Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@Mooch is askng your opinion. This was posted on his FB page:

"When do you buy new batteries (and recycle the old ones)?
Assume PERFECT physical condition for each. When would you replace them if still in perfect physical shape and never dropped?

On a set schedule?
When they run for a shorter amount of time or start giving you too many low/weak battery alerts?
When they don’t hit as hard?
When they start running warmer?
Only when they completely fail?

This is research for a video but we cannot say “replace now” for any particular loss of just performance unless something is obviously wrong or dangerous. Manufacturers say end of life is at 20%-40% capacity loss, depending on the company/battery. No other guidance is really available as every battery and degree of internal damage is different. Physical damage is ALWAYS a big reason to immediately replace them though!

Thanks!"

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana

Assume PERFECT physical condition for each. When would you replace them if still in perfect physical shape and never dropped?

On a set schedule?
When they run for a shorter amount of time or start giving you too many low/weak battery alerts?

This is research for a video but we cannot say “replace now” for any particular loss of just performance unless something is obviously wrong or dangerous. Manufacturers say end of life is at 20%-40% capacity loss, depending on the company/battery. No other guidance is really available as every battery and degree of internal damage is different. Physical damage is ALWAYS a big reason to immediately replace them though!

Thanks!"

I use single cell devices (mostly). I buy new ones when they have a "noticeable" drop in performance. IE 2 batteries won't last me all day. I buy 4 at a time and rotate them pretty evenly.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

On a set schedule?

Thanks!"

Posted in the Batteries section here on ECF too. :)

When do you buy new batteries?

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    After three years, battery gets replaced. Sooner, if they show an increase of internal resistance, so there is an excessive voltage sag in use.
    I don't get even close to cycle life limits, I mean I replace batteries mostly out of calendar aging, not because I used them too much.
    This is because I use a rotation of devices in excess of a dozen of mods in active use (which is a lot of batteries!).

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    A few weeks ago I was in a new (to me) vape shop on the other side of town,while nosing around I saw that they had an Hcigar version of the Kayfun V4 in the display case,sooo I snatched it up ($30.Canadian).

After agood cleaning and figuring out how to put it all back together again I rolled a 2.1 ohm kanthal coil and gave it a whirl @ 6.6 watts....Not Bad! It's no Berserker for a really good tight MTL vape but it vapes fairly well.I've tried turning the air down to get a Berserker type vape but it gurgles too much.

So,for when I wanna MTL vape with a bit more punch this Hcigar Kayfun will do the trick.

Happy Tootle Puffin' fellow vapers!!!:)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    7JONjs7.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    If anyone's been thinking about getting a mod or anything from JAC Vapour....they're having a 10% off sitewide sale until midnight tonight. Use the code LATENIGHT10 at Checkout. Additional terms say "Not to be used with any other offer. Valid on full price items only."

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Hey @Bea-FL ! Did you ever get any confirmation from that contest we won? I sent my info in a PM and never got anything back. Lol
    that's strange. I too sent my info in a PM and got a response back two days later. In fact my prize had shipped that day and they gave me a tracking number. The mod is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    that's strange. I too sent my info in a PM and got a response back two days later. In fact my prize had shipped that day and they gave me a tracking number. The mod is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Well boo. I feel weird PMing again asking for it lol

I did anyways

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    IMG_4914.JPG
    IMG_4915.JPG
    @VOOPOO_Thea my cute little Voopoo Fish arrived today. Very cute. Great for stealth. Love the "feel" in my hand as well as the colors and pattern!

The top has a nice strong magnet and stays in place securely. The little gasket for filling is just that…little…but of course it couldn't be any bigger on such a small device. I worry about it continuing to snap shut securely after being opened and closed many times but we'll see how that goes. The built-in 1.6 Ω resistance is about what I currently use so that works for me.

With the battery only being 350 mAh it won't run for many hours but I vape 2-3 mls daily so this device's power and its 1.7ml tank will do nicely for a part of a day when I am somewhere where I can only stealth vape.

The Fish vapes very well and I get my full flavor from it.

I have two questions.
    IMG_4913.JPG

The circled part on the enclosed instructions seem to indicate there is a way to turn it off or lck it but I cannot see any way to do either.

My second question has to do with coils. I assume new pods with coils will be for sale through the website but I don't see that or the pod replacement price offered at this time.

Thanks again. It's a fun toy :)

Users who are viewing this thread