Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
OK Tootlers...another seller on eBay has started selling off some of his collection of ProVaris. (Who knows? He may even be an ECF member! IDK) Some are used, some are nearly new, and some are brand new. So far he's listed 8 of them - several 2.5 Minis, a couple full size 2.5, and a P3. Some are pretty desirable colors and/or finishes, too. (As of very early yesterday AM and late last night, there's 2 less listed though. :D They've even already been shipped!)
As of just a few minutes ago...another ECF member snagged one, too, as well as a matching extension cap listed by the seller below.

You can bid or you can Make an Offer on some of the ProVaris, and see if it'll be accepted. There are luckily even some of the extended end caps to match some of them...already listed on there by the seller provape_parts, too.

Here's a link to the seller's listings with the ProVaris:

ctwatchman777 | eBay

Here's a link to provape_parts listings, too, for not only extension end caps, but other end caps, extension tubes, replacement springs, etc. He's steadily selling out of things though! He used to have 43 listings, and he's down to just 18 now. So if there are things you want...you might want to grab them.

provape_parts | eBay

Always wanted a provari. We're saving up for a week in Disney this fall. Too bad my wife would kill me if I got one...especially after I told her she couldn't get a new purse at the outlet malls today. Although her purse was A LOT more that glovari.... Lol.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
OK Tootlers...another seller on eBay has started selling off some of his collection of ProVaris. (Who knows? He may even be an ECF member! IDK) Some are used, some are nearly new, and some are brand new. So far he's listed 8 of them - several 2.5 Minis, a couple full size 2.5, and a P3. Some are pretty desirable colors and/or finishes, too. (As of very early yesterday AM and late last night, there's 2 less listed though. :D They've even already been shipped!)
As of just a few minutes ago...another ECF member snagged one, too, as well as a matching extension cap listed by the seller below.

You can bid or you can Make an Offer on some of the ProVaris, and see if it'll be accepted. There are luckily even some of the extended end caps to match some of them...already listed on there by the seller provape_parts, too.

Here's a link to the seller's listings with the ProVaris:

ctwatchman777 | eBay

Here's a link to provape_parts listings, too, for not only extension end caps, but other end caps, extension tubes, replacement springs, etc. He's steadily selling out of things though! He used to have 43 listings, and he's down to just 18 now. So if there are things you want...you might want to grab them.

provape_parts | eBay

You're killing me JC, I've been drooling over the picture of that goldie for an hour. I always wanted one of those. Just too much money though, guessing it won't go cheap. I've got plenty of silver 2.5's, mostly in boxes under the bad. I have a really nice blue one, I believe it was the last colored 2.5 sold by Provape during the sale. Took it to work one time and got a couple of scratches, now it never leaves my office. If I got a goldie it would probably live in a cotton wool lined box and come out once a year on my birthday

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
You're killing me JC, I've been drooling over the picture of that goldie for an hour. I always wanted one of those. Just too much money though, guessing it won't go cheap. I've got plenty of silver 2.5's, mostly in boxes under the bad. I have a really nice blue one, I believe it was the last colored 2.5 sold by Provape during the sale. Took it to work one time and got a couple of scratches, now it never leaves my office. If I got a goldie it would probably live in a cotton wool lined box and come out once a year on my birthday
That's how I feel about my Ti. Always wanted one…the only one I didn't have that I wanted. I never…ever… take it outside. I take it out every month for a couple of days. :):):)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You're killing me JC, I've been drooling over the picture of that goldie for an hour. I always wanted one of those. Just too much money though, guessing it won't go cheap.

You can make him an offer, you know! There are no bids for it yet, so that option is still available. He accepted both offers I made him on the ones I got. One was higher than his starting bid price, and 1 was lower than it was. He also accepted an offer from another ECF member earlier today. You could offer him his $110 starting bid price, and possibly get it for that price. If someone just places a bid for the $110 starting bid...the auction goes on, and that person could be outbid. You never know, but I'd bet he'll take the $110 Best Offer! :)

Maybe it could be an early or late birthday present to yourself? Or a very early Christmas one from you...to you? Or...a 4 year ECF anniversary gift to yourself? You only live once, and you probably spent that much on smokes per month before! I also think of my herd of ProVaris as a great investment, like yours are. It's free S/H, too! I say Go For It! Need any more convincing or enabling? :D

I've got plenty of silver 2.5's, mostly in boxes under the bad. I have a really nice blue one, I believe it was the last colored 2.5 sold by Provape during the sale.

You know...you could put 1 of those duplicate silver 2.5 on the Classies, to recoup a decent part of the money for the Gold Zenkote! :D

If that blue one is the Lagoon Blue...I got one of those, too, before they closed. It's truly gorgeous and is 1 of my favorite colors.

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
You can make him an offer, you know! There are no bids for it yet, so that option is still available. He accepted both offers I made him on the ones I got. One was higher than his starting bid price, and 1 was lower than it was. He also accepted an offer from another ECF member earlier today. You could offer him his $110 starting bid price, and possibly get it for that price. If someone just places a bid for the $110 starting bid...the auction goes on, and that person could be outbid. You never know, but I'd bet he'll take the $110 Best Offer! :)

Maybe it could be an early or late birthday present to yourself? Or a very early Christmas one from you...to you? Or...a 4 year ECF anniversary gift to yourself? You only live once, and you probably spent that much on smokes per month before! I also think of my herd of ProVaris as a great investment, like yours are. It's free S/H, too! I say Go For It! Need any more convincing or enabling? :D

You know...you could put 1 of those duplicate silver 2.5 on the Classies, to recoup a decent part of the money for the Gold Zenkote! :D

If that blue one is the Lagoon Blue...I got one of those, too, before they closed. It's truly gorgeous and is 1 of my favorite colors.
You are a master at enabling :wub:. But @englishmick She's totally right. I would have said exactly the same things. In the grand scheme of things, if he accepts it, $110 is not a ton of money, think smokes, dinner and drinks out, etc.

I know one vaper who justified getting her favorite mod by simply not buying junk food (chips and soft drinks) for the length of time it took to save the money she spent to buy the mod on ebay. Actually she got a bonus. By not consuming all those empty calories she also lost those few pounds she wanted to lose :banana:

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Man, I'm really curious about that setup, and I would try one....

Only it's a joytech product so that would mean I would try it, for two days, and then bust it. So, while the idea of some ordinary old batteries is interesting, it is not FEASABLE for me to try it, etc.

Glad you are liking it however. I've yeah, given up with them. It's really frustrating to find a manufacturer whose products you both love and find hopelessly fragile and whatnot, but I do think it's a cool idea.

Anna

If it makes any difference, I was surprised that the build quality of the device itself was higher than I thought it would be for 20 bucks. The tank is a little iffy, it feels delicate and fragile to me. You have to be careful with it because it's only held on by the top cap and some o-rings. Very easy to knock off center as it's small. About as big around as my pinky finger, and shorter than the last segment of my pinky finger.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The tank is a little iffy, it feels delicate and fragile to me.

Uh, I destroy Ego One Mega tanks by looking at them, that description sounds like I'd be better off using that 20 bucks somewhere else. "Held on by O rings and voodoo magic doesn't work for me, unfortunately."

Voodoo magic for drops is more like what I'm sacrificing creatures in the yard for frankly. LOL.

Me and Joytech, it's like an ugly divorce where you have 17 kids and you keep emailing them "I need more money for my BABIES, and why are you smacking them around while I'm asleep and also telling them they can't trust me and should just go ahead and die."

LOL.

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I have to say you're pretty good at this JC. Relentless as an Olympic enabling champion or something. I fought it as long as I could but you got me in the end. It was the 4 year anniversary thing that pushed me over the edge. Just sent the money off.

I do appreciate it. I would probably have stared at the picture for a week until it was too late and then spent years regretting it.

cheers

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I fought it as long as I could but you got me in the end. It was the 4 year anniversary thing that pushed me over the edge. Just sent the money off.

I'm so happy for you! IMO, everyone deserves to have "that one special thing" that just makes them smile. I hope you'll enjoy it for many years to come! Seems this one...was just meant to be yours. :banana:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, I believe I have mentioned this about @JCinFLA , she is the best type of enabler, she does it with Surgical Precision and you NEVER have buyers remorse afterwards. LOL it's like she has this infrared sensor to SNIFF out what you not only feel you don't quite think you DESERVE, but also actually don't sort of think you really NEED.

But you do. And she knows it, and she can somehow tell what twisted up part of your brain, like, you've been telling yourself "No, I may not HAVE this thing. LOL.

I have never been steered wrong by one of her "hypnotic suggestions." So happy for your new and well earned addition to the family! Sweet!

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@stols001 - I smiled the whole time I read your post. I wanted to give it a "Love" and a "Funny"...so I had a hard time choosing which 1 to use. It's a post that I'm going to save to a file on my laptop, too. It'll give several others, that I consider to be "priceless" ones, posted by members...some company!

Thanks for giving me several giggles for the day! :D

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
You can make him an offer, you know! There are no bids for it yet,

Hey JC...I've purchased 10's (100's?) of items on Ebay...but have never had to bid/offer...

What's the difference between a "Bid" and an "Offer"?

And...what's a "Best Offer"?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hey JC...I've purchased 10's (100's?) of items on Ebay...but have never had to bid/offer...

What's the difference between a "Bid" and an "Offer"?

And...what's a "Best Offer"?

I've seen it before on eBay, but very rarely. Been a member since IIRC 1999 and was a seller on there, too, until 2010. Since then I've just been buying. Can probably count on both hands the number of times I've seen listings like that...but I liked it when this seller listed his PV like that!

The way this seller set his up, a potential buyer has a few different ways to hopefully purchase the item.

1) Place a bid as usual, at the Starting Bid Price shown, or higher. That would eliminate the Best Offer option from showing up any more, since a bid has been placed. From there...it progresses like any other regular auction, ie. wait it out and see if you win it at your bid price, and/or continue to raise your bid as others bid against you.

2) Do not bid when you see "Best Offer" underneath the starting bid price shown for an item, on the pages of all the items. Instead, go to that item's listing page..and use the "Make An Offer" to the seller option, found at the top of the page...where it shows the seller's name, feedback, quantity, etc.. You could offer less than the Starting Bid Price, the exact Starting Bid Price, or higher than the Starting Bid Price. The seller then can decide to 1) accept your offer, 2) counter your offer with a higher one he/she would take, or 3) just refuse your offer altogether. If a seller is insulted by your offer because he/she thinks it's ridiculously low...they'll usually choose option 3 as a response to your offer.

If you want the item with less chance of having the seller counter your offer, or just refusing it from the get-go...placing a reasonable and fair offer is usually the best to do. You also need to remember that while you're going back and forth making offers and waiting to see if the seller will accept it, counter it, or refuse it...that someone else can place a Starting Bid while you're doing that...and that'll lock anyone out of Making an Offer then.

Hopefully that's not all as clear as mud. :)

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've seen it before on eBay, but very rarely. Been a member since IIRC 1999 and was a seller on there, too, until 2010. Since then I've just been buying. Can probably count on both hands the number of times I've seen listings like that...but I liked it when this seller listed his PV like that!

The way this seller set his up, a potential buyer has a few different ways to hopefully purchase the item.

1) Place a bid as usual, at the Starting Bid Price shown, or higher. That would eliminate the Best Offer option from showing up any more, since a bid has been placed. From there...it progresses like any other regular auction, ie. wait it out and see if you win it at your bid price, and/or continue to raise your bid as others bid against you.

2) Do not bid when you see "Best Offer" underneath the starting bid price shown for an item, on the pages of all the items. Instead, go to that item's listing page..and use the "Make An Offer" to the seller option, found at the top of the page...where it shows the seller's name, feedback, quantity, etc.. You could offer less than the Starting Bid Price, the exact Starting Bid Price, or higher than the Starting Bid Price. The seller then can decide to 1) accept your offer, 2) counter your offer with a higher one he/she would take, or 3) just refuse your offer altogether. If a seller is insulted by your offer because he/she thinks it's ridiculously low...they'll usually choose option 3 as a response to your offer.

If you want the item with less chance of having the seller counter your offer, or just refusing it from the get-go...placing a reasonable and fair offer is usually the best to do. You also need to remember that while you're going back and forth making offers and waiting to see if the seller will accept it, counter it, or refuse it...that someone else can place a Starting Bid while you're doing that...and that'll lock anyone out of Making an Offer then.

Hopefully that's not all as clear as mud. :)

I had never seen Best Offer before. I like it actually. Guess it's good for the seller. They can accept a decent offer rather than waiting days for an auction that might fizzle.

Used to do a lot on Ebay, made a living for a while buying and selling computer parts. I mostly quit using it when Bidding Bots came on the scene. Before that you could put in a low bid and follow it up until you reached your limit. With Bots all the bidding happened out of sight in the last few seconds. Plus it was really annoying.

Nowadays I go to Ebay auctions for the occasional oldie LP, where there's not much competition. Or stick to fixed price sales. But this time it worked out for me and I got a nice mod I thought I would never have.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I had never seen Best Offer before. I like it actually. Guess it's good for the seller. They can accept a decent offer rather than waiting days for an auction that might fizzle.

Most of the time when I see the Best Offer option in a listing for an item on eBay...it's when there's a Buy It Now price shown, but no bidding on it. The "or Best Offer" wording will be underneath the BIN $...in smaller print.

This seller's listings are probably the first ones I've seen with a Starting Bid and a Best Offer option, in about 2 years or so. But I'm not on eBay nearly as much as I used to be, so there may actually be some more often.

I agree about it being good from a seller's POV, for the reason you gave. It's a perfect example of the old "a bird in the hand...." saying. I personally really liked it from my POV as a buyer, too! :)

I mostly quit using it when Bidding Bots came on the scene.

Oh yes...I'm familiar with the sniping tools people use! I've never used them myself. I actually enjoyed getting in there in the last 3-4 seconds and physically sniping an auction myself! I was usually successful, too...even though I was on Dial-up internet then, which made it even more satisfying to me, when I beat someone who'd counted on the tool to win it for them. :D

But this time it worked out for me and I got a nice mod I thought I would never have.

Brings to mind another old saying..."Good things come to those who wait." :thumbs:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
J-Easy9

Looks like it might be a decent VV3 replacement.

Interesting...corn...but I think that it may be more of a Goby competitor...(although, of course, both would make a decent VV3 replacement)...

J-Easy9 Kit...weight 100gm...$24.39...
Tank...1.9ml...16mm X 60mm...Bottom-Fill...
Mod...900mAh...21.5mm X 16mm X 73mm...VV...3.4V-4.8V...8 levels...

Buy Authentic Justfog Q16 900mAh Silver 2ml 1.6ohm Starter Kit

Goby (Kit)...weight 60gm...$22.28...
Tank...2.0ml...16mm X 57mm...Top-Fill...
Mod...1000mAh...23.2mm X 16.5mm X 75mm...VW...10W-13.5W...5 levels...

Innokin JEM/Goby Starter Kit - 2ml & 1000mAh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread