Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
Bob, can people be so stupid as to not realize that careless parents are the reason that children are getting hold of snus and poisoning themselves. Things that are not meant for children, should be put safely out of the reach of children, not disparaged and banned !!

They are not stupid, just corrupt. Plus they have enough power to go unpunished for being corrupt. They are happy to look stupid, if there are enough bucks in it for them.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
The saddest thing is that the study's author, Gregory Connolly, a rabid prohibitionist concerning all things tobacco, is laughing his head off right now. We can rant all we want here, but he delivered his message to America, loud and clear, on just about every news outlet. I can't tell you how many "friends" emailed me about my dangerous practice that is endangering America's children.

We have no voice as loud. We have no researcher who can command the type of attention this inaccurate and ill-reasoned message got.

Before this is over, these anti types will take down snus, dissolvables, and all electronic smoking products -- liquids and hardware. Then they will tax cigarettes, chew tobacco, cigars and pipe tobacco to a point that choices between food and mortgages and tobacco must be made.

Who gets hurt? Only the people. Only people like us, trying to do a better thing in the face of corporate greed, intellectual bankruptcy at instititutions of higher learning, and a government with its hands shoved ever deeper into our pockets and its eyes peering ever deeper into our private lives.

When i see you write like this Bob, it scares me because it's exactly what i have been thinking. All Britain's Political parties are out of control and they now know that they can do whatever they want with impunity as "the people" won't fight back. Vapers will become Criminals sometime this year after Government have changed The Management. After that our Internet access will be limited (as the Digital Economy Bill has been passed) to "acceptable content" so any Forums like these will become "unavailable"
As Karl Marx observed "The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them."
The next lot are really going to turn the screw. :(

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
While Connolly's grossly misleading fear mongering article against Camel Orbs may have generated lots of media coverage, its nonsense from a scientific and public health perspective.

Connolly also now has a significant conflict of interest, which may/should disallow him from voting on the issue as a member of the FDA tobacco products scientific advisory committee.

The FDA has requested public comments on dissolvable tobacco products at:
Public Dockets for Comment

I'll be sending some comments, and urge others to do so as well.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The correct docket number is

FDA–2010–N–0123

Copy the Docket ID # above (Highlight and press Control-C), then go to http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#home
and paste (Control-V) into the field "Enter Keyword or ID:" Then click the orange Search button.

There are 12 results currently (the FDA's document is -001 and the other 11 are comments.)

Last edited:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Elaine: My post still has not shown up, while I see two from you there. What should I do? I even posted my FDA post on this forum! This irks me no end. I spent a good deal of time on a reasoned presentation, and added an attachment to the response. What now?

P.S. Your responses were great, as always. I virtually guarantee you that NO ONE who responds has more personal experience with dissolvables than I do. And I make that perfectly clear.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Elaine: My post still has not shown up, while I see two from you there. What should I do? I even posted my FDA post on this forum! This irks me no end. I spent a good deal of time on a reasoned presentation, and added an attachment to the response. What now?

P.S. Your responses were great, as always. I virtually guarantee you that NO ONE who responds has more personal experience with dissolvables than I do. And I make that perfectly clear.

TB, the only way it will get on their web site is if you call them.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
Well there you have it, the official word that I've seem before but not documented in an FDA letter. Children have now officially been reclassified to 25 and under. That should raise the driving age to somewhere around 23 and the drinking age to 30.

I'm sorry, but that is utterly taking the urine. Have the FDA lost the plot completely, or are they so wrapped up in their own little tyrannical anti-world that they think they can run roughshot over the rules as they go?
I have a good idea. Someone aged 23, go rob a liquor store and plead that you are under the age of criminal responsibility when caught. After all, you are a 23yo minor, right?
I really think that govt should step in and regulate how these charlatans at the FDA do their business. They are acting like criminals with a badge, as I see it.

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
And, don't forget..."children" will now be able to be carried on their parents' insurance policies until age 26!

I so agree. I guess we are just never going to encourage people to "grow up." Based on how our politicians, news/media persons, and some governmental agency persons act nowadays I shouldn't be surprised - totally discouraged and outraged - but not surprised. :mad:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I so agree. I guess we are just never going to encourage people to "grow up." Based on how our politicians, news/media persons, and some governmental agency persons act nowadays I shouldn't be surprised - totally discouraged and outraged - but not surprised. :mad:

This might be the new strategy. If you can't ban tobacco entirely, just ban selling to minors and keep raising your definition of minor to anyone under 100. After all we are all someone's children and we are developing into a nanny state.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
This might be the new strategy. If you can't ban tobacco entirely, just ban selling to minors and keep raising your definition of minor to anyone under 100. After all we are all someone's children and we are developing into a nanny state.

We will all be the Government's children and they will make all the decisions for us. :mad:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Well there you have it, the official word that I've seem before but not documented in an FDA letter. Children have now officially been reclassified to 25 and under. That should raise the driving age to somewhere around 23 and the drinking age to 30.

I also find this an inappropriate requirement:

We look forward to your prompt response and to working with you and other stakeholders on issues regarding access to these products by adolescents and children, and risks associated with their accidental or improper use.

There is an implication that the product needs to be free of all risks of accidental or improper use. Does FDA impose this requirement on any other product it regulates?

Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

If you left a comment that is not being displayed:

Please contact the FDA Division of Dockets Management at 301-827-6860 to inquire about the status of your comment and let them know that you want yours to be published.

In the future, do not select "Individual Consumer" as the Submitter Category. We found out that FDA is "protecting our privacy" by not displaying these unless the commenter contacts them and asks to have it published. (What a waste of tax $$!). I am selecting "Consumer Group" from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread