Not open for further replies.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
We all have different tastes in tanks. I use dual coil, bottom AF, as a rule. I wanted a single coil for my Thor since it uses a single battery and I wanted top AF because the tanks sits in a little well that is for the beauty ring. I am very happy with the Intake on my Thor - so happy that I bought two in the Limited Edition Gold. It works well for me. I use dual coil, bottom AF RTAs on my Minikin V2s and enjoy the vape from both. On the Thor, I use Replay since it is a DNA 75c mod and love it. I don't like TC on my Minikins. Go figure. That is me and JMHO. If I am happy, that is what counts. We all have to figure out what makes us happy with a tank on a specific mod. Often that takes some trial and error. Color me happy. :)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Engine, not Engine Nano? Because the Nano is a single coil and might be easier for a first build. We're here if you need help. Watching build tutorials will help, as well. Especially for the wicking method. Lol, "turn the key":p

I settled on the Engine on Shawn's great advice, I might have a look at the Nano though on your Magnificent Input:D:D
    The easier the better to start with:)

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I settled on the Engine on Shawn's great advice, I might have a look at the Nano though on your Magnificent Input:D:D
    The easier the better to start with:)
    Engine Nanos are harder to find. The qp Juggerknot mini clone is a great easy to build/wick flavorful single coil rta.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Engine Nanos are harder to find. The qp Juggerknot mini clone is a great easy to build/wick flavorful single coil rta.

I'm finding it hard to find:grr:
    I've found 1 place in Australia that has the gold in stock. Only $10 more expensive than Fasttech. -$45 au.
    Is it much better and easier to build than the Engine? which I can get for $15 less.
    Now in in two minds:lol::lol:

Reactions: Letitia

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016

JuggerKnot Mini is very hard to refill. 9 out of 10 times I will end up bathing my tank with the eJuice.
    I have never been able to get rid of the air pocket in its bubble tank. Never even once, it is a torture to me, indeed...
    JuggerKnot Mini Bubble.jpg

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    JuggerKnot Mini is very hard to refill. 9 out of 10 times I will end up bathing my tank with the eJuice.
    I have never been able to get rid of the air pocket in its bubble tank. Never even once, it is a torture to me, indeed...
    View attachment 816361

Lucky I'm not looking at getting one:eek:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I've found 1 place in Australia that has the gold in stock. Only $10 more expensive than Fasttech. -$45 au.
    Is it much better and easier to build than the Engine? which I can get for $15 less.
    Nano is easier and I love mine, if you like the gold nano definitely worth a go imo.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    View attachment 816361
    I've found that if you get a different brand bubble glass it works better. The clone jk mini doesn't have this issue. These are the bubble glass that fits.
    $3.11 (Free Shipping) Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Augvape Merlin Mini RTA Atomizer (3-Pack) (Merlin Mini (27mm), Glass, Translucent, 3-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I've found that if you get a different brand bubble glass it works better. The clone jk mini doesn't have this issue. These are the bubble glass that fits.
    $3.11 (Free Shipping) Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for Augvape Merlin Mini RTA Atomizer (3-Pack) (Merlin Mini (27mm), Glass, Translucent, 3-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

I don't think the actual culprit is the bubble glass tube. Look: my Zeus, Serpent Elevate and Intake all use bubble glass. I can see air pockets too in the filling process but they quickly disappear when I fill to the top. It is rather simple to figure out the difference: they all have a pair of openings in their top fill mechanism. While you inject eJuice in one of them, the other opening serves as the escape door for the air inside.
    Top Refill 01.jpg

In fact the sliding top fill mechanism is causing the same problem in both Engine Nano and the JK Mini. You just can't fill them up quickly, particularly when you use thick eJuice.

For Engine Nano, it has no bubble glass so you won't see air pockets stick to the indenting part of the glass tube like the JK Mini. It has slimmer chimney compare to the JK Mini too, that makes the room behind its opening bigger than the JK Mini's, I think that is why, the top fill problem is not as bad as the JK Mini.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I don't think the actual culprit is the bubble glass tube. Look: my Zeus, Serpent Elevate and Intake all use bubble glass. I can see air pockets too in the filling process but they quickly disappear when I fill to the top. It is rather simple to figure out the difference: they all have a pair of openings in their top fill mechanism. While you inject eJuice in one of them, the other opening serves as the escape door for the air inside.
    View attachment 816523

In fact the sliding top fill mechanism is causing the same problem in both Engine Nano and the JK Mini. You just can't fill them up quickly, particularly when you use thick eJuice.

For Engine Nano, it has no bubble glass so you won't see air pockets stick to the indenting part of the glass tube like the JK Mini. It has slimmer chimney compare to the JK Mini too, that makes the room behind its opening bigger than the JK Mini's, I think that is why, the top fill problem is not as bad as the JK Mini.
    I disagree, it is the bubble glass. I never has as bad an issue filling as you seem to have but it took finding a trick or two. Since switching to the merlin bubble glass no tricks are needed. The authentic and clone are both trouble free now. As far as filling quickly the viscosity of the juice and size of needle tip will determine that speed. Personally I have no problems with side fill attys and actually prefer them. I've long since discovered most of my vaping issues that pop up are on me and that I need to change up how I'm approaching issue.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    I disagree, it is the bubble glass. I never has as bad an issue filling as you seem to have but it took finding a trick or two. Since switching to the merlin bubble glass no tricks are needed. The authentic and clone are both trouble free now. As far as filling quickly the viscosity of the juice and size of needle tip will determine that speed. Personally I have no problems with side fill attys and actually prefer them. I've long since discovered most of my vaping issues that pop up are on me and that I need to change up how I'm approaching issue.
    The only scenario I can imagine where the sliding mechanism will serve me better is: when I need to refill in the mid of parachuting.:pervy:

hiclass

ECF Veteran
    Aug 11, 2016
    @Letitia:
    1. In the Zeus, Serpent Elevate and Intake, when I close one of the opening with my thumb (see my previous photo), they are as hard to fill as the JK Mini (if not harder).
    => Secondary opening serves a great purpose.

2. If I replace the bubble glass with the straight glass tube in the JK Mini, even though I have no chance to see air pocket any more, but the problem of quick refill remains the same. (So, I don't need to try other brand of bubble glass.)
    => Bubble glass is not the cause, it simply presents the consequence more obviously.

3. If I try to refill with less thick eJuice, I can refill slightly faster.
    => But I don't want to give up my thick eJuice just to cope with the sliding mechanism problem.

What do you think about my approach?

I am curious, do you buy a tank to enjoy vaping or to challenge yourself in problem solving?

I would rather pay for a Degree in Aerodynamics course if I really want to challenge myself.

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I want good flavor and an easy build deck hiclass. As I mentioned I haven’t had those filling issues to the degree you seem to. My Nanos have not one time given me any grief filling and now neither do my minis. I would suggest maybe it's the bottles you use possibly. Either way no one is twisting your arm to use either rta. I didn’t get on well with the Zeus but I don't blame the Zeus. Still the smoothest af I've experienced.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Just got in a JuggerKnot Mini clone from Fasttetch yesterday. https://www.fasttech.com/product/9690901
    I too noticed I could not fully fill the bubble glass. Although today after leaving work, I noticed it was completely filled! Might be the temperature difference from inside to outside.. don't know.

But I am loving it!
    Where my Intake was too tight for DL no matter what I used (and it went too hot and nasty with any build I used...), this thing is running great for me! I already want another (dozen).

Still love my OBS Engine Nano's. Just can't get them now (with exceptions). I like the GreekVape Zeus, but they tend to taste off too quickly ( long wicks I think) and love my Kaees Solomon 2's they are a touch too airy (having to close the AFC to 1/2 to 2/3).

If only there were more good, lower priced single coil (not dual/single build) top air flow RTA's around!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Just got in a JuggerKnot Mini clone from Fasttetch yesterday. https://www.fasttech.com/product/9690901
    I too noticed I could not fully fill the bubble glass. Although today after leaving work, I noticed it was completely filled! Might be the temperature difference from inside to outside.. don't know.

But I am loving it!
    Where my Intake was too tight for DL no matter what I used (and it went too hot and nasty with any build I used...), this thing is running great for me! I already want another (dozen).

Still love my OBS Engine Nano's. Just can't get them now (with exceptions). I like the GreekVape Zeus, but they tend to taste off too quickly ( long wicks I think) and love my Kaees Solomon 2's they are a touch too airy (having to close the AFC to 1/2 to 2/3).

If only there were more good, lower priced single coil (not dual/single build) top air flow RTA's around!
    I'm definitely buying more of the jk mini clones. They will likely take over the daily rotation.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia

I see from your profile that you are in Australia, so that is probably your best bet for the gold Nano. Be aware that the gold is more of a copper than a true gold. I have two or three of them at home and a rainbow too. I am planning on putting them up for sale in the classifieds when I am back in Virginia. You are probably better off buying in Australia. I hope you love it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread