loose again. A common practise to secure or unscrew any metal part is to give a sudden short flick towards the direction of the desired action. If you want to loose stack metal parts, a sudden move at the start of the unscrewing action is recommended. If you wish to secure a screw to be tight, you do a quick short turn at the end, to "grab", so it won't become loose in the future.

Last edited:

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Cool :)
I've just seen it before where posters ask for help from the OEM and it turns out they're troubleshooting a clone/counterfeit. Definitely not appropriate.
Welcome to the GP family, I think you'll find some very helpful and friendly people here.
Perseas and Team GP provide excellent products and service.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I am. I know this. Hahaha. Im pulling out my pink toolbox today. I've been using my little coil building screwdrivers. So im pulling out the big guns today!

If you use a bigger/longer screwdriver, you'll have a better leverage and once the contact is tightened, it won't come loose again.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Wanted to update... Yep I used a regular flathead screwdriver weeks ago, and it has not come loose since.

And I bought me a spheroid off the classes. I should have xleaned it better, some residual ejuice from previous owner is killing me.

Is there a recommended cleaning method?
Also, my 1.5 build is making it very very hot. Is that ok? Should I build higher?

perhol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Bagsværd, Copenhagen, Denmark
Water with a little dish washing agent, use a small toothbrush as "dish brush".
Or better yet the aforementioned followed by a good trip in an ultrasonic cleaner.
Also, my 1.5 build is making it very very hot. Is that ok? Should I build higher?
If you chainvape, a Spheroid can be pretty hot. It's good to have more than one to switch between.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Wanted to update... Yep I used a regular flathead screwdriver weeks ago, and it has not come loose since.

And I bought me a spheroid off the classes. I should have xleaned it better, some residual ejuice from previous owner is killing me.

Yep! I know the taste of residual juice, it is from remnants inside the base. To get rid of it, boil it in hot milk or follow the recommendations of the previous posters. Remember to remove the O-rings beforehand (don't boil them, neither put them inside an ultrasonic cleaner, because they age fast) and disassemble the base completely.

You can go up to 1,8 - 2,2 Ω, still having a satisfactory vape and this will help the heat dissipation as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread