Update on where I am now (I put the cigarettes down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Yesterday I got a stomach virus, so far I haven't thrown up but I still have it and am 100% sure its due to me smoking and having a low immune system because of it. I got really sick this season, multiple viruses and this is the last one for the year I want to deal with... (fyi I never got sick before smoking, about once every year or two) I had like 4 viruses already this year. I'm currently using the juul device while I wait for my IQOS to come in the mail (a real tobacco device) I will then get the tobacco I stride for without effecting my immune system.

LillithRM

Feb 3, 2018
Ermm - Its not unusual to get sick at first when you start vaping especially if you were a smoker - basically as a smoker moving to vaping (or even quitting everything altogether) your system goes into overdrive- there is damage to repaired and systems to be reset - even looking at traditional quit smoking sites many people complain - In either quitting or switching to vaping some people may have issues for 6 moths to a year

Keeping in mind traditional ciggies have up to 4000 chemicals - and IQOS is being sold as harm reduction mostly only bc they are heat not burn ....

Not a fan of the IQOS - I dont believe its harm reductive - but would suggest trying getting a proper not Juul tank and mod - and trying to diy - failing that- you could try WTA juice or salts or both or if not - Swedish not american snus might help - either or will probably be better in a harm reduction way then IQOS

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
free-popcorn-is-best-popcorn.jpg

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Ermm - Its not unusual to get sick at first when you start vaping especially if you were a smoker - basically as a smoker moving to vaping (or even quitting everything altogether) your system goes into overdrive- there is damage to repaired and systems to be reset - even looking at traditional quit smoking sites many people complain - In either quitting or switching to vaping some people may have issues for 6 moths to a year

Keeping in mind traditional ciggies have up to 4000 chemicals - and IQOS is being sold as harm reduction mostly only bc they are heat not burn ....

Not a fan of the IQOS - I dont believe its harm reductive - but would suggest trying getting a proper not Juul tank and mod - and trying to diy - failing that- you could try WTA juice or salts or both or if not - Swedish not american snus might help - either or will probably be better in a harm reduction way then IQOS
Its better than smoking tea cigarettes and combusting thousands of chemicals which is the other alternative I tried though..

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I've never tried the IQOS device, but from what I hear its EXACTLY like a cigarette...

If it were exactly like a cigarette, there would be no way it would pass muster as a harm reduction device. While the iQOS does use tobacco, you are not going to get the exact same result as if you were smoking. It seems you're looking for a magical unicorn that doesn't exist.

You're going to be in for some sticker shock when you see the cost of replacing the iQOS sticks. They don't come in a pack of 20 like regular cigarettes and they're much, much shorter.

Oh.. One last thing. No more mention of tea cigarettes. You've been advised to knock that off more than once.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
If it were exactly like a cigarette, there would be no way it would pass muster as a harm reduction device. While the iQOS does use tobacco, you are not going to get the exact same result as if you were smoking. It seems you're looking for a magical unicorn that doesn't exist.

You're going to be in for some sticker shock when you see the cost of replacing the iQOS sticks. They don't come in a pack of 20 like regular cigarettes and they're much, much shorter.

Oh.. One last thing. No more mention of tea cigarettes. You've been advised to knock that off more than once.
I know that, I'm saying negative things about them and that they are just as bad as combusting any cigarette because they burn lots of chemicals... I'm saying positive things about vaping now.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Heat not burn is not equivalent to vaping.
Have you thought about getting something simple like a Pico / nautilus 2 or similar & some tobacco flavor 3 - 8 mg/ml 50/50 eliquid.

If folks with 10 - 50 year smoking habits can find satisfaction & quit smoking with simple vaping setups, so can you.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Heat not burn is not equivalent to vaping.
Have you thought about getting something simple like a Pico / nautilus 2 or similar & some tobacco flavor 3 - 8 mg/ml 50/50 eliquid.

If folks with 10 - 50 year smoking habits can find satisfaction & quit smoking with simple vaping setups, so can you.
I'm only 18 so I won't do much damage with vaping REAL tobacco using the IQOS device. Maybe down the road I will switch to an e juice vape.

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Yes , everyone knows your age, it's obvious, especially when you say something like " I won't do much damage " - ludicrous.
No one has a magic crystal ball they can use to see the future.

You're trying to play a game with & attempting to control something that kills thousands per year.
Playing Russian roulette with your health is a game for fools. Especially at such a young age & considering the amount of info available now that wasn't 20 - 50 years ago.

Point being, heat not burn isn't the same as vaping. You are stil inhaling the byproducts of smoldering tobacco.
Less harmful than inhaling burning tobacco byproducts? maybe, maybe not.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I read these posts, make a comment then lurk chuckling.
You're becoming 1 of my 2 main sources for chuckling. Thank you.

I'd offer something up constructive but I've already been ignored by my 2 teenagers this morning, had my fill.

(At this point I honestly believe you're trolling this board and it's members)

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you'd rather use the IQOS than smoke, I 100% agree that it is safer than smoking. So I say go for it, if that's what you are willing to do right now. I would (for cost) probably try combining it with vaping and you may wind up finding out that overall, you prefer vaping.

But, even if you don't, I'm not going to discourage you for taking A STEP in the right direction for harm reduction.

It's not "just" like a cigarette, I highly doubt, but I guess you will be finding that out.

Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I was only aware of the FDA recently denying their use of 'less harmful '.
Yeah, but the FDA also denied the Swedish Match SNUs application for the same sort of request. So it would seem that the FDA wants people to believe that all "tobacco products" are equally risky...

lazyfruit

Sep 16, 2011
berlin
I just got an Iqos last week and gotta say it is very close to actually smoking in terms of satisfaction. Gave it a test this weekend out drinking and I had no urge to smoke a ciggie, whilst with vaping I always do. Have been vaping since 2009 but have had a lot of problems with it healthwise this last year (allergies). Will use the Iqos now whilst I'm out and vape a little through the week. Wouldn't say the iqos is healthy but I wouldn't say vaping is either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread