ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Wow! Bookmarked! I’ll be referencing this list often
REVIEWED
  1. OBS Engine (dual) Top air RTAs
  2. OBS Engine Nano (single) Top air RTAs
  3. OBS Engine Mini (dual) Same as the OG Engine, but smaller diameter...
  4. OBS Engine II (dual) Top air RTAs
  5. Digiflavor Themis Standard (dual) Top air RTAs
  6. Hellvape Dead Rabbit (dual) Top air RTAs
  7. Geekvape Zeus (Single) Top air RTAs
  8. Geekvape Zeus Dual (dual) Top air RTAs
  9. Acevape MK (dual) Top air RTAs
  10. Vapefly Horus (single) Top air RTAs
  11. Kaees Solomon II (single) Top air RTAs
  12. Augvape Intake (single) Top air RTAs
  13. Vaperz Cloud TFMT (dual) Top air RTAs
  14. QP Designs Juggerknot (dual) Top air RTAs
  15. smok TFV8 X-Baby (dual rba) Top air RTAs
  16. UD Athlon 25 (dual rba) Top air RTAs
  17. Wotofo Elevate (single) Top air RTAs
  18. Advken CP-TF (single) Top air RTAs
  19. QP Designs Juggerknot Mini (single) Top air RTAs
  20. VandyVape Mesh (mesh) Top air RTAs
  21. Geekvape Ammit MTL (single) Top air RTAs
  22. OBS Engine MTL (single) Top air RTAs
  23. Geekvape Zeus X (dual) Top air RTAs
  24. Kaees Solomon 3 (dual or single) Top air RTAs
    1. Top air RTAs
KIND OF REVIEWED
  1. Joyetech Cubis Top air RTAs Top air RTAs
  2. Joyetech Unimax Top air RTAs Top air RTAs
  3. Aspire Cleito EXO Top air RTAs Top air RTAs
QUEUED
  1. FDX Athena (dual)
  2. Digiflavor Themis Mesh (mesh)
  3. Voopoo Rimfire (dual)
WAITING
  1. Geekvape Zeus M (mesh)
  2. Expromizer (30 days and counting since ordering... still not even shipped... sheesh)

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I want good flavor and an easy build deck hiclass. As I mentioned I haven’t had those filling issues to the degree you seem to. My Nanos have not one time given me any grief filling and now neither do my minis. I would suggest maybe it's the bottles you use possibly. Either way no one is twisting your arm to use either rta. I didn’t get on well with the Zeus but I don't blame the Zeus. Still the smoothest af I've experienced.

I am not blaming, I am just sharing my experience.

You might need to try your JK Mini with a thick eJuice in order to see what I have mentioned.

IMHO, refilling mechanism is one of the most important factor in judging a tank because if you refill 2 to 3 times a days, you will be engaging that mechanism more than 700-1000 times a year. Luckily, better alternative could always be there in the market...

That is why...

I have bought many top air flow tanks just to try them out even if I know most of them will eventually end up in my cold storage.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am not blaming, I am just sharing my experience.

You might need to try your JK Mini with a thick eJuice in order to see what I have mentioned.

IMHO, refilling mechanism is one of the most important factor in judging a tank because if you refill 2 to 3 times a days, you will be engaging that mechanism more than 700-1000 times a year. Luckily, better alternative could always be there in the market...

That is why...

I have bought many top air flow tanks just to try them out even if I know most of them will eventually end up in my cold storage.
I use max vg, it naturally just fills slower. Let's just agree to disagree here, just beating a dead horse now.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
I use max vg, it naturally just fills slower. Let's just agree to disagree here, just beating a dead horse now.

Seriously, I really don't mind when you disagree with me since you have opposite experience.

I am now very curious, how come we both are using the same tank, under the same physic rules, think about it why can't I fill my 70% VG eJuice smoothly compare to your max VG eJuice?
May be I should set up again my JK Mini and take a short video on how I fill it. May be then you can point out what have I done wrongly...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Seriously, I really don't mind when you disagree with me since you have opposite experience.

I am now very curious, how come we both are using the same tank, under the same physic rules, think about it why can't I fill my 70% VG eJuice smoothly compare to your max VG eJuice?
May be I should set up again my JK Mini and take a short video on how I fill it. May be then you can point out what have I done wrongly...
Wouldn't it be easier to just try changing it up rather than a video? I fill with the tip angled right or left in the slot, not straight in. I'm telling you just get the glass I linked to.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
To those who own an Augvape Intake tank
@PJReid
@Shawn Hoefer

The rubber seal in my Intake is not stick to the top cap, just sit freely between the top of the tank and the top cap:
AugVape Intake 10.jpg

So, every time I open the top cap for refill, I will find the seal sitting on top of the tank
AugVape Intake 09.jpg

I suppose the seal should be glued to the top cap...
How about yours?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@PJReid
@Shawn Hoefer

The rubber seal in my Intake is not stick to the top cap, just sit freely between the top of the tank and the top cap:
View attachment 816779
So, every time I open the top cap for refill, I will find the seal sitting on top of the tank View attachment 816783
How about yours?
Mine stays in place, but it is not glued. I'd clean both the cap and the seal thoroughly and reseat.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
@PJReid
@Shawn Hoefer

View attachment 816779
So, every time I open the top cap for refill, I will find the seal sitting on top of the tank View attachment 816783
How about yours?

The seal stays in place on both of mine when I refill. As Shawn said, yours probably needs a good cleaning. If juice gets under the seal, I can see how it might come loose but cleaning, drying, and putting it back in place should fix the problem.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
VooPoo Rimfire
20190523_133619_compress15.jpg

This is a 26mm tank (at the base) that swells to 30mm with the bubble glass. It stands roughly 46mm tall, but because of its shape, it seems taller. The drip tip is a Goon style 810.

The deck is a flat postless affair with honeycomb directly under the coils, and slots on the side (I think... I can't get under the deck to check, and see no other reason for those holes to be there).
20190523_131853_compress25.jpg
The screws are sadly placed in the wicking ports. This means that the leads will twist (not really an issue for my thinner fused claptons or round wire), and also that the cotton light snag on the gold-plated flathead screws.

Installing the coils is mostly easy... they drop in easy enough, but with the twisting leads torquing the coil out of position, they'll have to be repositioned...
20190523_132553_compress57.jpg
20190523_132546_compress26.jpg
Repositioning them takes a little work as the deck has ears on either side. These ears interlock with the floating, but nonremovable inner chimney.
20190523_131913_compress85.jpg
That chimney directs air from the top down to a hidden channel under the deck and up through the deck to the coils.

Once coiled, wicking is easy. The wicking channels are more than adequate for the 3mm ID coils worth of cotton with only a little bit of brushing.
20190523_133010_compress86.jpg
Filling is also easy. This RTA uses a quarter-turn lock system like the Zeus line.
20190523_131841_compress47.jpg
Note the markings on top showing how to lock and unlock the glass. It's reverse threaded. This is necessary to allow for juice flow control without unscrewing the tank without unscrewing the entire tank. This is only the second tank (the Exvape Expromizer is the other) that includes JFC. In my opinion, this is gilding the lily and wholly unnecessary on a tank with both top air and top fill.

The VooPoo Rimfire (which I often slip up and call the rimshot, or worse, rimjob) is comparable in performance to the Zeus Dual or the Themis Standard.
20190523_133503_compress75.jpg

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I'm definitely buying more of the jk mini clones. They will likely take over the daily rotation.
I wonder if I would like the JK mini better then the non mini? I wasn't overwhelmed with it and found it took a backseat to the Mizer with a post less deck that I was not overwhelmed with. Has anybody tried both the JK mini and the regular and is there a big difference?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I wonder if I would like the JK mini better then the non mini? I wasn't overwhelmed with it and found it took a backseat to the Mizer with a post less deck that I was not overwhelmed with. Has anybody tried both the JK mini and the regular and is there a big difference?
The difference is huge. The Mini is a single coil with quite a bit of air hitting the coil from virtually all angles. The regular is a dual coil with air hitting only from the sides. I'd even say that the mini is less restrictive... fills easier, too.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
The difference is huge. The Mini is a single coil with quite a bit of air hitting the coil from virtually all angles. The regular is a dual coil with air hitting only from the sides. I'd even say that the mini is less restrictive... fills easier, too.
thanks Shawn!

• Love
Reactions: AngeNZ

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The JK Mini produces only slightly better flavor, but you have to pump more wattage through the coil compared to some other singlecoil atties due to the massive airflow.
The wickingports on both are way too small for 3mm ID coils imo, so you need to thin out your cotton a lot and cut the tails very short for a good vapingexperience.
But when you get it right, the vape is very satisfying on both the Dual and Mini.
I can't second Shawn when it comes to filling though.
The Mini is a real pain to fill, because you have to go extremely slow with high VG liquids or else you will get juice everywhere but not where it belongs.
I never had the same problems with the original dual Juggerknot. Dump in the juice in a slight angle and you're good to go.

Reactions: chanelvaps

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Interestingly all the JK mini's at FT are single/dual coil configuration but the OG at QP is a single
The one I recieved through Fasttech is a single coil, period.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread