Trump Admin To BAN Flavored E-Cigarettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
My guess, is that big tobacco intends on cornering the vaping market. Big tobacco wants sales profits, big gubmint wants tax revenue.

One possible scenario:
1. Gubmint bans e-cigarettes.
2. Big tobacco releases "new research" on vaping.
3. Big tobacco submits a bill to legalize vaping of "certified" liquids and devices; all of which would be owned exclusively by big tobacco.

Last edited:

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Well, we all saw this coming. I remember a story about folks running out of weed, so two hippie types tried smoking some local plants. Turned out the leaves they were puffing on were poison sumac.

Folks after cheap(er) or illegal (THC) thrills are going to DIY or buy some really stupid stuff to vape.

Useful legislation would be things like legalizing marijuana and focusing on quality controls. Personally, I hate the stuff, but there's no reason someone should be so desperate that they have to turn to black market carts or juices to get their jollies, which could be had with relative safety. Oy vey.

I kicked cigarettes when I turned 53; I turn 66 on saturday. Vaping saved my ..... I'd be in a world of hurt by now but for that alternative. I can still work all day and then go for a 5 mile run; that wouldn't be happening for sure by now.

Let's educate the FDA on their real job, and enlighten the clueless legislators that are savaging vaping. Even with the unfortunate deaths of the clueless or adventurous (uneducated) people that vaped some really nasty, black market crap-- clued-in vaping has saved a lot of folks and a lot of health care dollars, many times over.

Vaping should be accepted, quality controlled, and monitored, just like any food or drug in large public channels.

Good grief, Senators like Romney, who's bringing the hammer instead of making things actually better, annoy me. Could these guys be any more out of touch with reality?

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
More than 88,000 people die per year; due to alcohol consumption.
2018 Alcoholism Statistics You Need to Know | Talbott Recovery

More than 480,000 people per year [USA alone] die; due to smoking cigarettes.
Fast Facts

Logically, Alcohol and cigarettes will need to be banned as well. If not, we will need an answer as to why people aren't being afforded the same protection from alcohol, and cigarettes.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
More than 88,000 people die per year; due to alcohol consumption.
2018 Alcoholism Statistics You Need to Know | Talbott Recovery

More than 480,000 people per year [USA alone] die; due to smoking cigarettes.
Fast Facts

Logically, Alcohol and cigarettes will need to be banned as well. If not, we will need an answer as to why people aren't being afforded the same protection from alcohol, and cigarettes.
They tried banning alcohol. It was known as “prohibition”. famous for the creation of nascar and organized crime.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Ok, that I recognize as sarcasm.
I'm actually serious about the bans. Now that the game is on, I say we ban everything known to cause harm. Why should the American people be protected from vaping, yet remain at risk from alcohol and tobacco?

Last edited:

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I'm actually serious about the bans. Now that the game is on, I say we ban everything known to cause harm. Why should the American people be protected from vaping, yet remain at risk from alcohol and tobacco?

I say us vapers start wearing masks over our mouths, to shield from the harmful constituents found in other people's exhaled breath. Sure that harm is negligible (like with 2nd hand vapor), but the point can easily be made that there are harmful constituents in most humans exhaled breath, and best to be on guard/protected from that. Get enough people doing it, and suddenly it could catch on. People with masks on everywhere (covering their noses and mouths)

Then when the inevitable backlash on that occurs and people (rightfully) warn that you can't get truly (seriously) ill from another person's exhaled breath, we vapers would be able to say the same thing is true with exhaled vapor.

And we win!

LOL, not actually joking about going this route, but I realize it probably won't happen. And still, human exhaled breath is on par with exhaled vapor.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm actually serious about the bans. Now that the game is on, I say we ban everything known to cause harm. Why should the American people be protected from vaping, yet remain at risk from alcohol, tobacco, firearms, steak knives, sugar, fast food, and Tide Pods?
More sarcasm. You know that can’t be done. You know that the whole thing is predicated on money and hysteria not reality. It’s not actually a statement about any of those things. It’s your point. All of those things you mentioned with the exception of tide pods (for which iirc steps were actually taken) are things that have been around for a very long time and are so pervasive in society that banning them is effectively impossible. Iirc the first vape type device was originally patented in the 1930’s. If vape devices were 80 some years old instead of 10 years old thud probably be equally impossible to remove.

The problem we’re having isn’t even years old though. It’s months old. Vapes were more or less safe for years then suddenly people start dying. What changed?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
If vape devices were 80 some years old instead of 10 years old thud probably be equally impossible to remove.

You actually think it possible to remove vaping stuff from society? Please tell me you're joking.

To lessen it? I agree. To eliminate it? I'd say there's as much chance of that as banning alcohol.

The problem we’re having isn’t even years old though. It’s months old. Vapes were more or less safe for years then suddenly people start dying. What changed?

Black market for THC vape, and desire to cut it so it looks just like pure stuff, even while it's infinitely more dangerous.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You actually think it possible to remove vaping stuff from society? Please tell me you're joking.
completely or almost completely? At this point completely? No. Almost completely? It looks like there are people trying. What I think doesn’t matter.
To lessen it? I agree. To eliminate it? I'd say there's as much chance of that as banning alcohol.

Black market for THC vape, and desire to cut it so it looks just like pure stuff, even while it's infinitely more dangerous.

• Agree

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
completely or almost completely? At this point completely? No. Almost completely? It looks like there are people trying. What I think doesn’t matter.

Then I'm here to tell you that they'll almost completely be banning alcohol very soon. Mark my words, and I'm sure you'll have as much faith in my words as I do yours.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread