Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
man i see now that I did just mention skillzizzo and I failed to mention you, I just decided to not keep a list of just one or 2 names for a mod that hasn't even developed yet so I can see where you can have felt ignored and I apologize for that, that's why I specifically said if I missed anyone please let me know... I admit I did miss mentioning you, for that I really do apologize it really was an oversight on my part man, I'm sorry about that like I said the minute it becomes a real possibility I will do whatever I can to hook you up

Tiedjan

Aug 14, 2016
Absolutely no problem bro. Just that I dream about this amazing mod almost every single day since I'm on the list!
I've read every single post you've sent here, and understand how difficult it is to stand up for you, with all costs in money and time. Also the health problems you've been struggling with. And hope you're now fine with your back.
Also I can figure that dna 200 mods isn't at same perfection point as 75, due to lack of people interested. And you have to go first with mods you can earn money with.
Just have been shocked a bit, but I understand everything you say and can't complain (much than I already did... Haha).
I wish you the best bro, and I'll wait to see where this can go. I'll be patient and see if some ultem 200 finally find there way. That's just the mod I want the most since I'm in vaping.
Peace

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
brother I really am sorry and I genuinely feel bad about this. to be honest I've been thinking about maybe developing a more standard type dna200 in ultem that will just take a more conventional lipo setup. I of course love my original over and under design, I mean i started my whole venture here with only that one design in mind, but if you've been following here then you can see how once I started doing the 75's they just winded up taking over the whole friggin list, then once I started to play with ultem that just winded up taking over all of my wood.... I wanted to build wood 200's and winded up with only demand for ultem 75's :D

trust me I will develop a 200 ultem, here is why I need to do this way more than you could ever really want it yourself

IMG_0203_zpsja7dwmii.jpg

each one of those boxes contains a brand new dna200 chip that have been bought and paid for before I even started this thread.... I didn't even zoom in and count them because that would just start to depress me but this is money sitting there that I don't have to waste at this point. as you can see, I want a 200 at least as much as you do, probably even more :)

I know my over and under design is cool and I do love it personally but only a very fw people have ver really even wanted one of them. to develop that now in ultem it's just a bit too much of a challenge, especially if it's not going to be popular at all. what are your thoughts on settling for a more conventional lipo type deal? I mean to me at this point that's probably the more practical way for me to go here... maybe it won't be as cool as the over and under design but I'm thinking I could probably still make it pretty cool I think...

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
pretty much, similar to what the 75 is, but a little but wider... not going to have the capacity of dual 18650's but truth is the dual 18650's was just so much power reserve capacity that you would empty the bottle and still have half battery life left, so almost in a way even more battery than you really need in a way... don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of that over and under design, I think it's unique and does something in a way that no other mod can do, but by being so unconventional it just really didn't attract a whole ton of people really

building a mod like that from ultem is just a whole different animal from building it with wood...

Last edited:

Tiedjan

Aug 14, 2016
Yeah I'm OK with you. Love your initial design. But you need to have something you can sell.
Well, I think I could live with your lipo design, looks like a good alternative.
Please put me in for the next batch with this design, and ultem's finishes I asked before, if you can find them back...

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah all of this talk has made me think of the first design I had and of your mod and a few others... I've built way more 75's now than I ever built of those design really, I can only think of 4 or 5 really nice ones that I've built, yours is def up there in that small group, one of the top 3 maybe :)

Hashdabbem

Feb 4, 2017
Hey guys, ok at this point I have pretty much worked my way through the whole list here, some have gotten mods, some have been offered mods in the current batch or already have a mod coming in this current batch I'm starting now, some would like to be reminded again when the next batch comes up, and of course some have dropped out or just disappeared.

now to tell you the truth I'm going to now kinda change the way the list works at this point and simplify things a bit. first of all I don't see much point in still maintaining the whole
PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE section because lets face it, if you are still undecided and haven't chosen to select a mod to order from me by now then the truth is you are just in the same boat as virtually any other member here either on or off of my list, so no need to just keep this constantly hanging over your head, so that section is now GONE. everyone on ECF is now officially classified as PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE until they actually decide they want a mod from me :D

the wood section is also I guess kind of dead at this point, or at least reduced to just a small thing that I'm still very up for, but then there's not so much interest here at this point. I am working on 3 wood mods right now that have been in the works for a while now and I do have one member here, Kelt who has jumped in after this current batch of woods already started so he will be up next for my next batch of woods but other than that wood interest has seemed to dwindle here and has been replaced by most with the desire for ultem really, so I will still keep a running list of those that would like to be notified for the next batch of woods but this list contains only one name at this point which is Kelt. thanks bro and I will get to you as soon as I get the current batches all done and I'm ready to do another run of wood.

like I said the ultems are all either taken care of, or being taken care of in my current batch at this point and I will no longer maintain a running list for the ultems. instead what I will do is announce here each time I do start a new batch and who ever does want one at that time can be included on a first come first serve basis, but I WILL maintain a list of those who would like me to notify them when the next batch does come up... this list will just be a reminder for both me and you so I can contact you to give you a heads up that I am starting a new batch but it does not obligate you to anything, just a "hey bro, new batch is starting now if you want in" kind of thing. I do this for several reasons, one is because I don't want anyone to feel obligated to anything and another is I also don't want to feel like I'm hounding anyone or chasing after them for a commitment the they have made here.

I'm hoping to now do batches of ultem mods on a regular somewhat monthly basis and if you do want an ultem mod from me then let me know and I'll put you on this reminder list and hit you up in the next batch with a reminder. I'll also from time to time just post up a random mod that may be for sale at the moment here, either wood or ultem...

as far as dna200 ultems, the truth is I really do want to finish developing an ultem dna200 but the demand here and even on facebook has been very low for the 200 and I've been so tied up with the dna75's which are in much higher demand, so I never really got around to putting so much effort into the dna200 design as it would translate to the ultem material. I do plan on doing something with them eventually as I actually have a whole bunch of dna200 chips that I bought back when I started this whole thing, but as it stands right now there are only 2 people on my list for 200's and now one of them has just switched over to a 75 in my current batch, so that leaves just one sole person on the list for a 200 which is Skilzizzo. now I do know that he does really want a 200 and I am planning on working on the development of that for him this month as time allows, but truth is the 200 demand has been really low. perhaps it will be re-inspired when I do finally get a 200 developed and actually shown here... guess we'll see about that :) probably going to develop a more conventional lipo setup for the 200 in ultem at this point. 200's in wood with my existing "over and under" design are still available if you are so inclined, but hey, guess we can see how much interest there is there at the moment :p

now the last section of my list is for people who are speculative about a dna60 mod that truth is I haven't fully developed yet either, the dna60's are just now starting to slowly roll out from evolv and even my recent contact with them as recent as this week has indicated to me that they are starting to roll out but are still kinda in a backlog state. hopefully within the next month or so the situation there will improve and eventually when the 60's are more readily available then rest assured I'll be on it. now most of those that are on my speculative list for 60's are also people I know and people who generally follow my thread anyway so I don't really see much point in just carrying that list over just for the sake of carrying a list. when the 60's come they will know, and being mostly friends of mine at this point they will also probably be among the first that I will be building 60's for anyway, so I won't be maintaining the list of people for a mod that doesn't even exist at this point either...

so there you have it.... the long complicated list has now been reduced to nothing more than a reminder list for those who want a heads up when the next batch is coming and the really short list of those who want a wood mod from me when it is available. that's it. now this doesn't mean that I don't want anyone to still post here that they want a mod or anything else of course, just that no one will really have to get on a list here to get a mod, they can just jump into the current batch when they want to. the only real "list" at this point is for wood, which has winded up becoming more of a special order type side thing than a mainstay for me at this point really, and again, one guy on that list right now :)

SO, all of that being said, HERE is the new updated list bringing it foward

**************UPDATED LIST:********************

wanting a wood mod:

1.Kelt

reminder when the next batch of ultem's is up:

1.ghola1was
2.hotsauc333
3.havok333

that's it, much simpler list there^ huh? :)

if anyone else would like a reminder here each time I start a new ultem batch just let me know and I'll add you here... being on this list means that you will be notified before the next new batch is announced here so you should be almost guaranteed a spot in the batch if you really want one and either check in often OR set up to be alerted when you receive a new message here. I don't want to have to feel like I'm chasing anyone down or hounding anyone to buy one of my mods. I only want you to buy one if you really do want it and if you can afford it at the time, no pressure or commitments here either way. anyone who really does want one then just let me know and I will do whatever I can to accommodate you...

I think i have reached out to everyone on my list here at one point or another but if anyone here feels that they have been skipped over or ignored or just missed in any way, then PLEASE contact me. I did not intensionally skip or ignore anyone, but I have sent out several PM"s that have went unanswered too, so contact me about anything here, I only want you to be happy with my mod if you do so choose to get one but don't want anyone to feel any pressure or obligation... that is all and thank you all for your continued support and love, I really do appreciate you guys more than you know and PLEASE keep the pictures coming if you received your mod and are happy with it. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep bumping my own thread or feel like I'm pushing anyone to buy anything from me and I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep promoting banter, cross talk and misc BS just to keep my thread up at the top, but I am still going to be very active here as I always have, in some ways even more so as my production is now becoming more stream lined and refined, so please feel free to post anything here as usual and even though I may not post here every day, rest assured that I do still check in every day here as I always have :)
Would really love to be notified for the next batch of ultem. Keep up the amazing work

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
do you? hell I mean if you guys really want me to keep a speculative list here then I guess I can do that, but realistically when I do develop the 200 then I'll release a first run batch of at least 10 or so which would give you guys all of the same opportunity as if you were on a list anyway really... I'd rather not have a stupid list hanging over both of our heads... not a whole lot of point to it but if any of you feel different then I guess I'll do a list...

I never used to get why Peter hated lists but over the last period of time that I've had this thread here I now completely get it... lists kinda suck in a lot of ways... you guys that are always on top of following me will be just as "in" as if you were on a list anyway bro.... don't worry even without a list I don't forget my people here...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I never used to get why Peter hated lists but over the last period of time that I've had this thread here I now completely get it...
The problems you have encountered are mostly the reason why Pete and Corey have lists, but they are never published and the only ones that can add or subtract someone from them is themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread