Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
either way choice of atty wouldn't be restricted and either way anything up to and including 22mm would fit fine. anything OVER 22mm could also be used, but that would overhang the edge of the mod. I never had anything over 22mm and doubt I ever will...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Or you go big, and offer nifty cones and rings and things for Nuppins 'n such.
JMKUM004.jpg

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well folks, gotta tell you, I got a chance to see the prototype in person,
for a DNA200 with two 18650s, this thing is tiny,

I'm stoked!

As you should be....especially considering you're #1 on the list :)
Got a block picked out yet? ;)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I was never a fan of those rings and adapter type things

yeah met up with Bob this evening, he gave me a few varitube 510's so I can get a jump on testing them while waiting for a shipment of my own and we also discussed the dna75 mod that I'm also developing. great guy to bs with, thanks again for the 510's, next time beers are on me :)

these varitube 510's are very impressive. I was curios as to what they came up with as a way to seal them with the spring loaded threaded shaft and the way they do the sealing is pretty cool. it uses a tiny lip seal at the top of the pin contact that acts kinda like a syringe seal in the bore of the peek housing for the spring, very ingenious design. I couldn't quite picture how they would pull this off, but the tolerances are very precise to make something like this work and work it does. I'm going to make an effort tomorrow in trying to adapt my design to this 510, it really is that good from my initial impressions. it may require adding a few mm's to the mod but I think it will be well worth it for a 510 that will require no servicing or maintenance and very trouble free design. the usable spring range is really dialed in nicely, this is a very nice bf 510, best commercial self adjusting 510 I've ever seen by far. mine was good, better than anything else out there so far but I gotta admit I think this one may be better just from the standpoint that the range is a bit wider and it will need no real servicing in use. my design was very easy to service and guaranteed leak proof and short proof but no servicing is def better than easy servicing, so I really want to go with this 510. I will make it happen even if it means scrapping the 510's and even the mod bodies I've milled so far. I want the initial released mod to be 110%, this 510 is def sweet :)

honestly I think my design gives a much better seal but I think the VT design should seal well enough and the vt design beats mine in stroke and bind free return, my design uses viscoelastic as means of compression where the VT uses a spring which is why it's maintenance free. I wish someone made a wave spring this tiny, then the vt design could be made much more compact. my design is much more compact but I think I can adapt to the vt design

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
wow, totally sleepless night thinking about having to add 4mm to the width of this mod, .15", 15 hundredths of an inch... it don't sound like much and I guess it really isn't that much but I've spent the last month trying to shave every last hundredth of an inch off everywhere I can. couldn't sleep at all last night tossing and turning just thinking about this, keep trying to come up with an alternative but I don't see any way yet to switch out to the VT 510 without adding this small amount to the width of the mod... is it worth it?

I cringe at the thought of adding anything at all to the size of this mod. I mean right now it is an awesome size. seeing it in person along side any other mod it's hard to even comprehend how it can actually have 2 18650's in it yet still be so close in size to most average single 18650 mods... adding to the size in any way just hurts me to even think about, but then again, on the other hand I also cringe at the perception some may have of the possibility of ever having to maybe change an insulator in my own 510 design. I mean it is actually very easy to do and I think anyone who can build and mount a coil can also do it easily enough, probably about as easy as adjusting many other adjustable 510's really but, I can see this also maybe not sitting too well with some people too, so it probably just makes the most sense switching over the the VT 510... I'm going to try to build a mod body today with the VT 510 and see how it feels in hand. realistically .15" should be barely perceivable so why do I feel like it's going to be so detrimental... gotta play in the shop later and see what I can do here :)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
The only way to solve this dilemma is to use it :) but as someone who's not very handy with tools, I cringe at the thought of doing something wrong and screwing up an expensive mod and then having to send it halfway around the globe and back to have it fixed.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
. I wish someone made a wave spring this tiny, then the vt design could be made much more compact. my design is much more compact but I think I can adapt to the vt design
Do you mean like the Evolve 510? Its not a BF 510 but it has the wave spring thing.

Evolv 510 Connector

6d33dc05b679a13eb2adbc0e07b7eb7f.jpg

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
I wish someone made a wave spring this tiny, then the vt design could be made much more compact. my design is much more compact but I think I can adapt to the vt design
Problem with the wave spring is the thickness due to flat wire versus round making the OD larger. We looked at those, but with 26lbs of force on the tiny spring we found, it just fit the design perfectly for our application. The length of the 510 was due to having to account for so many atty thread lengths. Being able to give a 3.5mm to 5.5mm working area was high priority. The wave spring could shorten the atty, but reduce working area and also would have to increase the diameter of the 510. Not saying it couldn't be done, but we were just staying within the bounds of what we had already been working with for so long.

Anyway, glad you like them and hope you don't mind me posting on your thread. Toss me a chat sometime and have some input into a possible version 2 sometime.

Take care brother! Happy to see you're a vendor now too, always enjoyed seeing your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread