Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yeah, it vapes, just no screen. Also, I know I didn’t put it in stealth mode so I’m stumped
Is it possible that the mod is also locked? Try holding both the + and - button for a few seconds to check. If it is locked then you should be able to change the stealth.

KC0YNU

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
McPherson, Kansas
I do not have a pico, but do have an al85 that did that to me,

I was sure I had not set stealth mode to on, initial attempt to switch stealth mode would not work

pulled the battery out let it sit for 5-10 minutes, replaced battery, then was able to switch from stealth on to stealth off.

Hope this will work for you @ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Is it possible that the mod is also locked? Try holding both the + and - button for a few seconds to check. If it is locked then you should be able to change the stealth.

But if it was locked it wouldn’t fire, correct?
Pressing down + fire button didn’t work. Neither did pressing both - and +
Do devices just sometimes do weird stuff like this sometimes?
Oh, and I took the battery out to charge and that didn’t work either

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Locking the mod just means that even IF you press any other buttons than the fire button, it won't make any changes to your settings.
Also be sure to view the screen to see any messages....ie. lock.....unlock

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Locking the mod just means that even IF you press any other buttons than the fire button, it won't make any changes to your settings.

I didn’t know that, I thought locking it was so the device didn’t inadvertently fire in a purse or pocket. You learn something new every day! [emoji4]

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I didn’t know that, I thought locking it was so the device didn’t inadvertently fire in a purse or pocket. You learn something new every day! [emoji4]
Nope....the only way to ensure the mod will not fire while in pocket or purse is to turn it off by clicking the fire button 5 times rapidly.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Nope....the only way to ensure the mod will not fire while in pocket or purse is to turn it off by clicking the fire button 5 times rapidly.

I just had a “duh” moment. Of course turning off and locking aren’t the same! I guess I wouldn’t be me without the occasional boneheaded vaping question!
(Still in stealth though)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
But if it was locked it wouldn’t fire, correct?
Pressing down + fire button didn’t work. Neither did pressing both - and +
Do devices just sometimes do weird stuff like this sometimes?
Oh, and I took the battery out to charge and that didn’t work either
It is possible that the screen is just wearing out. I have one that sometimes shows the screens top half. Taking the battery out does help mine although I don't know how long that will last.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
It is possible that the screen is just wearing out. I have one that sometimes shows the screens top half. Taking the battery out does help mine although I don't know how long that will last.
This thing isn't even a year old. Is it common for screens to crap out?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
slots are totally different. One has tiny little ones....the other is half the atomizer.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
slots are totally different. One has tiny little ones....the other is half the atomizer.

Do you think one is better than the other? I noticed the slots but really didn’t know what that meant
ETA: I’m super proud of myself. I just successfully rebuilt an iCare mini coil!!!!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Does anyone remember where they sell replacements glass for this STM clone? I broke the one I have and cannot remember where I got it
ETA with FT listing $7.09 SUBTANK Mini Styled OCC Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.5ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
43f3db957edc42193524f4c47742f177.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread