Trump Admin To BAN Flavored E-Cigarettes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Then I'm here to tell you that they'll almost completely be banning alcohol very soon. Mark my words, and I'm sure you'll have as much faith in my words as I do yours.
I mark your words alright. How I mark them you might not like but they are marked.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
I say us vapers start wearing masks over our mouths, to shield from the harmful constituents found in other people's exhaled breath. Sure that harm is negligible (like with 2nd hand vapor), but the point can easily be made that there are harmful constituents in most humans exhaled breath, and best to be on guard/protected from that. Get enough people doing it, and suddenly it could catch on. People with masks on everywhere (covering their noses and mouths)

Then when the inevitable backlash on that occurs and people (rightfully) warn that you can't get truly (seriously) ill from another person's exhaled breath, we vapers would be able to say the same thing is true with exhaled vapor.

And we win!

LOL, not actually joking about going this route, but I realize it probably won't happen. And still, human exhaled breath is on par with exhaled vapor.
I'm waiting for despots to start ticketing people for farting... $50.00 per fart sound about right? For the "common good", of course!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
In a lot of ways, I think the big battle is not with the politicians, it's between vaping and big tobacco. It's an interesting dilemma. I think there will be backlash against vape bans, and most certainly a grey, and a black market.

I have no interest in those markets anymore, they're risky, and they promote dangerous behaviors.

There is no way on God's green earth alcohol is ever getting banned, OR cigarettes.

I think the fight may well be what HAPPENS once vaping is banned, just how much crime and death and well, bad stuff occurs.

It will be interesting. I like to think that vaping, like alcohol, well the prohibition will eventually be lifted. I don't know how long it will take, or what will have to go down. I do believe three may well come enough crime and problematic sort of things going on that the government may have to back off. But I'm not certain of that.

I am prepared to be very, very interested, I will tell you that. I also, while I certainly do not want to USE the grey/black market am very interested in participating in it in some ways, and in carrying a derringer in my garter. I mean, I probably won't but it would be a lot of interesting fun. I just couldn't do it because there are so many illegal things KILLING people already, participating in the vape part-- nah, don't want to. Even as a supplier, you don't know what you got.

I will supply everyone with batteries though, my kid works for a chain where that's all they sell like and light bulbs and they repairs stuff. He's just been promoted to corporate sales manager for his area, and I know how to incorporate. It's not HARD.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Liberty vs Despotism is a perpetual sliding scale...
That’s two different scales. It’s not liberty vs despotism.
It’s liberty vs bondage and democracy vs despotism.

It’s a narrow difference as democracy follows liberty and bondage follows despotism. It’s a very close relationship, but not exact.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
In a lot of ways, I think the big battle is not with the politicians, it's between vaping and big tobacco.
I agree. It’s merely that Big Tobacco is currently using government as a weapon
It's an interesting dilemma. I think there will be backlash against vape bans, and most certainly a grey, and a black market.

I have no interest in those markets anymore, they're risky, and they promote dangerous behaviors.

There is no way on God's green earth alcohol is ever getting banned, OR cigarettes.
I almost entirely agree. Everything but cigarettes. I consider that one improbable but not impossible. Banning cigarettes is a very very long term process. Use has to get to a number much much lower than it currently is at for it to become possible. That may yet happen. I doubt personally I’ll be alive to see it, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
I think the fight may well be what HAPPENS once vaping is banned, just how much crime and death and well, bad stuff occurs.

It will be interesting. I like to think that vaping, like alcohol, well the prohibition will eventually be lifted. I don't know how long it will take, or what will have to go down. I do believe three may well come enough crime and problematic sort of things going on that the government may have to back off. But I'm not certain of that.

I am prepared to be very, very interested, I will tell you that. I also, while I certainly do not want to USE the grey/black market am very interested in participating in it in some ways, and in carrying a derringer in my garter. I mean, I probably won't but it would be a lot of interesting fun. I just couldn't do it because there are so many illegal things KILLING people already, participating in the vape part-- nah, don't want to. Even as a supplier, you don't know what you got.

I will supply everyone with batteries though, my kid works for a chain where that's all they sell like and light bulbs and they repairs stuff. He's just been promoted to corporate sales manager for his area, and I know how to incorporate. It's not HARD.

Anna
Batteries, PG, and VG are all multi use items. We use power tool batteries, and PG and VG are both very widely used for all sorts of other things. 18650 batteries specifically could conceivably go out of use. Even 3.7v batteries could go out of use. It will Be market driven though.
The rugged one is clean nic.

• Agree

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
That’s two different scales. It’s not liberty vs despotism.
It’s liberty vs bondage and democracy vs despotism.

It’s a narrow difference as democracy follows liberty and bondage follows despotism. It’s a very close relationship, but not exact.
I feel better using liberty, as I didn't want to engage in a vs conversation. Since you brought it up, we [here in the USA] don't live in a democracy. A democracy is rule by majority. The USA is a representative republic. If you want to use constitutional democracy, or representative democracy, that would be fine with me.

The purpose of the US Constitution is to protect the minority from the majority.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I feel better using liberty, as I didn't want to engage in a vs conversation. Since you brought it up, we [here in the USA] don't live in a democracy. A democracy is rule by majority. The USA is a representative republic. If you want to use constitutional democracy, or representative democracy, that would be fine with me.

The purpose of the US Constitution, is to protect the minority, and the individual, from the majority.
I was talking terminology. What words mean. You’re flying off in a direction I never went which implies you were off in that direction anyway.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Ban e-cigs because they may be responsible for 9 deaths over the last several years? Why not ban alcohol?

"Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years."

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Well, we all saw this coming. I remember a story about folks running out of weed, so two hippie types tried smoking some local plants. Turned out the leaves they were puffing on were poison sumac.

Folks after cheap(er) or illegal (THC) thrills are going to DIY or buy some really stupid stuff to vape.

Useful legislation would be things like legalizing marijuana and focusing on quality controls. Personally, I hate the stuff, but there's no reason someone should be so desperate that they have to turn to black market carts or juices to get their jollies, which could be had with relative safety. Oy vey.

I kicked cigarettes when I turned 53; I turn 66 on saturday. Vaping saved my ..... I'd be in a world of hurt by now but for that alternative. I can still work all day and then go for a 5 mile run; that wouldn't be happening for sure by now.

Let's educate the FDA on their real job, and enlighten the clueless legislators that are savaging vaping. Even with the unfortunate deaths of the clueless or adventurous (uneducated) people that vaped some really nasty, black market crap-- clued-in vaping has saved a lot of folks and a lot of health care dollars, many times over.

Vaping should be accepted, quality controlled, and monitored, just like any food or drug in large public channels.

Good grief, Senators like Romney, who's bringing the hammer instead of making things actually better, annoy me. Could these guys be any more out of touch with reality?

You can add Durbin and Tammy to the list. They have no clue what they are talking about. One called vaping smoking. Good grief. Problem is they know it all.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
Should have one for governors and state legislators. They are the ones pushing these policies.

Yeah I wrote a pretty detailed letter to one of my Ohio Senators last week.

For all the good it'll do...

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
My guess, is that big tobacco intends on cornering the vaping market. Big tobacco wants sales profits, big gubmint wants tax revenue.

One possible scenario:
1. Gubmint bans e-cigarettes.
2. Big tobacco releases "new research" on vaping.
3. Big tobacco submits a bill to legalize vaping of "certified" liquids and devices; all of which would be owned exclusively by big tobacco.

They can try. Not sure many will be overly trusting or amenable to such notions. Interesting to see what a total boycott of big tobacco nets.

Bet we see a lot of politicians running for the hills. They'll be on the banking cartel's hit list as well as big tobacco and big phrama's list, not to mention the list of the People. Can almost feel sorry for them, almost.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
I'm actually serious about the bans. Now that the game is on, I say we ban everything known to cause harm. Why should the American people be protected from vaping, yet remain at risk from alcohol and tobacco?

Great! We can ban water then, and air, potatoes, furniture legs, we can even ban bans.

"And they ate the minstrels. All were happy. Yay!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread