Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Oh, and apparently it didn’t matter that I vape nic (and don’t smoke). Nic in ANY form inhibits bone fusion. It’s pretty much the only thing you’re supposed to avoid post surgery (except for lifting and bending, of course). Every website I looked at trying to see if there were any studies with contrary findings (couldn’t find any), all said to avoid nic.

I’m sure that many of you are thinking why didn’t she just quit? Many family and friends have asked me that and given me their (unsolicited) opinion that they can’t believe I was still vaping). Well, in my defense, there was no time to get nicotine out of my system before surgery (and as previously mentioned, nic has been in my system for around 30 years, except for 2 times when I tried to quit smoking. I have absolutely NO plans to ever quit vaping!)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Oh, I actually have a couple of questions: does anyone know where to buy the tiny o-ring that goes around the pin for the Siren v2? Mine broke and there’s no rubber o-rings that size included.
Also, where can I get this red subtank o-ring?
Thanks guys!
8fcdab3ad620f94e286c3f8556a8a6ac.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Oh, I actually have a couple of questions: does anyone know where to buy the tiny o-ring that goes around the pin for the Siren v2? Mine broke and there’s no rubber o-rings that size included.
Also, where can I get this red subtank o-ring?
Thanks guys!
8fcdab3ad620f94e286c3f8556a8a6ac.jpg
I was going to ask you how your kitty is but I see him in the photo keeping you company as always.:)

And what, no long painted nails?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I was going to ask you how your kitty is but I see him in the photo keeping you company as always.:)

And what, no long painted nails?

I know, I ruined my nails peeling off gel polish. And now I seem to have picked up my old awful habit of biting my nails. I just had a thought, I don’t think it’s just coincidence that I started that up again when I went down SO much on my nicotine level. I constantly feel cravings and unsatisfied with the 3 mgs
I have my appointment on Monday with neurosurgeon. Hopefully today’s X-ray shows I’ve fully healed/fused. Then I can go back up to a more reasonable nic level. I doubt I will go all the way back up to 15 mg because now I vape at a much higher level. But 3 mg just isn’t cutting it right now!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Makes me wonder if there’s a standard o-ring size for the center pin...? Maybe that’s why some of my tanks are leaking...
Hello Chels,

So good to hear from you..... glad you are on the mend. My sirens are doing the same thing. Have been on the lookout but nothing yet that I have found.

I have read that is a wicking problem, so I shortened the tails, testing that out now.
:)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
$0.80 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I bought some of those because they're the little o-ring that's also used on the threaded fill screw on the bottom of the KFL+ bases a bunch of us used to make the KFL+ "shorty" tanks. By the way, you don't get 10, nor 12, but instead...a bunch of them in each bag. I think someone just reaches into a pile, grabs a pinchful of them, and puts them in each bag!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Hello Chels,

So good to hear from you..... glad you are on the mend. My sirens are doing the same thing. Have been on the lookout but nothing yet that I have found.

I have read that is a wicking problem, so I shortened the tails, testing that out now.
:)

Thanks, it’s nice to be back. Let me know if you solve this (and I’ll do the same)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
From Mooch

(In part):
Bench Test Results: Ultrafire 1200mAh Button Top 18350...2A rated, 700mAh, DO NOT BUY

Bottom Line: Why test 18350’s? I get a lot of requests for this as many vapers still use them.

Why test a cell from a company with such a terrible reputation? We always have new vapers joining our community and they might not know about the reputations that UltraFire and TrustFire have.

This UltraFire is a useless cell.

Its voltage immediately collapsed at only 5A and the two cells I tested only delivered 728mAh and 750mAh for a 240mAh (0.2C) discharge down to 2.5V. Its internal resistance is astoundingly high, causing huge amounts of voltage sag.

I am estimating this cell’s ratings at 2A and 700mAh. Current ratings for high internal resistance batteries like these are a combination of the temperature the battery runs at and how badly the voltage sags, i.e., its Wh specs.

Two cells were purchased for the purposes of testing by me.
IMG_4151.jpg

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Finally a manufacturer that listens. Looks like a great battery. Why should I care if a battery is rated at 100 amps. I only vape at 1.8 amps. I have paying for things that I will never use. Amp rating is one of them. Somebody give me a link for these. I will pay ten cents for twelve to my door.

Any before somebody gets their knickers in a twist I wouldn't even think of using them.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Man, I'm really curious about that setup, and I would try one....

Only it's a joytech product so that would mean I would try it, for two days, and then bust it. So, while the idea of some ordinary old batteries is interesting, it is not FEASABLE for me to try it, etc.

Glad you are liking it however. I've yeah, given up with them. It's really frustrating to find a manufacturer whose products you both love and find hopelessly fragile and whatnot, but I do think it's a cool idea.

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
OK Tootlers...another seller on eBay has started selling off some of his collection of ProVaris. (Who knows? He may even be an ECF member! IDK) Some are used, some are nearly new, and some are brand new. So far he's listed 8 of them - several 2.5 Minis, a couple full size 2.5, and a P3. Some are pretty desirable colors and/or finishes, too. (As of very early yesterday AM and late last night, there's 2 less listed though. :D They've even already been shipped!)
As of just a few minutes ago...another ECF member snagged one, too, as well as a matching extension cap listed by the seller below.

You can bid or you can Make an Offer on some of the ProVaris, and see if it'll be accepted. There are luckily even some of the extended end caps to match some of them...already listed on there by the seller provape_parts, too.

Here's a link to the seller's listings with the ProVaris:

ctwatchman777 | eBay

Here's a link to provape_parts listings, too, for not only extension end caps, but other end caps, extension tubes, replacement springs, etc. He's steadily selling out of things though! He used to have 43 listings, and he's down to just 18 now. So if there are things you want...you might want to grab them.

provape_parts | eBay

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread