Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Just received my black/grey ,and I was right . It is black/gold no grey anywhere on the device?
No big deal but I am sure some vapers that order this color might get a tad upset ???
Agreed, mine came yesterday, and black/gray to them is really black and gold to me.

Oh well, I still liked it better than the other new colors, no regrets.

Be warned though, it is black/gold, not black/gray.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Agreed, mine came yesterday, and black/gray to them is really black and gold to me.

I agree,I think this color is better than the other three available. I can't use mine yet because I ordered a new RSA for it and it will not arrive until Friday.
I might order the black/red too that color is not too bad looking. Getting a matching RSA would be a demanding task though? Not really any worth while squonk mods coming out lately either. The topside is the better choice in my opinion over any others.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I agree,I think this color is better than the other three available. I can't use mine yet because I ordered a new RSA for it and it will not arrive until Friday.
I might order the black/red too that color is not too bad looking. Getting a matching RSA would be a demanding task though? Not really any worth while squonk mods coming out lately either. The topside is the better choice in my opinion over any others.
I kind of figured a black RDA would look good on any of these. Maybe coordinate a drip tip in red/gold, whatever to match the other color on the mod.

Agree with a lull in other new mods right now. I think I'm holding off on the Drone, am pleased with the Topside Dual. I did get a DotMod 100w yesterday. Haven't had a chance to clean the bottle or fire it up yet. Nice looking device, and it's darn small for a 21700 capable device. It's even smaller than the Pulse 80w.

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I kind of figured a black RDA would look good on any of these. Maybe coordinate a drip tip in red/gold, whatever to match the other color on the mod.

Agree with a lull in other new mods right now. I think I'm holding off on the Drone, am pleased with the Topside Dual. I did get a DotMod 100w yesterday. Haven't had a chance to clean the bottle or fire it up yet. Nice looking device, and it's darn small for a 21700 capable device. It's even smaller than the Pulse 80w.
Yes I thought the same thing,any black RDA would look good. I ordered a gun metal drop for mine though. I was counting on the grey to actually be grey? I know the drop is a little dated. I just wanted two TVC devices paired up.
I was holding out wanting a drone too but not sure if I will opt for it yet just to see if something else comes out?

Reactions: score69

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Yes I thought the same thing,any black RDA would look good. I ordered a gun metal drop for mine though. I was counting on the grey to actually be grey? I know the drop is a little dated. I just wanted two TVC devices paired up.
I was holding out wanting a drone too but not sure if I will opt for it yet just to see if something else comes out?
Honestly, the main reason I wanted the Drone is because of the DNA 250c chip. I think the Topside is a more user friendly and better designed squonker, at least for me. The dual feels good in the hand, I don't use TC, so I went with the Topside Dual. Just wanted to have another dual battery squonk other than the Basium, haven't been too impressed with others until the Topside Dual came out.

I'm still leary of the possible battery door issues on the Drone. I haven't seen any reports of crack since they went into production, but folks have said the door flexes, etc. Meh, I will probably get a YiHi Topside Dual when it's released.

I started using the DotMod 100w today, so far I like it. To me, it's like a 21700 version of the RSQ as far as size. It's pretty darn small for a 21700 device. Just a tad bit taller than the RSQ, and a bit wider to accomodate the battery. To me, it's weird pressing on a flat (square) squonk bottle, but it works well so far. The bottle isn't the easiest to remove, I have to pinch it. So if I have a topper on it, no problems squeezing it a bit to pull it out.

I honestly just bought the DotMod 100w because I wanted a new device, it didn't really appeal to me a whole lot. It's a neat device though. I'm honestly surprised by the size of it, being 21700 capable. I've tried a few different 21700s in it and they all fit so far.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
IMG_20190309_144005.jpg

That pack of cigarettes is not mine my wifes

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

It's obvious that someone at Dovpo is color blind. :rolleyes:
dovpo-topside-new-colors.jpg

The new black/whatever colors don't appeal to me enough to buy any of them. If I wanted another Topside I'd probably add a solid black or red one to the Silver, Gunmetal and Blue ones instead. I like the three I have just fine and use them daily, but doubt I will add anymore. Since I also have no interest in any version of the dual Topside's either, I guess the three in hand running DMP's will see me through.

sept1949s.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
It's obvious that someone at Dovpo is color blind. :rolleyes:
View attachment 802381

The new black/whatever colors don't appeal to me enough to buy any of them. If I wanted another Topside I'd probably add a solid black or red one to the Silver, Gunmetal and Blue ones instead. I like the three I have just fine and use them daily, but doubt I will add anymore. Since I also have no interest in any version of the dual Topside's either, I guess the three in hand running DMP's will see me through.

If they had the color I wanted at time in stock I would not have went to a LE color ,that is wrong too.
Gun metal is what I was after but that color is out of stock at just about every online shop .Getting back to the new colors though,completely off color .

Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
If they had the color I wanted at time in stock I would not have went to a LE color ,that is wrong too.
Gun metal is what I was after but that color is out of stock at just about every online shop .Getting back to the new colors though,completely off color .

My first pick and the first one I bought in early Oct '18 was the Gunmetal version to go with a matching Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA I had on hand. But both a blue and silver Topside came soon after, and matched up great with two other DMP's. I jumped right on them when they first became available just in case they turned out to be another 'one run wonder' like many new vape items are now days. Together this mod/atty combo gets it done quite well for my uses.

dmp3ss.jpg TS8Toucans.jpg
I still need to make a better picture of the three of them together.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Finally got myself one of these four days ago. And I have to say it’s great! Can’t put it down. It has an enjoyable heft to it..the right weight, the right size, the bottle is amazing, in short I can’t fault it. Haven’t tried it with an 18650 yet, but the 21700 lasts for days. A great purchase. The only thing is that it’s not pocket friendly. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I never used a YiHi board yet that didn't have unfixed firmware bugs. And it is hard to believe YiHi still hasn't advanced passed PWM for TC. And in 2018, the only thing they came out with new in innovation was the widget spinner. And wishing for a YiHi board in a non-YiHi mod, well good luck there. As YiHi boards made for non-YiHi mods are purposely handicapped, so as to not compete with their own mods. :(

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Has there been any updates on that Yihi chipped premium dual topside? I’ve looked around and can’t find any information about it, just wondering if there’s someone in the know that has heard something.

On a recent live show, Brian (TVC) stated that they are in the prototype stage for the YiHi Topside and are trying out various case materials to make it more "upscale" than the current Topside (without specifying what those materials are). He said they do not have a release date set as of yet, and didn't offer any details as to which board will be used.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
On a recent live show, Brian (TVC) stated that they are in the prototype stage for the YiHi Topside and are trying out various case materials to make it more "upscale" than the current Topside (without specifying what those materials are). He said they do not have a release date set as of yet, and didn't offer any details as to which board will be used.
Thanks for the update. I wish he kept us better informed on the process. Then we could all chime in and tell him what he’s doing wrong.

Reactions: Eskie

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks for the update. I wish he kept us better informed on the process. Then we could all chime in and tell him what he’s doing wrong.
Yeah, like using a YiHi chip instead of the DNA 250C. ;)

I'm still in for a YiHi version, but I would love to see them use the 250C instead. IMO, this would be a Drone killer if that were the case. To me, that's the only thing I like better about the Drone. The Topside Dual with a 250C would be the best designed and chipped dual squonk currently around IMO.

I would pick up a pair of them with a 250C and my Drone would end up in the vape closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread