Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well, that is to say, it wasn't expected by me, perhaps stupidly. I don't really want to carry around a big ol' case though. I guess I'll have to find a better solution. A plastic baggy would work as well, I reckon? Luckily, our home displacement appears to be coming to a speedy end.

A "big ol' case"? Not any larger than the size of two of your 18350 batteries? (Well, you only have one now...) Really? :facepalm:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IMR_battery_post-venting.jpg

Can anybody guess what the above photo is?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...shaken-up-provari-aw-18490-battery-owner.html

This is what can happen when a battery is left loose and comes in contact with something metal. This is an AW 18490 IMR battery that was in the pocket of a bookbag with another battery. Although the details are sketchy, it is most likely that the battery made contact with metal to complete the electrical circuit and cause the battery to go into thermal runaway.

What you see is the bare metal casing of the battery with the red shrinkwrap melted away from the heat. The long entrails coming from the battery are the insides of the battery which mushrooomed from the casing while it vented hot gas. Lucky for the victim, this was a safe chemistry battery which did not vent flames like an ICR battery can.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm thinking one of the old film canisters would hold one (18350) quite well. If you can find one in the age of digital.
Another option would be a waterproof pill bottle. They can be found at the camping section in Walmart or ordered online.

I use those. Thanks for making me feel old. ;) I use medicine bottles too. I have battery cases, but they sometimes come open if jiggled around too much. With a bottle the lid stays on.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
Once you get settled back in, I have found the best way to carry spare batteries is by having a fresh mod setup to hold each battery. ;)
Seriously though, you need some kind of battery holder/case.
They are really small and cheap.
You can add one to the order of your new device to save on shipping too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread