trying to find a buttonless cig-a-like

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
I've been ordering from smokeless image since 2012 - the last few years, in bulk a couple times a year. I didn't know we lost them until today. :(
I prefer the automatic cigar size cig-a-like batteries without a button . like the X2 volt.
I really don't like box mods.. or the pod things.
Might anyone know where to find this kind of battery anymore?
thanks

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Halos "cigar sized" batteries are automatic, they have buttons.

Vapor4life has 808 threaded automatic cigar-sized cigalikes similar to the X2 SI batteries. But they are very expensive.

There is also another place that claims to have them in stock but I had a bad experience with them so I don't recommend them. But you can try yourself if you are desperate. KR808d-1 Echo automatic Battery

Realize that these batteries, although 808 threaded, may not work properly with the SI cards or tanks (but they might). SI was not a true kr808 IMHO and their air holes at the bottom of the threads were very different from many of the true kr808s. So you have been warned.

I know you don't want to hear it, but you are better off switching to 510 eGo button batteries. 808 is long dead and what you are buying is very old stock, with the exception of Vapor4life (but you will pay dearly for it). 510 eGos are still easy to find at a reasonable price.

I know you don't want a pod, but there are some automatic pods out there.

Good luck.

• Optimistic

opal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just choked when I saw the vapor4life prices.
    I consider automatic to be auto draw - no buttons to push.. they throw me off.
    I've been using 510 - iclear 16 clearos and just putting the 808 bottoms on the ones from when SI had those... so I have a lot of 510 base clearos. Finding a no button battery has been challenging - unless I want a disposable ick.

• Optimistic

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just choked when I saw the vapor4life prices.
    I consider automatic to be auto draw - no buttons to push.. they throw me off.
    I've been using 510 - iclear 16 clearos and just putting the 808 bottoms on the ones from when SI had those... so I have a lot of 510 base clearos. Finding a no button battery has been challenging - unless I want a disposable ick.

I was chasing this rabbit down this rabbit hole about 5 months ago or so. The only automatic eGo 510 batteries I found were on Fasttech. I bought a couple. They are both already dead now and I probably put no more than 5 hours on each battery.

Other than that, I never found anymore. And I literally looked everywhere.

But I'm not a staunch "no button" vaper like you are anymore (I used to be). I only like to use an auto battery in either cigarette or cigar form factor every so often. But it's not necessary for me anymore. I dropped the need for automatic (aka buttonless aka auto-draw) batteries a long time ago. I got used to buttons rather quickly.

Like I said, you'll have a better time finding automatic pods than automatic eGo batteries, be it 510 or 808 threaded. Even then, there are way fewer automatic pods than button pods.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    There are lots of small auto-draw pods out there. They just have all sorts of odd shapes, a few are small and stick shaped.

I was looking at the I.O I.O Kit – A Better Vape Experience , but decided it was too small for me.

Also, Njoy is still around, but someone recently posted that they stopped doing internet sales.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Might anyone know where to find this kind of battery anymore?

Rocky Mountain Vapor has the 306 ones below for $5.00 each, but they also have a 30% off coupon code, which is TURKEY. They also have Free S/H at just $14 and up order total. There should be 306 to 510 adapters available somewhere...to allow you to use your Innokin iClear 16 clearomizers on them. I'll do some checking for them, too.

JOYE306 Batteries - Auto - $5.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Will also check my history on my computer, because I helped someone else find some automatic 510 or 808 batteries a few months ago. Also found the adapters needed for them, too.

There are also this type that have even been advertised lately on ECF. However, these particular ones, as well as many others like them...are only 280mAh, so they don't last long at all before needing to be charged. They're also IMO ridiculously expensive for what they are! Lots of them are available for vaping "other" stuff mainly.

AutoDraw 510 Battery

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Rocky Mountain Vapor has the 306 ones below for $5.00 each, but they also have a 30% off coupon code, which is TURKEY. They also have Free S/H at just $14 and up order total. There should be 306 to 510 adapters available somewhere...to allow you to use your Innokin iClear 16 clearomizers on them. I'll do some checking for them, too.

JOYE306 Batteries - Auto - $5.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Will also check my history on my computer, because I helped someone else find some automatic 510 or 808 batteries a few months ago. Also found the adapters needed for them, too.
    You so rock!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: If I could love your post twice, I would!! :hubba::hubba::hubba::hubba::hubba:

FYI, 306 atomizers are 510 threaded. No adapter needed.

Cheers
    I

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    FYI, 306 atomizers are 510 threaded. No adapter needed.

I didn't know the 306 batteries were 510 threaded. I assumed they were called 306, like 808 and others...meaning a different threading than the 510. :) I guess that's why RMV shows them as JoyeTech 510/306 batteries. :facepalm:

I guess she should jump on several of those then, huh...especially at only $3.50 with the discount!

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I didn't know the 306 batteries were 510 threaded. I assumed they were called 306, like 808 and others...meaning a different threading than the 510. :) I guess that's why RMV shows them as JoyeTech 510/306 batteries. :facepalm:

I guess she should jump on several of those then, huh...especially at only $3.50 with the discount!
    306 and 510 are basically the same internally, 306 does not have a fixed external barrel like a 510.
    306 cartridges fit over the atomizer and 510 cartridges fit into the atomizer. Both share the same (male) threading; 510.
    306V510.jpg

306 (L) 510 (R)

Cheers
    I

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    • Agree
    Reactions: opal

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Thanks.. I'm on it!

The 1100mAh ones above have been Out of Stock for awhile, even though it shows Availability: In Stock, on their website. That's why the dropdown box won't work to select a color, the quantity box is grayed out and non-working, and the Add to Cart button is the same way.

Their CS person said they're not sure when/if they'll get more, but you could leave your email or phone # and they'd notify you. By the way, they're located in Hollywood, FL. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread