Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    And that, ladies and gentlemen and non-binary gendered souls, is a wrap (unless something else pops up). I'll start the process of converting all of these reviews into blog posts as requested and promised very early on.

Honestly, I rather enjoyed the give and take this thread offered compared to what blog posts (which are often overlooked) do.

Since I enjoyed it, I'm wondering what to review in a running thread next. RDTAs? Single 21700 regulated devices? Sex toys?

Thank you for doing such an awesome job of your reviews :thumb:

My vote is for sex toys first, then 21700 single devices ;)

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Thank you for doing such an awesome job of your reviews :thumb:

My vote is for sex toys first, then 21700 single devices ;)
    I dunno, now... After @Letitia brought up the shower massage, I realized there are a lot more sex toys than I thought there were... and I was pretty sure there were a lot... I mean, I've heard of there being a lot...

Single 21700 devices it is!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Let's attempt to break it down, shall we...

DUAL COIL TOP AIR RTAs in order of preference* with brief explanation
    1. Geekvape Zeus Dual (dual) Just all around a nice tank
    2. Hellvape Dead Rabbit (dual) The only complaint might be that it uses really long wicks
    3. Acevape MK (dual) A slightly more restrictive version of the Dead Rabbit
    4. Geekvape Zeus X (dual) I like the way this vapes, but that super stubby drip tip...
    5. Kaees Solomon 3 (dual mode) HAving a tank designed for two styles of building is fine, but it can also be confusing
    6. OBS Engine II (dual) Funky inverted build deck knocked it from closer to the top of the list
    7. Digiflavor Themis Standard (dual) A lack of capacity kept this from scoring higher
    8. Timesvape Diesel (dual) For all its flaws, it vapes really nicely
    9. QP Designs Juggerknot (dual) A little too restrictive, now, but way ahead of its time, then
    10. FDX Athena (dual) Adding LEDs to the bottom of a Zeus does not a better tank make
    11. OBS Engine (dual) Once you get past the potential for flooding and spitback, this is a fine tank, but it's a bit dated, now
    12. OBS Engine Mini (dual) Same as the OG Engine, but smaller diameter...
    13. VooPoo Rimfire (dual) The juice flow control and reverse threading makes it a confusing tank to fill
    14. Wotofo Sapor (dual) Also dated, and put together kinda sloppily... Another attempt at unnecessary JFC**
    15. Vaperz Cloud TFMT (dual) Just all around a no!
    SINGLE COIL TOP AIR DL RTAs in order of preference* with brief explanation
    1. Wotofo Elevate (single) The only thing I didn't like was the ever so slight rounding of the edges on the very bottom of the tank section... Made it look a little funky on my mods.
    2. QP Designs Juggerknot Mini (single) Great vape IF you can get it filled without throwing it across the room in anger
    3. Advken CP-TF (single) The first time I saw a chimney fall out of a mod... kinda freaked me out
    4. Kaees Solomon 3 (single mode) See above
    5. Kaees Solomon II (single) Quite honestly, the gold accent... Just wasn't feeling it
    6. Augvape Intake (single) Just too tight for me, but not MTL
    7. Vapefly Horus (single) Way too airy for a single coil
    8. Geekvape Zeus (Single) I hate that twisted lead/wicking situation
    9. OBS Engine Nano (single) See above
    RBA BASED TOP AIR RTAs in order of preference* with brief explanation
    1. Smok TFV8 X-Baby (dual RBA) Honestly, it's a real toss up between the 1 and 2 positions, here... I don't like the swing out fill method on the TFV8 X...
    2. Advken Owl (dual RBA) ...but the shape and weight, and the Baby Prince RBA head are kinda bummers for this one
    3. UD Athlon 25 (dual RBA) Dated and tiny
    4. Aspire Cleito EXO (dual RBA) Plastic tank
    5. Joyetech Cubis (single RBA) Just so much no!
    6. Joyetech Unimax (single RBA) Just so much no!
    MESH COIL TOP AIR RTAs in order of preference* with brief explanation
    1. VandyVape Kylin M (mesh) The deck and greater capacity helped this one to the top
    2. Digiflavor Themis Mesh (mesh) A little more capacity, and it would have been a better contender
    3. VandyVape Mesh (mesh) This one is nice, but a little restrictive and does not have coil compatibility with the others
    MTL TOP AIR RTAs in order of preference* with brief explanation
    1. Exvape Expromizer V4 (single MTL) Hands down winner of this category... True MTL
    2. OBS Engine MTL (single) No real complaints... Just not as good as the Expromizer
    3. Geekvape Ammit MTL (single) The excess weight of the top cap was a bit of a bummer
    *As always, your taste and mileage may vary. These are just the opinions of one very tired man (with a boat load of top air tanks). I did not rebuild them all and vape them side by side. I relied on rereading my reviews, memory, and which tanks I grab first as I am walking out of the door.

**Apparently, I missed posting the writeup for this one, and now I can't find it. Don't worry... Ya ain't missing much...

ETA: For those keeping count, that 36 tanks... Sheesh!

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @Shawn Hoefer, found something interesting with the Exvape Expromizer V4.

components1.jpg

You can also adjust the airflow further by altering the tightness of the centre screw with airhole, when you have slight movement of the positive post on the build deck is the least restriction to no movement being the most.

Stumbled across this after cleaning and rebuilding a few times.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 11, 2013
    Maui, Hawaii
    @Shawn Hoefer, found something interesting with the Exvape Expromizer V4.

View attachment 826699

You can also adjust the airflow further by altering the tightness of the centre screw with airhole, when you have slight movement of the positive post on the build deck is the least restriction to no movement being the most.

Stumbled across this after cleaning and rebuilding a few times.
    Would you by chance know the diameter of the deck air hole?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread