UNICORN MILK by Cuttwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
I just recently heard that this flavor has condensed or evaporated milk in it. I do not know if it true. I looked for the source that I read it at but I cannot find it now. Again I have no clue if this is true but if so it would explain the odd coil residue.

The drip tip always smells like milk to me but I don't know...

Last edited:

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
It's good to have forums like this. I only buy juice that I've heard a lot of good things about. It usually winds up being pricier brands, but as long as I'm still under my former cigarette budget I'm okay with that. I'm in NYC, where cigs are $14 per pack. It's insane here. I've enjoyed Moo juice from MtBakerVapor and Mother's Milk from Suicide Bunny, so I was pretty interested in this juice. I'm glad I read the whole thread, rather then just the first couple of posts. I'll be sticking to mothers milk for now.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Darnit! I just ordered 2 bottles of this stuff. Money wasted I guess...

I'm sure that if you get in touch with your vendor and explain the situation, or get in touch with the creator of the juice, they/he will replace it on request. I don't see why they wouldn't given the circumstances and given that all vendors should be more than willing to make sure their customers are getting a safe, quality vape.

It's not like you tried it, said you didn't like it and then wanted to return it for another flavor just because. At least there's reasoning behind it.

As for the juice, if and only if all this is true and if Titanium Dioxide is in the pastel-like base, IMO, that's a costly mistake and negligence on the creators end. I'm glad to see that it's being corrected, but more research should be done before a juice goes out and before others start vaping it. By then, it's a bit too late and you have to do damage control on something that could have been prevented in the first place with a little more time, patience and research.

Last edited:

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
Wow.

It bothers me that those posts were deleted.

As a lapidary I deal with airborne particles, very, very fine dusts are created when grinding a gemstone on a 100,000 grit diamond wheel. In our industry a lot of people died young from inhaling these dusts, so people covered their faces, it helped a little.

Then they added wetting systems and people stopped covering their faces, they thought there was little or no particles to inhale because you couldn't see big clouds of dust, they were wrong. It has been shown now that the water can actually make the situation worse, spreading particulate much farther, making it harder to clean or vent away, trapping more dust particles in the droplets of fine mist crated by the diamond laps and wheels spinning at high speeds, and depositing them in the lungs more effectively, at least with dry dust you breathe some out. Obviously we are breathing out much of the vapor but I worry the same effect could happen in a case like this.

There is a reason why asthma meds are vaporized, highly effective delivery to the lungs.

I still see lapidary forums where they discuss working with dangerous minerals and they say, "always grind wet, if dry wear a respirator" no mention of using one when wet grinding a dangerous arsenic-bearing mineral like malachite. Drives me crazy.

A mentor of mine in gem cutting who was also an accomplished chemist said "trust me, you don't want to inhale aerosolized cerium oxide (a fine powdered polishing compound) more than once or twice in your life, and surely not for hours a day."

And the MSDS for cerium is a cake walk compared to titanium dioxide.

Titanium dioxide: "Mutagenic for mammalian somatic cells. TERATOGENIC EFFECTS: Not available. DEVELOPMENTAL TOXICITY: Not available. The substance may be toxic to lungs, upper respiratory tract. Repeated or prolonged exposure to the substance can produce target organs damage."

So basically if you think you aren't inhaling insoluble particles because it is vapor, you are mistaken.

It just blows my mind that someone making a product MADE to be inhaled and nothing but inhaled repeatedly and preferably for a long period of time would allow something like titanium dioxide to get in the product in even trace amounts, let alone a major ingredient added by choice, and for coloring!?

I hate when people say things like this but I am going to say it now, this type of incident is exactly what the banners need to paint our community as a bunch of crazy yokels with no sense whipping up dangerous products meant to be ingested with no ingredients list, no oversight.

One incident like this could crush our whole community and ruin a lot of responsible juice makers.

Last edited:

Zaco

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: As requested

Esteveo

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Utah
Can everyone stop trolling here.

There has been no legit lab tests run from my understanding from the above troll posts. Its not fair to the vendor to make these kinds of statements without having proof. Remember all the crap people talked about Murdock? I still vape pluid and have not died.

Let's be fair here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ceejay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
California

There has been no legit lab tests run from my understanding from the above troll posts. Its not fair to the vendor to make these kinds of statements without having proof. Remember all the crap people talked about Murdock? I still vape pluid and have not died.

Let's be fair here.

The maker himself admitted it has titanium dioxide.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN

Let's be fair here.

your right lets be fair

option 1 lets not worry or talk about it till 5 years down the line when people have issue's first

So we don't be unfair to the poor vendor

Or maybe option 2 you can get some evidence that its safe and get back to us

I think I prefer option 2

Sissylala

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Vegas
Lets be fair? This guy put things into the juice that did not need to be there that are potentially dangerous. Stop protecting people like this. Its important for the community as a whole that this NEVER happens again, and we just sit back and accept it.

Im not asking for a witch trial, people just need to stop putting items in juice that do NOT need to be there, and we as consumers need to stop buying it.

Esteveo

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Utah
your right lets be fair

option 1 lets not worry or talk about it till 5 years down the line when people have issue's first

So we don't be unfair to the poor vendor

Or maybe option 2 you can get some evidence that its safe and get back to us

I think I prefer option 2

I didn't realize it was confirmed. Well that's an entirely different situation then. This guy should be sued. At a time like this where our government Is trying to ban ecig stuff this is really bad. Shame on you cutthroat.

Esteveo

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Utah
Lets be fair? This guy put things into the juice that did not need to be there that are potentially dangerous. Stop protecting people like this. Its important for the community as a whole that this NEVER happens again, and we just sit back and accept it.

Im not asking for a witch trial, people just need to stop putting items in juice that do NOT need to be there, and we as consumers need to stop buying it.

I don't support anyone lol. I support the idea of innocent until proven guilty. I had no idea it was confirmed. Had id known my post would have been entirely different.

GemCutter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Maine USA
Seriously... The kind of "don't worry about it" or "I wouldn't buy it, who cares what other people vape" attitude is disturbing.

I think the discussion is about the issue in general, at least for me, and less about this particular product, unfortunately in an instance such as this there had to be a particular product in order to bring this issue up.

I do think the maker deserves some credit for admitting his mistake, and however serious this is, it was not intentional. Some people would have dug a much deeper hole but I honestly think he needs to be commended for admitting the truth and apparently working to rectify it.

Sadly this kind of thing must be dealt with first not last. If the media got hold of this... We all know how they can make one isolated incident into a worldwide panic.

Imagine this was a super-popular ejuice that everyone has been vaping for two years, it could have been.

Seems like it was conscientious vapers who noticed something off about this juice that led to finding out the truth.

Good thing to remember, if it doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.

I posted on Cuttwoods Instagram asking them what makes the juice opaque. I hope they answer it out in the open and don't ignore my question. I have already ordered this Unicorn Milk from Vaporlife before this thread was started. I still don't have it. If it is confirmed that there is in fact TD in the juice, it is going in the trash. I wouldn't even think about selling it to someone. I guess I will stick with making my own juices since I know there's only 3 ingredients plus flavors added from reputable sources. Ugh, this is the type of stuff that is going to make the FDA start regulating e-juices . E-cigarettes that are marketed for therapeutic purposes are currently regulated by the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) . The FDA intends to issue a proposed rule extending FDA’s tobacco product authorities beyond the above products to include other products like e-cigarettes. The more mainstream these get, the more regulation they are going to get. I guess in this case (if it is true that it contains TD) , regulation would've been a good thing.

Link to my information about FDA

(If this is considered off topic, feel free to ignore me. I'm pretty new here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread