The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

So here's where I'm at now... not ready to quit

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by nicotineisbomb, Jan 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    I think most people can recognize irony.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SgtDubie

SgtDubie Full Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Lake Francis, Mb, Can
    In the army there are times we must observe something called light discipline (no bic lighers, matches or glowing cigarette tips)... I would chew Copenhagen to try and cope... I got the nicotine, but it wasn’t cigarettes. Soon as I could I’d light one up even though I just finished half a tin of chew. It would make me sick from nicotine overload, but I still needed the cigarette. Same after I’d smoke a pipe or stoggie. Nicotine maybe somewhat addictive, but there is something special about cigarettes where no substitute will ever be the same. One day you’ll get to a point where you’re wearing a patch, chewing a plug, head swimming from too much nicotine and you’ll still be itching to light one up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have been getting the exact same feeling quite a lot lately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Equality 7-2521

Equality 7-2521 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    oakland ca.
    you don't cut deals with the devil, that's the illusion the devil creates...you don't say I'll quit in 20 years from now..you will have made it a thousand fold more difficult to quit smoking..I doubt there is an ex-smoker born who doesn't wish he had never smoked the first cigarette,and I doubt there isn't a single smoker who doesn't wish they had quit decades ago. quit while you are ahead.

• Winner Winner x 4
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I sure wish I had quit earlier.

If you don't want to vape, Swedish snus is probably your best alternative but if you want to smoke cigarettes for the inhalation effect, well, nothing is going to help.

You could try WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid) juices they contain many of the alkaloids found in cigarettes, without the dangers of smoking.

With that said, if you don't want to quit, why not just smoke, as you have repeatedly said you wanted to do? Snus, vaping (hopefully) and WTA will all be available then... Hopefully. That's the thing. If you think you will EVER want to vape, I'd suggest trying it now, before FDA rules and more taxation kicks in, causing you even LESS incentive to vape.

You know you aren't going to feel better about your smoking habit until you stop, right? That's actually what helps. Just saying vaping reeks and then snus sucks isn't going to make you feel better about you habit. Nothing will. You're not an idiot, you are just seeking justifications to smoke.

If you are a grown adult, you don't need to let us "give you permission" to smoke. That is totally your choice. If you feel you EVER want to vape, now is actually the best time to do it in terms of variety, options and price. Vaping is only going to get harder if you ask me which is why I have a mess of supplies and stored nicotine base in my freezer, and etc.

I don't justify my smoking habit anymore, I apologize for it.

Do what you will....

Anna

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 90VG

90VG Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2016
    5000' in Nevada
    Did you mean that? Doesn't WTA have nicotine also?

• Like Like x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Nah, I mean the dangers of SMOKING. Thanks for the catch. WTA does have nicotine in it, usually....

Off to go see if I can still edit my post... :)

Thanks @90VG !

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. I guess some people fear death while I, on the other hand do not! If you WERE that fearful of death and how you MIGHT DIE or be diagnosed? Why did you start smoking and then continue to do so? I'm not being a wise guy, just asking a question. I almost died in a car accident whereas I wasn't driving and I realized you could be the very best health wise and tomorrow is still uncertain. The good thing you have going for you is that lungs do repair themselves as long as permanent damage isn't done to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BackDoc

BackDoc Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    The OP lost me when he started out with "So" in the title.............

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Let's not forget that one can't look at drug or drug-like substances in a vacuum, there's a human using it so there's always more to it. Users will build habits and experiences around it and this will program parts of your brain, the more the habits repeat the more the programming sticks. Like a morning coffee or a cigarette after dinner or while waiting for the bus. Like "that one time we were on that beach, smoked and had deep conversations about the universe and everything, I can still remember the smells and the sounds". That's true if it's ......., caffeine or nicotine. And that's why "cold turkey" methods have the worst track record of any quitting method. If you have nothing to replace the programming with you'll have a little demon on your shoulder for a very long time.

Vaping offers to kick the smoke without having to change the programming much, in my opinion that is exactly why it works so much better than other nic replacement methods. Vaping is quitting the combustion products, not the habits.

I was able to switch to vaping from one day to the other and didn't smoke a single fibre of tobacco since. Not that I expect everybody to be able to do the same or think any less of them if they can't. Addiction is rather complicated and very personal so every additional option for those who want to at least reduce harming themselves is a good thing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ripply

Ripply Full Member

Jan 27, 2018
    U.K.
    I'm not sure how to answer that. It's addictive I guess. I was 13yo when I started. No amount of negativity or shaming about smoking will make someone quit. The reason I tried vaping is because of the positivity around it. People would talk about all the different flavours they enjoyed, how they didn't have that lingering smell of smoke in their houses anymore and they seemed to really enjoy it. It made me excited to try it.

I have a diagnosis of anxiety so I probably overreact to these things but hearing negative stuff about vaping is really off-putting. I already have to deal with my family/friends who seem more suspicious about ecigs than the real thing (they all smoke).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. RainSong

RainSong An adult who likes flavors. Verified Member ECF Veteran

You’ll find lots of indifference to your tobacco habit here, but not much support. You’re a big boy, you get to make your own choices, for better or worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ralph_K

Ralph_K Senior Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Its so easy quitting smoking by vaping. What i like about vaping is you don't smell and clothes and property don't get burnt. You save money if you try. maybe you won't save money but you have something to show for it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    Yeah, pretty much this.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.