Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I look forward to seeing how it fairs for you. Post some pix when you're ready. And ask away with any questions. We're happy to help:)

I'm looking forward to seeing how it fairs for me too:shock:

I have a good electronics background so hopefully I'll be right:thumbs:
    No doubt a little bit of help will be needed though.
    Have to wait for fasttech to deliver before I get started, hopefully soon:D

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Intake is mean only for restrictive MTL vaping, even with its AFC fully open, you can't use it for DL nor big airflow vaping. Have you tried GeekVape Ammit MTL? It is similar to Intake, who knows, you might like it more than Intake... Btw, installing a coil by the Intake's clamp like posts is not easy, at least not for beginners. That kind of posts:
    View attachment 816347
    seems to suit an octopus rather than human (with only 2 limited hands)

OBS Engine Nano can have real big airflow if you open the AFC fully, but its airflow coverage and its deck design (posts and juice holes positions) are mean for 3mm or smaller coil.

Original Zeus can be used for both MTL or DL with great flavor.
    I would not, in any way shape or form; recommend the Intake as a MTL device. It's very much a restrictive DL tank.

The same applies to the OG Zeus... direct lung only.

There's a lot more to decent MTL than cutting air down at the intake. It's gotta be restricted at the coil, too.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Thanks for the link, unfortunately, I don't use double coils... sigh!

Is there a single coil RBA section?
    I haven't used RBA decks in quite some time but I know that Smok has more RBAs than a car has liver pills. Maybe @Shawn Hoefer has an answer for you?

ETA: I see he already has.

Reactions: Letitia

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I'm looking forward to seeing how it fairs for me too:shock:

I have a good electronics background so hopefully I'll be right:thumbs:
    No doubt a little bit of help will be needed though.
    Have to wait for Fasttech to deliver before I get started, hopefully soon:D
    An electronics background will serve you well as a vaper. Which one did you settle on?

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Nothing has ever been settled on, only a few courses to my name.
    It's always been a strong hobby.
    I'm sorry. I meant which RTA did you order? Basic understanding of electronics is all you'll need. Unless, of course, you end up designing your own board:p

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I would not, in any way shape or form; recommend the Intake as a MTL device. It's very much a restrictive DL tank.

The same applies to the OG Zeus... direct lung only.

There's a lot more to decent MTL than cutting air down at the intake. It's gotta be restricted at the coil, too.

HA!HA!

It always sound like religious believe than a convincing logic, what is so good in limiting airflow blowing the coil?... when what you want is just a MTL. Seriously, how can limited airflow to the coil gives a better MTL?

To me, limiting airflow to the coil can only be BAD be it for MTL, DL, restrictive nor non-restrictive vaping.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Maybe an engineer with training in air velocity can explain better than I but from personal experience I can attest to the fact that a designated RTA for MTL performs better than an RTA with just the AF closed down and vice versa. Opening up the AF on a MTL doesn't turn it into a lung hitter.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I'm sorry. I meant which RTA did you order? Basic understanding of electronics is all you'll need. Unless, of course, you end up designing your own board:p

:confused::confused:LOL. I'm going with the OBS Engine.
    It sounds like I'll get through quick with a name like that, turn the key and off she goes:banana:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    Maybe an engineer with training in air velocity can explain better than I but from personal experience I can attest to the fact that a designated RTA for MTL performs better than an RTA with just the AF closed down and vice versa. Opening up the AF on a MTL doesn't turn it into a lung hitter.

There are 2 big threads in this forum, one is for the Augvape Merlin RTA and the other one for the original Zeus.

Augvape Merlin has 2 adapters to control the size of bottom airflow hole. Go there and you will find many MTL vapers do not even bother to use the adapters at all.

Go to the Zeus thread and listen to those who has great MTL, even restrictive MTL experience with single coil Zeus.

If Intake and Ammit MTL is not for MTL, I don't know what their purpose then... Man, restrictive DL... it is the most bs phase I have ever heard to describe the purpose of Intake... May be Mike has inhale deeply too often in his Youtube reviews...

Reactions: muth

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Intake is mean only for restrictive MTL vaping, even with its AFC fully open, you can't use it for DL nor big airflow vaping. Have you tried GeekVape Ammit MTL? It is similar to Intake, who knows, you might like it more than Intake... Btw, installing a coil by the Intake's clamp like posts is not easy, at least not for beginners. That kind of posts:
    View attachment 816347
    seems to suit an octopus rather than human (with only 2 limited hands)

OBS Engine Nano can have real big airflow if you open the AFC fully, but its airflow coverage and its deck design (posts and juice holes positions) are mean for 3mm or smaller coil.

Original Zeus can be used for both MTL or DL with great flavor.

I respectfully disagree. The Intake is a bit restrictive but is meant as a DTL RTA. It is as airy as my OBS Engine Nano, to the best of my memory. I haven't used that tank in quite some time. The trick is installing the coil at the right position and wicking it properly. I am getting enough AF that I have to close down the AFC about halfway. I also find it very, very easy to install the coil. Do you have one?

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    There are 2 big threads in this forum, one is for the Augvape Merlin RTA and the other one for the original Zeus.

Augvape Merlin has 2 adapters to control the size of bottom airflow hole. Go there and you will find many MTL vapers do not even bother to use the adapters at all.

Go to the Zeus thread and listen to those who has great MTL, even restrictive MTL experience with single coil Zeus.

If Intake and Ammit MTL is not for MTL, I don't know what their purpose then... Man, restrictive DL... it is the most bs phase I have ever heard to describe the purpose of Intake... May be Mike has inhale deeply too often in his Youtube reviews...
    I can only attest to the Augvape Merlin as I have worn mine out from constant use. I never even tried to use the AF adapters because I wasn't looking for a MTL RTA but it gives a great open hit with a big coil. I had a 4mm ID on there once. I don't take what all users say as the bible. I'm tired of hearing people complain that the KF5 is an awful MTL. Svoemesto never said it was a MTL RTA. They advertised it as DL/restricted lung. I guess the Kayfun name means MTL to all those who hear it but in this case it wasn't so.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I would like to add that, as a female, my lungs are 1/3 smaller, on average, than a male's. DL is a subjective experience for me. What I consider DL (for me) might be restricted to some. And your DL (for me) might be like sucking the stratosphere out of the sky:p

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I respectfully disagree. The Intake is a bit restrictive but is meant as a DTL RTA. It is as airy as my OBS Engine Nano, to the best of my memory. I haven't used that tank in quite some time. The trick is installing the coil at the right position and wicking it properly. I am getting enough AF that I have to close down the AFC about halfway. I also find it very, very easy to install the coil. Do you have one?

Yes, I do. (Don't you see my Intake deck photo)

DTL? Come on, you are making Mike very embarrassing, I can still recall how hard he try to perform a MTL vape with Intake in his Youtube review.

My immediately reflect to the term DL is big airflow, cloudy vape. Intake doen't allow that... so, claiming it to be a DL RTA is quite unfair.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    I remember my Engine Nano being quite airy. I never fully opened the AF.

• Agree

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    :confused::confused:LOL. I'm going with the OBS Engine.
    It sounds like I'll get through quick with a name like that, turn the key and off she goes:banana:
    Engine, not Engine Nano? Because the Nano is a single coil and might be easier for a first build. We're here if you need help. Watching build tutorials will help, as well. Especially for the wicking method. Lol, "turn the key":p

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I can only attest to the Augvape Merlin as I have worn mine out from constant use. I never even tried to use the AF adapters because I wasn't looking for a MTL RTA but it gives a great open hit with a big coil. I had a 4mm ID on there once. I don't take what all users say as the bible. I'm tired of hearing people complain that the KF5 is an awful MTL. Svoemesto never said it was a MTL RTA. They advertised it as DL/restricted lung. I guess the Kayfun name means MTL to all those who hear it but in this case it wasn't so.

Yes, user opinions might not be convincing enough, I can understand that.

How about an analog, what if someone tell you, applying a fix restrictive control to the fuel injection at the engine will give you a better slow drive experience than slowing your car down by releasing your foot a bit from the paddle? Will you take that?

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Yes, user opinions might not be convincing enough, I can understand that.

How about an analog, what if someone tell you, applying a fix restrictive control to the fuel injection at the engine will give you a better slow drive experience than slowing your car down by releasing your foot a bit from the paddle? Will you take that?
    :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread