TPA <Flavour> and cream alternatives and other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metis

Nov 24, 2014
Denmark
Hiya,

Was playing with some of my flavours today, and noticed something peculiar about a few of my TPA <Flavour> and cream.

The Strawberries and cream doesn't really deliver strawberry flavour, and seems quite bland untill I reach a level that is out of my comfort zone. Then it turns plastic-y?

The Peaches and cream. The best way to describe it is Haribo gummy peaches used as low as 2.5%? (YMMV).
Looking through the TPA flavourings thread, I couldn't really find much info on the Peaches and cream.

Their Banana cream is an awful lot like their ripe banana in flavour, and requires a very low percentage - not getting the cream notes as I hoped for. Not what I'd expect.

I think I finally caved in, and will be switching to Inawera/Capella when my TPA stock is used up - what others would be recommendable, and obtainable in Europe?

I'm trying to make something that would resemble a good, thick, creamy banana shake - so not at all what the ripe banana resembles (And the banana cream).
  • Where would you start?
Currently I'm working with Vanilla Custard(CAP), banana cream(TPA), banana fosters(TPA), bavarian cream(TPA) and a bit of smooth(TPA) for that one, but it doesn't turn out right no matter how I tweak the percentages.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Shamelessly stolen from Reddit (created by Jackster) and is quite popular over there. Supposed to be a Bombie's "Nana Cream" clone that a lot of people seem to like
  • LA Banana Cream - 6%
  • TFA Strawberry - 6%
  • FA Strawberry - 2%
  • TFA Pineapple - 1/2% (0.5%)
  • TFA Pear - 1/2% (0.5%)
  • LA Pear - 1%

Another guy named Fizzmustard posted his own clone as well. Some people prefer it over the above:

• 5.0% LA Banana Cream
  • 3.0% TFA Dragon Fruit
  • 7.0% TFA Strawberry
  • 1 drop per mL Citric Acid
  • Mix at 30pg / 70vg

Anyway, just something to try. I am not a banana guy myself and haven't tried the Bombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread