TopVapor E-Liquid Reviews here Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkey

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
New York City
Based on the reviews here I would say I've been very unlucky with TopVapor. I ordered flavors 1 to 4 (5 and 10ml bottles) and they all tasted like detergent, and clogged up my atomizers. Before the atomizers stop working the vapor is great, but throat hit is average.

I thought I was just unlucky with that first order, so on my next madvapes order (5 to 6) I ordered some more, and different flavors this time.

1. Fried Apple
2. Caramel Cream
3. Very Berry
4. Blueberry

5. Cotton Candy
6. Key Lime Freeze
7. Unflavored VG
8. Maple Cream

But this batch was no better.

I ordered flavors 1 to 4 in January and I have tried them again recently because people have said they get better with age, but I have not noticed an improvement.

The worst thing isn't that they taste like detergent and have a middling throat hit, but that they seem to clog up atomizers. The liquid is thicker than the China stuff I usually vape and it seems my atomizers can't handle the stuff. I use 801's, BE112'S, 901'S AND 501'S,

So based on the great reviews here I must be very unlucky to receive two bad batches. I'm not going to risk a third bad batch, so I will just stick with China liquid from now on.

P.S. i left an earlier review that was premature, and so I have changed my mind about TopVapor.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Based on the reviews here I would say I've been very unlucky with TopVapor. I ordered flavors 1 to 4 (5 and 10ml bottles) and they all tasted like detergent, and clogged up my atomizers. Before the atomizers stop working the vapor is great, but throat hit is average.

I thought I was just unlucky with that first order, so on my next Madvapes order (5 to 6) I ordered some more, and different flavors this time.

1. Fried Apple
2. Caramel Cream
3. Very Berry
4. Blueberry

5. Cotton Candy
6. Key Lime Freeze
7. Unflavored VG
8. Maple Cream

But this batch was no better.

I ordered flavors 1 to 4 in January and I have tried them again recently because people have said they get better with age, but I have not noticed an improvement.

The worst thing isn't that they taste like detergent and have a middling throat hit, but that they seem to clog up atomizers. The liquid is thicker than the China stuff I usually vape and it seems my atomizers can't handle the stuff. I use 801's, BE112'S, 901'S AND 501'S,

So based on the great reviews here I must be very unlucky to receive two bad batches. I'm not going to risk a third bad batch, so I will just stick with China liquid from now on.

P.S. i left an earlier review that was premature, and so I have changed my mind about TopVapor.
I too have changed my mind. I did like the flavor. But I ordered a 4oz bottle of (tobacco) and over a short time they have killed my atty's over and over. What it does is clog or goo up the coils is a very short time and can't really clean them. So after 4 weeks I have given up, hate how much 4oz cost me but I quess thats part of the learning process. I should not have ordered that much juice, next time I will order a small batch. NOTE-- I have not used any other flavors just the Tobacco.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
sharkey said:
The liquid is thicker than the China stuff I usually vape and it seems my atomizers can't handle the stuff. I use 801's, BE112'S, 901'S AND 501'S,

I haven't noticed that TopVapor liquids clog up any more than any other juice, but that would be pretty hard for me to know - I've been switching constantly between stuff I have from 4 vendors. I do clean my atties without issue using highping's method. I use 510 and 901 atties (and carts).

I was particularly surprized you had an issue with viscosity - if anything, the TopVapor lineup has almost always been on the thinner side than the majority of juices I've seen so far, including Dekang from a couple places. Of the flavors you listed, I have tried two - Very Berry and Key Lime, both of which I thought were great. They did however need to sitting about a week (longer for the lime is even better).

I do have one issue though. Out of close to a dozen TopVapor flavors so far, this is the first with an issue. It's the Vanilla Latte (ordered from the "coffee flavors" weekly deal a few weeks back). It didn't seem to vape very well, and I ended up not using it for about three days. When I picked it up again, I was amazed at the amount of sediment that had settled to the bottom. There's (conservatively) 10% of the bottom of the container filled with a heavy, fine solid. No idea what it is, but I won't touch that one. I realize things can settle/separate and always mix (rock them, or gently shake) my juices, but that's the first one I've ever seen with any kind of sediment in it (and I have literally two dozen flavors in rotation - well, 23 now actually). Rotating that many flavors, I always have some that haven't been moved for a few days, and I've taken to looking for any buildup on the bottom of juices - none of my others have had this issue.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
By the way....I love your profile picture! I'm a huge fan!

Thanks, I have a Beatles website that does quite well, you've probably heard of it, but I can't link to it because I have an affiliate banner ad and it's against ECF rules. I got the root beer and it smells fab, I haven't loaded it up yet though. I can tell it's gonna make a really good vape. lol - Working my way through some peppermint at the moment. I'm getting a Maxi Rough Stack next week, assuming they don't sell them all (12 left). I'm using a flashlight 5 volt mod right now and wow, it IS the sweet spot!!!

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I do have one issue though. Out of close to a dozen TopVapor flavors so far, this is the first with an issue. It's the Vanilla Latte (ordered from the "coffee flavors" weekly deal a few weeks back). It didn't seem to vape very well, and I ended up not using it for about three days. When I picked it up again, I was amazed at the amount of sediment that had settled to the bottom. There's (conservatively) 10% of the bottom of the container filled with a heavy, fine solid. No idea what it is, but I won't touch that one. I realize things can settle/separate and always mix (rock them, or gently shake) my juices, but that's the first one I've ever seen with any kind of sediment in it (and I have literally two dozen flavors in rotation - well, 23 now actually). Rotating that many flavors, I always have some that haven't been moved for a few days, and I've taken to looking for any buildup on the bottom of juices - none of my others have had this issue.

I have this same issue with one 30ml bottle of coffee that I ordered. There is about 1/8th inch of fine sediment on the bottom. I took it to work (at a lab) and put it on a vibrational homogenizer (low heat), but it was back to sedimentation in less than a week. The bottles I got with my sample pack, including the coffee and van. latte, were all fine and do not have that problem.

I have given up on that 30ml bottle, but the other one isn't bad. I did find some love from the Kona Cream. Can we get a kona, with no cream?

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I need to know if these juices are made when ordered so I know if I should let them steep. I ordered my first juice from MadVapes (Rootbeer) which should arrive today. Will it be at it's best on arrival, as we all know steeping is a must with fresh juice. t/y anyone

I generally found it necessary to steeping a minimum of a few days with TopVapor stuff, and some is even better after a week or so. The root beer though was probably the best fresh out of the mailbox in my experience (only ordered it once so far). I also found it to have the best throat hit so far of any TV stuff (all 18mg+) although I do use that one in a slightly lower resistance carto.

Basically, if any TV you receive smells anything like soap, or perfume (different to each person) it needs to steep and that will go away. This seems to be very common with freshly made alcohol-based juices.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I have this same issue with one 30ml bottle of coffee that I ordered. There is about 1/8th inch of fine sediment on the bottom. I took it to work (at a lab) and put it on a vibrational homogenizer (low heat), but it was back to sedimentation in less than a week. The bottles I got with my sample pack, including the coffee and van. latte, were all fine and do not have that problem.

I have given up on that 30ml bottle, but the other one isn't bad. I did find some love from the Kona Cream. Can we get a kona, with no cream?

Much as I was disappointed with the sediment issue, I wanted to second your :thumb: on the Kona Cream. That's probably my favorite out of the coffee sampler. Close behind that would be the Cappucino.

Four of my five TV liquids (Cappuccino, Cherry Tobacco, Kona Cream, Caramel Tobacco, Fireball) not only smell like a combination of detergent and perfume, they taste like it too! The Fireball is the only one that doesn't, and I do like it. As a matter of fact, it's the only cinnamon liquid I've had in months that doesn't have at least a bit of a soapy taste, or as my son says, Glade Air Freshener. This soap/perfume/Glade taste is extremely strong, as well. If I'm lucky, a very strong cinnamon or menthol will help, but a deep & thorough cleaning of my atty is usually needed.

It's been ten days since they were delivered, so I shall let them steep longer and hope this disgusting taste goes away. However, I do find it very frustrating that so many of these liquids have to be steeped by consumers. If it needs steeping after it's made, then IMNSHO don't make it to order. When I buy herbs or loose tobacco or alcohol, they are properly cured/steeped/aged before sold to me. Curing/steeping is part of the production process for other products, not something left up to the consumers. [/RANT]

Thing is, I'm not sure if it's best to steep liquids with the caps on or off of the bottles, so I've been doing it about 50/50 on/off. When I cure fresh herbs, the jars are closed except to "burp" them for a few minutes a day. But I only know about curing herbs because I have an herb garden rather than buying some of my herbs in jars... I know nothing about curing/steeping liquids for my PV. It's something I've never had to do until recently.

Maxwell_Edison

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Ohio
beatlesnumber9.com
Thing is, I'm not sure if it's best to steep liquids with the caps on or off of the bottles, so I've been doing it about 50/50 on/off.

I watched a video by Shan on steeping and find her method works real well for me too. Shake the bottle up real good for 30 seconds and leave the cap off for 24 hours in a dark place. Then put the cap on, shake again, and set for 24 hours. Then shake it up again for 30 seconds (rigorously) and let it set in the cupboard for 7-10 days, then it's ready for vaping, (usualy in one week). G'luck!!

Waiting to Exhale

Apr 19, 2011
Mesa, AZ
I watched a video by Shan on steeping and find her method works real well for me too. Shake the bottle up real good for 30 seconds and leave the cap off for 24 hours in a dark place. Then put the cap on, shake again, and set for 24 hours. Then shake it up again for 30 seconds (rigorously) and let it set in the cupboard for 7-10 days, then it's ready for vaping, (usualy in one week). G'luck!!

The first time I tried their Lemon Lime soda, I thought it tasted like dish soap and put it away in a cupboard. I didn't shake it or anything, but a week later I tried it again and it was yummy. I haven't had that problem again and I've ordered it 6 times or so since. It's one of my favorite flavors and the clearos seem to last forever on it.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
The TopVapor juices that I've tried are: nutty caramel, Wintergreen, Minthol, Mandarin orange, waffle, cotton candy, lemon, and I think that's it.

ALL OF THEM are funky on ce2's. Wick way too fast and gurgle. On regular cartos they are too thick and don't vape. I recommend them for tank, drip, or bottom feed ONLY. They also gunk up atty coils like noone's business.

now for flavor:

Nutty caramel: Overall the best tasting juice I've ever tried. It'd be my #1 vape if it were more carto-friendly. It is also THE MOST coil-gunking juice I've ever tried.
Lemon: Tastes like a lemon peel while dripping, shatters clearo shells, tastes pretty good in a 2.8ohm ce2. Would probably be good in a regular 2.5 atty
Wintergreen: Kinda wimpy, but good. the most gurgle-y of the bunch. Only takes 5min in a clearo before it starts to gurgle. Good solid wintergreen flavor tho, and I like it. It's genuine wintergreen.
Mandarin orange: Also shatters clearo sleeves. Flavor is excellent though.
Waffle: Doesn't taste right. Tastes like some kind of candy that I can't place. Taste is very familiar but it doesn't taste anything like a waffle, or buttery or syrup. It's very unique but nothing like its name.
Cotton Candy: ..... ...... Gross. It does have a faint taste of cotton candy but it's more like tasting what it'd be like to regurgitate the cotton candy.

I don't know if I can endorse the TV juices or not because they DO TASTE GOOD (most of them anyway) but they're not carto friendly and the ones I've tried have gunked up attys to the point of needing a very heavy dry burn. 1ml of nutty caramel and I had to burn it out of my ce2 coil. I couldn't imagine going through 3-6ml of it in a bottom feeder with a regular atty. Maybe a 1.5ohm LR atty but not a regular atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread