Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I think it depends on what type of tobacco. Perique black for example does not need any steeping. HS Turkish on the other hand has no taste for me for nearly two weeks - none whatsoever, even at 6%. According to Danny45, one of those tobaccos will not even steep in an UC. It must be steeped naturally for a minimum of 5 weeks. Perhaps Danny will chime in. I know he reads these threads.

The only tobacco that would not speed steep for me was the TFA honey tobacco. I had to steep that naturally for 5 weeks before it lost the perfume taste and smell. I've since moved away from the TFA for inawera honey and FA orienial tobacco with a bit of TFA double chocolate dark. Those combined make a honey tobacco that will knock your socks off.

Oriental honey Chocolate tobacco

12mg 50/50 base

FA oriental tobacco 5%
TFA Double Chocolate dark 0.5%
Inawera honey 3 drops
AP 1%
sweetener 0.5%

Steep 3 weeks or speed steep 3 hours

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Isn't honey a sweetener by itself?

It's a sweet flavor but not a sweetener in itself. It can be used to add sweetness but also has a honey taste. Not all honeys are extremely sweet. This particular honey is more natural tasting then candy sweet.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Syrup-Honey?...SugarSweet...OP I believe your original dilemma (gunking) is heading in the wrong direction lol

Good point! I need to see how much gunking FA Maple Syrup will create. 2 ml Honey didn't create any noticeable gunking of flavor change, but then it didn't have any sweet flavor either.

BTW, I'm interested in only a touch of sweetness if needed, not like a dessert vape.

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Well I tried to tell you earlier lol...for tobacco...HS Indian-RY1-USA/Inawera Toni D Milano S'Camel- Smooth Leaf & Dirty Neutral Base...these are solid choices with no baggage...

Thanks again. I got into FA frenzy and got everything FA for now. I'm noting your suggestions :)

TINO D'MILANO labs. - Inawera Flavors

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Here are more tasting notes -- steeped two weeks. The flavors below are all FA:

Caramel 6%
Not very pleasant. I overshot this flavor. I think 3% would have been OK for this. At 4% too, it wasn't very enjoyable. I'm hesitant to mix this with the tobacco flavors at this point. But at least, I should mix this maybe 1% in a tobacco mix to see its overall effect.

Pineapple 6%
I also overshot this flavor. But at 4%, the flavor seemed weak--it was more like green apple skin. Perhaps 5% is the best level for me. Still it's not a very realistic pineapple flavor. It's fruity but in an artificial way. At low doses it might bring some interesting notes to the tobaccos. I'll also mix this maybe 1-2% in a tobacco mix to see its overall effect.

Cuban Supreme 3%
This has a flavor profile along the lines of Virginia but more dimmed and smoother. It also feels a tad bit sweeter than Virginia.

Cigar Passion 2.5%
This is the least tobaccoey flavor so far. Actually, I don't get much tobacco from this. It has floral and some caramel and faint touches of raisin and mint in it. It can be used in a tobacco mix for some background flavor.

It'll be interesting to see if and how Cuban Supreme and Cigar Passion will develop over the next month or so. Total steeping time will be 1.5 months at that point.

So far I'm very impressed by FA Virginia. In terms of variety of tobacco components to have in the toolbox, I'd only choose Virginia vs Burley, Cuban Supreme and Cigar Passion.

Desert Ship is so far a class of its own. It has multiple flavors going on. Perhaps some Cacao, Hazelnut and Fruit mixed it will make it a great exotic vape.

CoilMeister

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Mn
Chinook,

For authentic tobacco flavor my choice is Hangsen and inawera, once I switched to these I haven't looked back.
FA 7 leaves ultimate and desert ship are good in their own right however as an example inawera wera garden tobacco absolute Virginia is like chewing on a freshly cured tobacco leaf and Hangsen RY1 blindfolded tastes like a Pall Mall or Lucky, then if you play with mixes for these it's amazing. :vapor:

There is good reason why most vendors are often "out of stock" on the RY1.

Have you had a chance to mix a test batch of the Desert Ship and Cocoa?

Kurt

Last edited:

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
Chinook,

For authentic tobacco flavor my choice is Hangsen and inawera, once I switched to these I haven't looked back.
FA 7 leaves ultimate and desert ship are good in their own right however as an example inawera wera garden tobacco absolute Virginia is like chewing on a freshly cured tobacco leaf and Hangsen RY1 blindfolded tastes like a Pall Mall or Lucky, then if you play with mixes for these it's amazing. :vapor:

There is good reason why most vendors are often "out of stock" on the RY1.

Have you had a chance to mix a test batch of the Desert Ship and Cocoa?

Kurt

Thanks CoilMeister!

I haven't mixed Desert Ship and Cocoa yet. Juices have been steeping 2 weeks so for. After 3 weeks, I'll retest them and then start mixing them. I have only tasted single flavors by themselves so far.

Honestly, I'm concerned about the juices coming from China. I feel uneasy about them.

You guys/gals are giving Inawera tobacco high marks. I might need to try these too...

Chinook

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
OR, USA
From Inewera, so far we have these suggestions:

Toni D Milano S'Camel http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/tino-d-milano-ecig-aromas/444-s-camel-by-inawera-10-ml.html
Smooth Leaf I can't find this in Ineware site... http://www.bullcityvapor.com/classic-smooth-leaf-inw/
Dirty Neutral Base http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/13-neutral-base-dirty
Wera garden tobacco absolute Virginia Tobacco Absolute Virginia 10 ml - Inawera Flavors

Does tobacco absolute Virginia by itself taste more like fresh tobacco or more like the ashy component of an analog? I thought TA is more on the ashy side complementing other tobacco flavors. Is this one on the fresher side? I never used TA before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread