Status
Not open for further replies.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Given my tendency to drop every mod I've ever owned, I'm very pleased with my artfully distressed choice [emoji6]
b92971936270d9a7358c15ae6691001a.jpg

Master of Bassetts

Fixed it for ya Gigs...:D

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Hey guys, ok at this point I have pretty much worked my way through the whole list here, some have gotten mods, some have been offered mods in the current batch or already have a mod coming in this current batch I'm starting now, some would like to be reminded again when the next batch comes up, and of course some have dropped out or just disappeared.

now to tell you the truth I'm going to now kinda change the way the list works at this point and simplify things a bit. first of all I don't see much point in still maintaining the whole
PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE section because lets face it, if you are still undecided and haven't chosen to select a mod to order from me by now then the truth is you are just in the same boat as virtually any other member here either on or off of my list, so no need to just keep this constantly hanging over your head, so that section is now GONE. everyone on ECF is now officially classified as PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE until they actually decide they want a mod from me :D

the wood section is also I guess kind of dead at this point, or at least reduced to just a small thing that I'm still very up for, but then there's not so much interest here at this point. I am working on 3 wood mods right now that have been in the works for a while now and I do have one member here, Kelt who has jumped in after this current batch of woods already started so he will be up next for my next batch of woods but other than that wood interest has seemed to dwindle here and has been replaced by most with the desire for ultem really, so I will still keep a running list of those that would like to be notified for the next batch of woods but this list contains only one name at this point which is Kelt. thanks bro and I will get to you as soon as I get the current batches all done and I'm ready to do another run of wood.

like I said the ultems are all either taken care of, or being taken care of in my current batch at this point and I will no longer maintain a running list for the ultems. instead what I will do is announce here each time I do start a new batch and who ever does want one at that time can be included on a first come first serve basis, but I WILL maintain a list of those who would like me to notify them when the next batch does come up... this list will just be a reminder for both me and you so I can contact you to give you a heads up that I am starting a new batch but it does not obligate you to anything, just a "hey bro, new batch is starting now if you want in" kind of thing. I do this for several reasons, one is because I don't want anyone to feel obligated to anything and another is I also don't want to feel like I'm hounding anyone or chasing after them for a commitment the they have made here.

I'm hoping to now do batches of ultem mods on a regular somewhat monthly basis and if you do want an ultem mod from me then let me know and I'll put you on this reminder list and hit you up in the next batch with a reminder. I'll also from time to time just post up a random mod that may be for sale at the moment here, either wood or ultem...

as far as dna200 ultems, the truth is I really do want to finish developing an ultem dna200 but the demand here and even on facebook has been very low for the 200 and I've been so tied up with the dna75's which are in much higher demand, so I never really got around to putting so much effort into the dna200 design as it would translate to the ultem material. I do plan on doing something with them eventually as I actually have a whole bunch of dna200 chips that I bought back when I started this whole thing, but as it stands right now there are only 2 people on my list for 200's and now one of them has just switched over to a 75 in my current batch, so that leaves just one sole person on the list for a 200 which is Skilzizzo. now I do know that he does really want a 200 and I am planning on working on the development of that for him this month as time allows, but truth is the 200 demand has been really low. perhaps it will be re-inspired when I do finally get a 200 developed and actually shown here... guess we'll see about that :) probably going to develop a more conventional lipo setup for the 200 in ultem at this point. 200's in wood with my existing "over and under" design are still available if you are so inclined, but hey, guess we can see how much interest there is there at the moment :p

now the last section of my list is for people who are speculative about a dna60 mod that truth is I haven't fully developed yet either, the dna60's are just now starting to slowly roll out from evolv and even my recent contact with them as recent as this week has indicated to me that they are starting to roll out but are still kinda in a backlog state. hopefully within the next month or so the situation there will improve and eventually when the 60's are more readily available then rest assured I'll be on it. now most of those that are on my speculative list for 60's are also people I know and people who generally follow my thread anyway so I don't really see much point in just carrying that list over just for the sake of carrying a list. when the 60's come they will know, and being mostly friends of mine at this point they will also probably be among the first that I will be building 60's for anyway, so I won't be maintaining the list of people for a mod that doesn't even exist at this point either...

so there you have it.... the long complicated list has now been reduced to nothing more than a reminder list for those who want a heads up when the next batch is coming and the really short list of those who want a wood mod from me when it is available. that's it. now this doesn't mean that I don't want anyone to still post here that they want a mod or anything else of course, just that no one will really have to get on a list here to get a mod, they can just jump into the current batch when they want to. the only real "list" at this point is for wood, which has winded up becoming more of a special order type side thing than a mainstay for me at this point really, and again, one guy on that list right now :)

SO, all of that being said, HERE is the new updated list bringing it foward

**************UPDATED LIST:********************

wanting a wood mod:

1.Kelt

reminder when the next batch of ultem's is up:

1.ghola1was
2.hotsauc333
3.havok333

that's it, much simpler list there^ huh? :)

if anyone else would like a reminder here each time I start a new ultem batch just let me know and I'll add you here... being on this list means that you will be notified before the next new batch is announced here so you should be almost guaranteed a spot in the batch if you really want one and either check in often OR set up to be alerted when you receive a new message here. I don't want to have to feel like I'm chasing anyone down or hounding anyone to buy one of my mods. I only want you to buy one if you really do want it and if you can afford it at the time, no pressure or commitments here either way. anyone who really does want one then just let me know and I will do whatever I can to accommodate you...

I think i have reached out to everyone on my list here at one point or another but if anyone here feels that they have been skipped over or ignored or just missed in any way, then PLEASE contact me. I did not intensionally skip or ignore anyone, but I have sent out several PM"s that have went unanswered too, so contact me about anything here, I only want you to be happy with my mod if you do so choose to get one but don't want anyone to feel any pressure or obligation... that is all and thank you all for your continued support and love, I really do appreciate you guys more than you know and PLEASE keep the pictures coming if you received your mod and are happy with it. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep bumping my own thread or feel like I'm pushing anyone to buy anything from me and I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep promoting banter, cross talk and misc BS just to keep my thread up at the top, but I am still going to be very active here as I always have, in some ways even more so as my production is now becoming more stream lined and refined, so please feel free to post anything here as usual and even though I may not post here every day, rest assured that I do still check in every day here as I always have :)

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Hey guys, ok at this point I have pretty much worked my way through the whole list here, some have gotten mods, some have been offered mods in the current batch or already have a mod coming in this current batch I'm starting now, some would like to be reminded again when the next batch comes up, and of course some have dropped out or just disappeared.

now to tell you the truth I'm going to now kinda change the way the list works at this point and simplify things a bit. first of all I don't see much point in still maintaining the whole
PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE section because lets face it, if you are still undecided and haven't chosen to select a mod to order from me by now then the truth is you are just in the same boat as virtually any other member here either on or off of my list, so no need to just keep this constantly hanging over your head, so that section is now GONE. everyone on ECF is now officially classified as PENDING DECISION/OPEN CHOICE until they actually decide they want a mod from me :D

the wood section is also I guess kind of dead at this point, or at least reduced to just a small thing that I'm still very up for, but then there's not so much interest here at this point. I am working on 3 wood mods right now that have been in the works for a while now and I do have one member here, Kelt who has jumped in after this current batch of woods already started so he will be up next for my next batch of woods but other than that wood interest has seemed to dwindle here and has been replaced by most with the desire for ultem really, so I will still keep a running list of those that would like to be notified for the next batch of woods but this list contains only one name at this point which is Kelt. thanks bro and I will get to you as soon as I get the current batches all done and I'm ready to do another run of wood.

like I said the ultems are all either taken care of, or being taken care of in my current batch at this point and I will no longer maintain a running list for the ultems. instead what I will do is announce here each time I do start a new batch and who ever does want one at that time can be included on a first come first serve basis, but I WILL maintain a list of those who would like me to notify them when the next batch does come up... this list will just be a reminder for both me and you so I can contact you to give you a heads up that I am starting a new batch but it does not obligate you to anything, just a "hey bro, new batch is starting now if you want in" kind of thing. I do this for several reasons, one is because I don't want anyone to feel obligated to anything and another is I also don't want to feel like I'm hounding anyone or chasing after them for a commitment the they have made here.

I'm hoping to now do batches of ultem mods on a regular somewhat monthly basis and if you do want an ultem mod from me then let me know and I'll put you on this reminder list and hit you up in the next batch with a reminder. I'll also from time to time just post up a random mod that may be for sale at the moment here, either wood or ultem...

as far as dna200 ultems, the truth is I really do want to finish developing an ultem dna200 but the demand here and even on facebook has been very low for the 200 and I've been so tied up with the dna75's which are in much higher demand, so I never really got around to putting so much effort into the dna200 design as it would translate to the ultem material. I do plan on doing something with them eventually as I actually have a whole bunch of dna200 chips that I bought back when I started this whole thing, but as it stands right now there are only 2 people on my list for 200's and now one of them has just switched over to a 75 in my current batch, so that leaves just one sole person on the list for a 200 which is Skilzizzo. now I do know that he does really want a 200 and I am planning on working on the development of that for him this month as time allows, but truth is the 200 demand has been really low. perhaps it will be re-inspired when I do finally get a 200 developed and actually shown here... guess we'll see about that :) probably going to develop a more conventional lipo setup for the 200 in ultem at this point. 200's in wood with my existing "over and under" design are still available if you are so inclined, but hey, guess we can see how much interest there is there at the moment :p

now the last section of my list is for people who are speculative about a dna60 mod that truth is I haven't fully developed yet either, the dna60's are just now starting to slowly roll out from evolv and even my recent contact with them as recent as this week has indicated to me that they are starting to roll out but are still kinda in a backlog state. hopefully within the next month or so the situation there will improve and eventually when the 60's are more readily available then rest assured I'll be on it. now most of those that are on my speculative list for 60's are also people I know and people who generally follow my thread anyway so I don't really see much point in just carrying that list over just for the sake of carrying a list. when the 60's come they will know, and being mostly friends of mine at this point they will also probably be among the first that I will be building 60's for anyway, so I won't be maintaining the list of people for a mod that doesn't even exist at this point either...

so there you have it.... the long complicated list has now been reduced to nothing more than a reminder list for those who want a heads up when the next batch is coming and the really short list of those who want a wood mod from me when it is available. that's it. now this doesn't mean that I don't want anyone to still post here that they want a mod or anything else of course, just that no one will really have to get on a list here to get a mod, they can just jump into the current batch when they want to. the only real "list" at this point is for wood, which has winded up becoming more of a special order type side thing than a mainstay for me at this point really, and again, one guy on that list right now :)

SO, all of that being said, HERE is the new updated list bringing it foward

**************UPDATED LIST:********************

wanting a wood mod:

1.Kelt

reminder when the next batch of ultem's is up:

1.ghola1was
2.hotsauc333
3.havok333

that's it, much simpler list there^ huh? :)

if anyone else would like a reminder here each time I start a new ultem batch just let me know and I'll add you here... being on this list means that you will be notified before the next new batch is announced here so you should be almost guaranteed a spot in the batch if you really want one and either check in often OR set up to be alerted when you receive a new message here. I don't want to have to feel like I'm chasing anyone down or hounding anyone to buy one of my mods. I only want you to buy one if you really do want it and if you can afford it at the time, no pressure or commitments here either way. anyone who really does want one then just let me know and I will do whatever I can to accommodate you...

I think i have reached out to everyone on my list here at one point or another but if anyone here feels that they have been skipped over or ignored or just missed in any way, then PLEASE contact me. I did not intensionally skip or ignore anyone, but I have sent out several PM"s that have went unanswered too, so contact me about anything here, I only want you to be happy with my mod if you do so choose to get one but don't want anyone to feel any pressure or obligation... that is all and thank you all for your continued support and love, I really do appreciate you guys more than you know and PLEASE keep the pictures coming if you received your mod and are happy with it. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep bumping my own thread or feel like I'm pushing anyone to buy anything from me and I'm not the kind of guy who wants to keep promoting banter, cross talk and misc BS just to keep my thread up at the top, but I am still going to be very active here as I always have, in some ways even more so as my production is now becoming more stream lined and refined, so please feel free to post anything here as usual and even though I may not post here every day, rest assured that I do still check in every day here as I always have :)

Sounds good to me! I will wait your notice regarding the 60's :D

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah man everyone is waiting for the dna60's to start to become more readily available :) the dna60 is the dream chip that everyone has really wished for since the days that the dna200 was even first announced, aside from the 60 watt limitation it has all of the functionality of the dna200 but in a single cell configuration and on the same basic platform as the original dna20-30-40's... not to say the 75 is bad, it's actually a really good chip but the 60's have some advantages over the 75's really

now even though it is a smaller chip than the 75's and 200's it does also have a daughterboard for the usb that kinda makes the total size closer to the overall size as the 75's and 200's than the original dna20-30-40's, but since it is a separate board it allows some more creative placement too...

I have heard good things about the Dicodes chips but to tell you the truth I think I like the escribe interface better as an interface for all of the more detailed settings, rather than having to go through a whole bunch of complicated and cryptic menus on the mod itself. with the Dicodes it seems that you almost have to carry an instruction sheet around with you just to figure out all of the settings and adjustments, where the dna's are just much simpler and more straight foward. I also am very impressed with Evolv's customer service and how good they are to the modders community so honestly I'm very loyal to them, don't know if I'd ever really do a Dicodes mod to tell you the truth...

I originally thought to use the 60 to make a more micro mod simply because of it's smaller size, I actually built a tiny little 60 mod prototype already a while ago, but to tell you the truth a mod like that would be more of a novelty or specialty type thing that's def not for everyone, rather than a more standard typical EDC mod, so I will also build a more standard typical 18650 version of the 60 mod that will probably be almost the same really as my current 75 mod.

I'm also playing with a few 20700 batteries that seem to be really good, 20-25% more power density than the 18650's according to Mooch but only a few mm's larger. def the newest hottest battery out there right now, I guess it remains to be seen how much the new 20700's will wind up eventually replacing the more standard 18650's that we all know and love. I am making a few prototype 20700 mods to play with them a bit and see, def looks promising and since they are a few mm's larger in diameter they actually pair very well with the 10ml bottles, so now we are looking at a mod with more capacity for not that much more size really :) I guess these are things to look foward to in the near future

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah and we are taking about an increase in width by maybe 5mm or so, about the same increase in thickness... not that big of a difference really... the batteries are also around 5mm taller but that's not even really much of a factor in a regulated mod like this and can probably be absorbed within the same overall size of the mod as it is now with a little creative manipulation.

the biggest issue for me really is I buy this ultem in 1" thick sheets and the 1" is kind of just thick enough for the 18650 with my current design really, so stepping up to the 20700 will require me to now buy 1 1/4" sheets just to be able to get that extra 5mm in the thickness. adds about 25% to the cost of the ultem material... I guess this doesn't really increase the cost of each mod by much really but I don't have any ultem material in stock over the 1" thickness. my next stock order will probably be for 1 1/4" instead of the 1" I have always used so far

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

Tiedjan

Aug 14, 2016
Damn! I've been patiently waiting for my DNA 200 mod for months, and I'm outta list, even outta interested people! I was very specific about the way I want it, though. Not at all undecided. Was hoping to final order it 1 month or less around my birthday, February 15th...
Damn, I'm sooo disappointed!
Sorry Turbo, just the way I feel right now. I understand you've got to manage a bunch of orders and undecided peoples. Hope you'll have success this way.
See ya

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
Tiedjan man really I don't mean to disappoint anyone, I have wanted to make an ultem 200 mod for a while now, I want it for myself just as much as you want it bro, like I said I def do want to eventually be able to develop one and I do expect that I will one day do so but please try to understand that I also kinda need to make a living here too.

I promise you that I will contact you the second this does wind up becoming possible I'm not looking to alienate anyone or refuse anyone but understand that developing a mod like this takes a huge investment in time and tooling procedures and the first mod that is built as a one-off can literally wind up costing ME thousands for the first one.... it's only by spreading those development costs and investment over the larger amount of building them after that this initial investment winds up returning.

I'm disappointed that there is not that much other demand here for it but it's kind of hard for me to invest well over 100 hours and sacrifice hundreds of dollars in materials during the R&D phase to develop a mod that only one or 2 or even 3 people want. I can build you a wood one tomorrow, I've already invested in the whole complicated development procedure there and I have a repeatable process now in place to do it, but brother I can't just spend the next few weeks on only trying to build a mod for one guy... you would never want to pay what that would cost and of course I wouldn't expect you to either. ultem is a really hard material to work with and is very expensive and it's far from easy for me to translate my original design over to something that will work in ultem. if it was easy then believe me I would have done it already.

I honestly didn't want to alienate anyone with the whole changing of the way I do the list here it's just that the list has been a huge pain at times because I would look at the list thinking ok these guys def want this, then come to find out that many of them are either gone or can't follow through when the time comes and it made me feel like an idiot chasing after people and trusting in something that can just be hit or miss sometimes... one guy on a list is a kinda hard thing to deal with.... if you want I will put a list back for you with just one name on it for a mod that isn't even developed yet if that makes you feel better but brother please try to understand my position here a little too. like I said I don't mean to make aNYONE feel ignored and I'm VERY glad you posted here because I do so want to address this and do what I can here. I will build one for you if I possibly can bro, I want one, you want one and I know of one other modder friend of mine here who has wanted one from me too since I first started discussing the possibility... it may still happen and I'm sorry if I made you feel nothing otherwise man

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
later when i'm back in the shop I'm going to show you a picture of my stack of DNA200 chips, thousands of dollars worth of chips just sitting there... believe me I have way more desire to se it happen than you ever could have... it's not because I'm being lazy or just want to ignore one guy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread