TopVapor E-Liquid Reviews here Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedmama

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
ohio
Ok so this was my first real try with top vapor from mad vapes. I got a bottle of cotton candy in a trade on here which didnt taste like cotton candy to me at all but it was still good. So now on to my first real order

Fireball: Horrible it tasted like I was trying to eat a fireball though a thick plastic wrapper. It did not have the strong cinnamin like I thought it would and the nasty taste got stuck in my atty I had to clean it a few times to get it out. yuck

Wintergreen AHHHHMAZING!!!! This will be one of my always reorders :)

watermelon pretty good but could be sweeter

cookies n cream this one was a little weird. Ok I know what cookies n cream normally tastes like this tasted like one of those coconut snowball things. Not bad. I will still vape it but it was not even close to cookies n cream

French Vanilla Again good but could be sweeter Edit: ok this was good for abot 5 hits then it tasted horrible

cherry limeade I could not taste any cherry at all only lime. Im gonna let it sit for a while and try it again later and see if any cherry flavor comes though

Tutti Fruity I didnt know what to expect with this one. I thought it would taste like the baby food tutti fruity but actually it tasted like juicy fruit gum....Pretty good.

cream soda I havent got to try this one yet so I will add to this post tomorrow when i try it Edit: this had no flavor at all

All in all these are not bad flavors and I love the vapor production and the TH the only thing I suggest is that mad vapes either sweeten them more or give us the option of having them sweetened.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Question. I've been reading through the various reviews here and on MV's site for the TV liquids and they are mixed at best. I've got a bunch of other stuff to order from them at the end of the week and wanted to add in some juice to the order just to make shipping worthwhile and so I didn't have to go elsewhere for my juice.

So, the question is, is this stuff any good for dual coil cartos? Most of them seem to be mostly VG-based, which I don't really care for (vapour isn't as important to me as throat hit and flavour), and thick juices probably won't play nice with cartos, even a dual coil arrangement. I know MV also carries some Chinese juices, but after a very bad experience with apparently generic Chinese juices last fall (don't know who made them, they just had generic labels, but they caused some very worrisome health issues) I won't risk that again. I'd rather stick with stuff sourced and made to higher standards a little closer to home.

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
Actually, most of the TV liquids are about 20% vg unless indicated otherwise. If you read the descriptions, most say they are a pg/vg blend. So far, all the one's that I have tried, work well in the DC Cartos. As far as the Chinese juices go, I usually order Ry4 and Flue Cured 24mg, 50 ml bottles and they've all been spot on. I've heard of a few problems with the imports but mostly with the "Custom" juices. I haven't tried them myself so I can't say for sure.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Actually, most of the TV liquids are about 20% vg unless indicated otherwise. If you read the descriptions, most say they are a pg/vg blend.

That was my concern -- the ratio. 20% I can live with as long as it's relatively thin.

So far, all the one's that I have tried, work well in the DC Cartos. As far as the Chinese juices go, I usually order Ry4 and Flue Cured 24mg, 50 ml bottles and they've all been spot on. I've heard of a few problems with the imports but mostly with the "Custom" juices. I haven't tried them myself so I can't say for sure.

Have you been vaping the Chinese juices for long? I found it took about a couple of months before the health effects of the bad juice I got started kicking in. I'm not a big tobacco flavour fan so I mostly go for other flavours -- especially coffee. I'm a coffee fiend, but it seems hard to find a good one.

Last edited:

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I've been vaping the Chinese liquids for about a year with no adverse health problems. Of course, I don't vape them exclusively but steadily. From what I've heard, Dekang has really strict quality control on their e liquid production. I wish I could recommend a coffee e liquid but they haven't been my cup of tea. I bought a bottle from another vendor and it really didn't do much for me but...... MadVapes has had good reviews on some of their coffee blends.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I've been vaping the Chinese liquids for about a year with no adverse health problems. Of course, I don't vape them exclusively but steadily. From what I've heard, Dekang has really strict quality control on their e liquid production. I wish I could recommend a coffee e liquid but they haven't been my cup of tea. I bought a bottle from another vendor and it really didn't do much for me but...... MadVapes has had good reviews on some of their coffee blends.

Yeah, I've got some of the Kona Cream earmarked as it appears to be the best of the coffee flavours they offer based on reviews. I know it's a subjective thing but coffee is pretty hard to get subjective about outside of (coffee) brand preferences; there's a definite generalized coffee flavour and something either tastes like it or it doesn't, and I've had stuff that doesn't. The only one I ever had that really tasted like good, strong coffee is Crystal E-Liquid's bold coffee flavour -- that was fantastic. Unfortunately they don't offer it in strengths above 16mg.

I've never heard complaints about Dekang so that's the one Chinese brand I'd definitely trust. Since I don't know who made the bad ones I had, though, I'm very hesitant about any others. (Whoever makes the ones Greenhouse One carries, or at least the ones they carried last fall if they've switched since then.) But if the stuff MV here carries is decent with no complaints (other than subjective taste tests) then I might have a look, get a bottle or two to try if the TV stuff doesn't work out.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
If you look at the cap on your china juice bottle, you may notice a faint YNDK impressioned on the lowest part of one side. AFAIK, this indicates that it IS Dekang-made. It's pretty faint - I never noticed it until it was pointed out. I've had horrible juices with that printing - including flavors that were barely discernible from one another (one was tobacco and another kiwi...wtf?). It seems my experience is pretty uncommon though. The RY4 from Ikenvape is Dekang made, and it is outstanding.

Top Vapor reviews do seem mixed, but in my opinion the majority of the negatives are due to juices that require steeping - most do require at least a few days and some (Grandpa's Mix for example) require much longer. They are mixed to order and the shipping is incredibly fast. There are occasionally hiccups in their line, but I bet they are very rare and I've personally experienced how great MadVapes is about addressing an actual issue (i.e. anything aside from "I don't like it").

If nothing else, just get yourself a variety of flavors - at about $2.30/5ml or $4/10ml, you can build yourself quite a sampler for relatively cheap. I'm sure you'll find something you love.

I sympathize with your search for a good COFFEE tasting vape. I've gone through a number of suppliers now, and still haven't found one that truly hits that spot for me. I do quite enjoy the Kona Cream though, and I have to agree that it's absolutely the best of their coffee lineup even if it's not quite what I hope for a coffee taste.

Best of luck!

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
Oh yeah - and I've not had any issues with the viscosity of any of their juices. I've tried about a dozen or so now in a few types of cartos with no issues at all. It's always "just right" as far as I'm concerned. The few that are not 80/20 are 100% VG and include Triple Zest, Vanutla, Kick-Azz Caramel, Butterscotch, and Raspberry.

Check out their newsletter about their e-Juice lineup at MadVapes E-Liquids (From our 4/29/11 Newsletter)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
If you look at the cap on your china juice bottle, you may notice a faint YNDK impressioned on the lowest part of one side. AFAIK, this indicates that it IS Dekang-made. It's pretty faint - I never noticed it until it was pointed out. I've had horrible juices with that printing - including flavors that were barely discernible from one another (one was tobacco and another kiwi...wtf?). It seems my experience is pretty uncommon though. The RY4 from Ikenvape is Dekang made, and it is outstanding.

I just had a look at the bottles of Chinese stuff I still have lying around, and unless they've been rebottled, they're not Dekang; there are no markings, faint or otherwise inside the caps. Just GHO's logo, flavour and strength of juice, and boilerplate nicotine warning on the label.

Top Vapor reviews do seem mixed, but in my opinion the majority of the negatives are due to juices that require steeping - most do require at least a few days and some (Grandpa's Mix for example) require much longer. They are mixed to order and the shipping is incredibly fast. There are occasionally hiccups in their line, but I bet they are very rare and I've personally experienced how great MadVapes is about addressing an actual issue (i.e. anything aside from "I don't like it").

If nothing else, just get yourself a variety of flavors - at about $2.30/5ml or $4/10ml, you can build yourself quite a sampler for relatively cheap. I'm sure you'll find something you love.

I'm definitely thinking about getting a quantity of small bottles to try out on flavours I'm not sure of. (Well, I'm not sure of any of them but I've got some larger bottles picked out just so I've got a lot of stuff I'm pretty sure that, at the very least, I probably won't hate.) Steeping I understand, though I tend both to be impatient, and order my juices a little too close to when I'm getting close to finishing what I have. :) Still, if I do come across something that tastes significantly off I'll try steeping it before I say anything.

I sympathize with your search for a good COFFEE tasting vape. I've gone through a number of suppliers now, and still haven't found one that truly hits that spot for me. I do quite enjoy the Kona Cream though, and I have to agree that it's absolutely the best of their coffee lineup even if it's not quite what I hope for a coffee taste.

Good to know, then; I've got 60ml of Kona in the cart (you just can't beat $15), so I'm hoping it turns out to be decent. :) I don't know what it is about coffee but I've tried about half a dozen different vendors and except for Crystal, they've just missed the mark fairly wide. Hopefully this Kona will give me a respectable java fix 'til I find that perfect one.

Oh yeah - and I've not had any issues with the viscosity of any of their juices. I've tried about a dozen or so now in a few types of cartos with no issues at all. It's always "just right" as far as I'm concerned. The few that are not 80/20 are 100% VG and include Triple Zest, Vanutla, Kick-Azz Caramel, Butterscotch, and Raspberry.

Check out their newsletter about their e-Juice lineup at MadVapes E-Liquids (From our 4/29/11 Newsletter)

Hmm. According to the newsletter it's generally 80/20 VG/PG (altered to suit flavour), rather than the other way round as was suggested a few posts above. I'll try it out just the same and hope it doesn't make me cough and still has enough throat hit. (I like a good solid kick to the trachea) The "Velvet Blend" I got from Velvet Vapour made me cough like a bronchial infection, but I think it's because their VG is extremely syrupy and the vapour density was just too much for my lungs to handle.

I'm thinking of ordering the 36mg to make up for the weaker TH from the VG. (I vape 26 right now and it's almost right where I like it; a little extra bang would be nice.) I could always grab a bottle of PG if I need to dilute it a bit.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
I just had a look at the bottles of Chinese stuff I still have lying around, and unless they've been rebottled, they're not Dekang; there are no markings, faint or otherwise inside the caps. Just GHO's logo, flavour and strength of juice, and boilerplate nicotine warning on the label.
The impression is on the outside of the cap, on the bottom brim of the caps that are "child-proof".
Hmm. According to the newsletter it's generally 80/20 VG/PG (altered to suit flavour), rather than the other way round as was suggested a few posts above.
Well would you look at that; I can't believe I read that incorrectly and assumed it was PG-heavy. It seems enough like a PG juice (and PG is so common) that I never imagined it as the other way around. The flavors stand out very well but I do find the TH a little on the weak side @ 18-24mg (I personally don't always want a ton of TH - it gets irritating to me if I vape too much).

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
The impression is on the outside of the cap, on the bottom brim of the caps that are "child-proof".

Definitely not Dekang then. These aren't child-proof and only have a seal ring that breaks when you open it like those found on drink bottles. Beyond that they're just peaked twist-offs. Nothing stamped on or moulded into the caps at all.

Well would you look at that; I can't believe I read that incorrectly and assumed it was PG-heavy. It seems enough like a PG juice (and PG is so common) that I never imagined it as the other way around. The flavors stand out very well but I do find the TH a little on the weak side @ 18-24mg (I personally don't always want a ton of TH - it gets irritating to me if I vape too much).

Sounds like they thin their VG well then. I can deal with that, but I'll definitely have to get 36mg to punch up the TH in compensation for the low PG content.

Well, it's payday, so off to order!

MDethCKR

Jun 15, 2011
IL
I've still got a few more to review, and keep in mind this is only my third vendor :)

Hawaiian Delight 10ml / 6mg - Might need a bit longer to steep, first juice where I could understand where people might say 'perfume'. However, its fruity with just a little bit of flowery topical goodness and doesn't have a decorative floral taste - it reminds me of when I was in Hawaii. Been dripping a 306 on a manual 510.

Kona Cream 10ml / 6mg - I love this flavor! Tastes like iced kona coffee and kahlua. Can't seem to fill up an 808 cart quite right yet...its giving this killer TH.

*Don't know if I should include the Dekang here, but it has a TV label :p *
Dekang USA 30ml / 6mg - Really liking this flavor. Nice subtle tobacco flavor. My girlfriend actually stole my 808 w CE2 last night and was vaping on it for a few hours! She hates e-cigs and thinks the flavors are just weird-so this attests to this juices nice mild flavor. I don't know if anybodys ever used a vape not intended for tobacco....This juice tastes like you are vaping a marlboro!

sfa437

Jun 8, 2011
West Babylon NY
Well here's my contribution to this thread:

I tend to like fruity flavors more than the tobacco ones so I've been doing a wide sampling in 10ml 18mg. I am using a Joye 510, atty and a Pyramid modded cartridge for all except the blackberry and blueberry which have been used in cartos.

Lemon: VERY lemon. I mean like massively lemon! Good vapor and TH and the lemon flavor sticks around after you stop vaping. A little too lemon for my taste and I eat straight lemons. Cutting this one with some PG or water might help but vaping it as-is when I have a citrus jones.

Chocolate Malt: This one is #2 on my list. GREAT smooth flavor, kind of like Ovaltine. Rich vapor, not so big a TH. Silky would be the best way to describe this one.

Apricot: Good flavor, although I would prefer it to have been a little more pronounced. Tends to clog my atty fairly quickly but it does have a great TH and good vapor production.

Blackberry: Sweet and smooth. Running this juice in a carto and there is a MASSIVE amount of vapor production and strong blackberry flavor. Good TH without being overwhelming.

Maple Cream: #3 on my fave list. Tastes just like real maple syrup- not the Eggo corn syrup crap LOL Good TH and moderate vapor production. This moves to #1 with a cup of after dinner coffee. Kind of a dessert vape.

Blueberry: This is #1 on my list- hands down. Very intense flavor, sweet without being overpowering, great vapor production, good TH and all around GREAT juice.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Got my shipment today -- I have to say, that was astonishingly fast shipping. Ordered Friday morning, shipped the same day, got here Monday -- except my wife didn't answer the phone when they came because she thought it was some stranger buzzing up. (Our security camera has been dead for months) So she let them in today.

So far I've tried two of the flavours, so I'll give my initial impressions of those. Note that I did not give these time to steep, though I didn't detect any of the odd aromas described here in these. Tested on SmokTeck dual coils on 3.7v eGo batts. (My mod isn't ready yet. :( )

Kona Cream (36mg): I know this was probably done to death, but I'll do it anyway. This is ... different. Not quite what I was expecting. It's almost nutty. Maybe it's just because I've never had Kona coffee before so I don't know what it's supposed to taste like. There's definitely a coffee flavour in there but the nuttiness overwhelms it. Nice, though. I'm going to have to vape this one for a bit before I get a really good sense of it. I have to take much shorter draws on this one; my first hit was taking a long draw like I do with weaker juices, and on the inhale I felt like Clouseau getting ninja'ed by Kato with a completely unexpected karate chop to the chest. I'm good with shorter draws though. It'll last longer. But the search for the perfect coffee vape continues...

Waffle (36mg): I've mainly been vaping Toffle (a toffee-waffle amalgam) from Vaperite the last few weeks because I totally love it, so I wanted to try another Waffle-y flavour. This one is quite nice with a prominent pancake syrup flavour with a kind of malty waffle flavour underneath. Smoother TH on this one but still very bold. Really enjoying this one.

Still got Caramel Cream to do so I'll get to that after I give an atty or two a good rinsing.

TopVapor's clove is by far one of the best clove flavors I have tried. The taste is the closest I have found to the actual spice and is much more pronounced than other brands. I’ve run it through 501’s, 901’s, and CE2’s over the past few days and the vapor is smooth and consistent in all of them. I wish I’d tried it sooner! I will definitely be back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread