UGH....did YOU have side effects???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
My article at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ing-your-symptoms-while-adjusting-vaping.html may be helpful to people reading this thread.

TikiSteve, your symptoms sound very much like a nicotine overdose. But from your description of the amount you vaped that doesn't make sense. I think you've had a very unusual reaction to something and I concur with you, it would be best not to jump into this again. I'd suggest you approach any smoking alternative (patches, gum, snus, vaping) with caution - try just a very small amount and increase slowly until you're sure you don't have a negative reaction.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Just trying to pinpoint what is causing hives. They started about two months after starting to vape. Stepping back from PG and seeing improvement. Need to figure out what to stay away from.
Someone talked about needing Benadryl with PG-based liquids here.

If you are going to look for VG-only, that list is now incomplete (silly to maintain 2 separate lists.) Use List of 16 vg-based e-liquid suppliers. There are actually more than 16. It looks like VG is catching on.

I really wanted to go VG-only but I find that's what makes my throat too dry. A blend of the two works best for me.

slybootz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Chicago
www.jimmyk.rocks
dry throat was the only side effect of vaping i remember, and that pretty much passed after a week or two. maybe a few nicotine withdrawl symptoms which lasted awhile, even while vaping 36mg liquid(after many months of vaping i decided to add snuff and snus to my nicotine intake, which curbed ANY cravings for smoke, and gave me the amount of nicotine i craved)

positive side effects: i can walk up 12 flights of stairs on my way to class and not be panting and out of breath...i can taste and smell everything so much more clearly....i dont smell like an ashtray....the list goes on.

for me, at least, the positive effects outweighed any negative side effects.

ok so this is going to sound really strange. ive been vaping for about a week now, no SE's. good to go & i love it. well just about an hour ago i had the realist dream ive EVER had. like i pulled things in from the tv that was on. that new mtv show my life as liz was on & in the dream i clearly heard "introducing liz" and her singing but i thought it was the radio. i then drank old bad milk and spit all over myself and woke up with spit all over my face. its really crazy. like i didnt even think i was dreaming it seemed so normal. maybe its withdrawls lol. its not really a big deal but i wanted to see if anyone else has had strange realistic dreams? :confused:

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
Devin, you might be overdoing vaping a little.

I read the SE forum pretty thoroughly before I began vaping (very recently) and, as a very long time heavy smoker with numerous quitting efforts behind me, it was clear to me that the majority of reported SEs fell into two categories: 1) typical and a few atypical withdrawal symptoms, or 2) the too-much-nicotine symptoms that I've experienced when wearing a 21 patch, forgetting that, and lighting up a Marlboro. Ugh. In that category are really vivid lucid dreams. Some people may have these when withdrawing, also.

I actually got a little overdone on my 5th day of vaping as I was at it very constantly and deeply - if i wanted to do that I'd need to switch to lower nicotine. Went away as expected in a few hours.

The other SEs mentioned with any frequency would likely have to do with dehydration, a passing unrelated flu/cold, lactic acid buildup (no biggie IMHO), or some allergy to PG. Except for that one icky evening, I've had zero SEs, and I feel wonderful. In fact, and surprisingly in this very short time, my morning lung-wheezing and smoky general malaise is totally gone.

Last edited:
I know right i feel much lighter in lungs as well. =] besides the dry throat this has been a wonderful experience so far, but i think you may be right on the over doing it. my juice is 36mg lol. but its vg based because im allergic to everything & im not going to take a chance. im going to take it a little slower from now on. but that dream was rather interesting, kinda cool.

Thanks for the input you confirmed what i was already thinking. Thank you =]]]

defunkt

Sep 4, 2009
I completely quit smoking five months ago and took up vaping. Here are some of the side effects I have noticed from vaping. I vape VG using either a Protege or a 510.

Insomnia
Dry mouth and throat
A constant feeling of phlegm hanging around the back of my throat. Very annoying.
Frequent headaches. Ugh.
Fatigue

Is anyone else experiencing these symptoms at five months or later into your quit?

MercyPoetic

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
When I first started about a month and a half ago, I posted about tightness in my chest, almost like a pressure. That actually went away within two weeks or so. The only issue I seem to be having right now is dehydration, which is common. I was dehydrated when I smoked too. Just up your water intake, and hopefully you should be all right :)

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I had constipation issues at first...

Mainly because I smoked "light" analog cigs, so when I bought my first e-cigs from blu a while ago, I started with their 12 mg, which was their "light" equivalent.

Of course, what I didn't know is that vapor is not a very good mechanism at getting nicotine into your blood stream. And I didn't know that nicotine (and other chemicals in analogs) actually over-excites your colon (large intestines).

So when I started vaping the 12 mg, my poor bowels just didn't know what to do with themselves now that the chemical it has depended on to help keep things moving was almost gone! I was diagnosed with a "lazy colon!" !?!? Wouldn't poop... pregnant belly... gross!!!!

Anyways, long story short, and many laxatives later, I realized what was going wrong, purchased a bottle of 24mg, and now all things are right in colon-land.

bestthingever

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I had constipation issues at first...

Mainly because I smoked "light" analog cigs, so when I bought my first e-cigs from blu a while ago, I started with their 12 mg, which was their "light" equivalent.

Of course, what I didn't know is that vapor is not a very good mechanism at getting nicotine into your blood stream. And I didn't know that nicotine (and other chemicals in analogs) actually over-excites your colon (large intestines).

So when I started vaping the 12 mg, my poor bowels just didn't know what to do with themselves now that the chemical it has depended on to help keep things moving was almost gone! I was diagnosed with a "lazy colon!" !?!? Wouldn't poop... pregnant belly... gross!!!!

Anyways, long story short, and many laxatives later, I realized what was going wrong, purchased a bottle of 24mg, and now all things are right in colon-land.

I've had this issue as well; upped my fiber intake, so it's getting better now.:)

I know this is an older thread. I began vaping Christmas of 09 using 36 mg PG. Come to find out I was allergic to the PG. I would break out in horrible hives that would not go away till a few days after ceasing vaping. My hubby has purchased me a tornado and a lot of VG liquid to try to get off the analogs this Christmas. I'm on day one of no analogs. I am very shaky/trembling right now, but this is probably due to withdrawl from analogs. As far as the hives go, I will know more in the next 48 hours.

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I know this is an older thread. I began vaping Christmas of 09 using 36 mg PG. Come to find out I was allergic to the PG. I would break out in horrible hives that would not go away till a few days after ceasing vaping. My hubby has purchased me a tornado and a lot of VG liquid to try to get off the analogs this Christmas. I'm on day one of no analogs. I am very shaky/trembling right now, but this is probably due to withdrawl from analogs. As far as the hives go, I will know more in the next 48 hours.

I have these little subtle hives at the corner of my eyes that someone recently suggested as an allergy symptom. Then I saw your post the next day. I might have a very slight allergy to PG. Keep us posted!

I have these little subtle hives at the corner of my eyes that someone recently suggested as an allergy symptom. Then I saw your post the next day. I might have a very slight allergy to PG. Keep us posted!

After vaping a VG candy cane heavily yesterday..I did break out in mild hives on my legs and rear last night. Come to find out the flavoring has PG in it. I am going to try some PG free liquids and see how that goes. The hives were not nearly as bad as they used to be. If that is the worst they get, I can make do with my corticure cream and some baby benadryl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread