Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
1) Prolly 2) 3.62V, is this weird? 3) Not to my knowledge.
Here's Milspec's website (in case you didn't know...)
Milspec Industry

thanks. and kind of...most regulated mods cut off at 3.2ish. with a 18350 battery, that's A LOT of "mah" being wasted (imo)

you want lots of pics?

and yes! I'll dig out my Mr. Q and we can compare. get all four sides and the inside were the battery goes.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
That last part doesn't make sense to me. If you are keeping an atomizer at a certain temp doesn't higher Wattage just mean that the atomizer is going to get there more quickly? I can see very large differences in Wattage applied causing noticeable changes in battery consumption because you are still applying power until the atomizer gets up to temp, but it seems like the different durations involved with varying power would even that out. I like the look of the Elitar, BTW, it looks retrofuturistic.
Applying 20 watts to a mammoth set of ss316l alien claptons will likely not get them hot enough before you run out of breath on the inhale. Applying the same 20 watts to a 32 gauge round wire build will get you there, though. Conversely, applying 100 watts to that 32 AWG build will lead to immediate Temp Protect notices, and likely a popped coil, but the alien build is purring along fine.

Does that make more sense?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
Applying 20 watts to a mammoth set of ss316l alien claptons will likely not get them hot enough before you run out of breath on the inhale. Applying the same 20 watts to a 32 gauge round wire build will get you there, though. Conversely, applying 100 watts to that 32 AWG build will lead to immediate Temp Protect notices, and likely a popped coil, but the alien build is purring along fine.

Does that make more sense?

OK, I get you. I'm using atomizers from a vendor. Simple wire at 0.20 Ohms sitting in a tank.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
@lil_buddy here ya go. sorry, I don't have a better camera and my photography skills are lacking. lol
f9aefd86d4f08b8b8c7095e34d01905b.jpg
0f42726c90ee726141e0fe34f7995fcc.jpg
3f78b7c538cbe5e1e47c1e8c5edc065a.jpg
9a71610da48a907328242754f3a48d40.jpg

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@Shawn Hoefer, totally off topic, and you may have covered it but I'm over 1000 posts behind again, how's your mom?
It IS thyroid cancer. They have scheduled surgery for August. Not worried, though, as they tell me this type of cancer is VERY common, easy to treat, and has very few complications. While waiting for the surgery, she located a new house closer to my sister, at a lower altitude, and in a more temperate climate... made an offer, got accepted, and is getting ready to move. I approve! 'Course, I offered to move her out here... even lower altitude and milder winters, but she's close to my sister, so...

Thanks for asking...

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
healthcabin has it for $34.99-20%(code: hc0704) - 10%(1st time order)
I just got an email about that exact item today, coincidentally. I'd get just the mod part as the tank takes cubis coils which are pure evil, imo

You will get a better deal if you can work it through healthcabin. Mod is 35 - 20% off for the independance day code and if you sign up you get an automatic additional 10% off . Its free shipping if your total adds up to $30 so add some coils or extra to make up the difference

Joyetech Elitar Pipe 75W TC Simple Kit

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. I got the pipe I wanted and a 10 pack of NautX drip tips shipped to me for a grand total of $22.68 USD.

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
It IS thyroid cancer. They have scheduled surgery for August. Not worried, though, as they tell me this type of cancer is VERY common, easy to treat, and has very few complications. While waiting for the surgery, she located a new house closer to my sister, at a lower altitude, and in a more temperate climate... made an offer, got accepted, and is getting ready to move. I approve! 'Course, I offered to move her out here... even lower altitude and milder winters, but she's close to my sister, so...

Thanks for asking...

I'm glad that she is getting settled. Please keep us updated.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
@petrotech if u have requests for more just ask. I have a digital caliper at home.

Attachments

• IMG_3715.JPG
    IMG_3715.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3716.JPG
    IMG_3716.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3718.JPG
    IMG_3718.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3719.JPG
    IMG_3719.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3720.JPG
    IMG_3720.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 27

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
thanks!!! they look the same to me. @Shawn Hoefer you have a lot more stuff than me...whats your professional opinion? lol
Hmmm... they DO look identical. In my experience, SMY mods aren't worth squat, and Aspire mods are generally pretty solid I can't imagine Aspire marketing an SMY Mod (it did come out first) as ine of their own unless SMY made some phenomenal inprovements...

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hmmm... they DO look identical. In my experience, SMY mods aren't worth squat, and Aspire mods are generally pretty solid I can't imagine Aspire marketing an SMY Mod (it did come out first) as ine of their own unless SMY made some phenomenal inprovements...

I think they are the same. It may suck but at least it isn't spitting all over the place in TC like my kBox 75w. Since that's the only other mod I have, the milspec/amy is pretty nifty.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I don't normally apologise to people, I have aspergers syndrome so I'm a bit numb to emotions but I felt really bad & don't wanna fall out with anyone in my favourite thread :)
My sister has Aspergers. Well aware of what that is like.

She can do Calculus, Numerical Analysis, abd other complex math in her head, has two Masters degrees but cant carry on a normal conversation.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have this one because... I wanted something that looks like a pipe (I have real pipes and had PAD back in the day), VV/VW and it was on sale in our very own classies. I don't mind the internal battery because I use it very sparingly and more for fun than out and about, etc.

IMG_20170530_184115.jpg

Also have the Smok Pioneer, which is a mech 18350:

IMG_20170204_153557.jpg

Now, if you really want to throw down some cash on some works of art:
ePipe Archives - Limelight Mechanics
Gallery
And the Shawn mentioned e-pipes.

Freight Train is going out of biz but great company, get 'em while you can if so inclined.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Ah, OK. Thanks. I'm wary of FastTech. I've heard a lot of bad stories about fakes and the only time I ever used them it took almost two months to get my order. I didn't realize that I would have to wait so long and I ended up buying something else before it was delivered. That was a long time ago though.
You need another opinion of FT.

I WOULD JUST AS SOON DEAL WITH THEM AS AMAZON OR ANYONE ELSE AND MUCH RATHER DEAL WITH THEM THAN EBAY

Users who are viewing this thread