Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Reading this thread has terrified me! People get lung cancer at 32? I'm in my mid 30's. What if I've left it too late? What if I've already smoked the 'cig of no return'? I feel like I'm doomed.

The worst part is, the anxiety about it is making me want a smoke! Oh gawd.
It gets worse....people who've never smoked can get lung cancer at 32. You're definitely doomed.
Pro Tip: don't start any long books. :eek:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Reading this thread has terrified me! People get lung cancer at 32? I'm in my mid 30's. What if I've left it too late? What if I've already smoked the 'cig of no return'? I feel like I'm doomed.

Worrying to the point of anxiety at this point is not going to be healthy and will not change the outcome either way. Your best bet is to to stick with vaping, and try to get your anxiety under control. Maybe even see a Dr. about a prescription to help with it, if need be. If the potential of getting cancer is causing anxiety the worst thing you could do is go back to smoking.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Wow... It sounds like you are Kinda Freaked Out over something you read on the Internet. My advise is to reach Behind your Computer and pull out that Cable that looks like a phone line.

Because if you do a Quick Search of the Internet, there is about Nothing that someone hasn't said may Cause Cancer.

May is the Journalist "Get Out of Jail Free Card" which allows Anyone to Print Just About Anything using little of No Reputable Science to support their claim.

May also Doesn't Quantify how many people may get Cancer if they Inhale, Ingest, etc. something. And also doesn't take into account that people can get Cancer even if they Didn't Inhale, Ingest, etc. that certain something.

e-Cigarettes are Not some Magical Potion that are Completely without any Potential Harm. And when Compared to Not Using an e-Cigarette, I'm sure that there can be Some Harm found.

But when Compared to Smoking, e-Cigarettes (on Average) have been shown to be Orders of Magnitude Less Harmful than Smoking. And that is why anyone who Smokes and Can Not Quit should consider them.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
that may be your best post ever!
Wow... It sounds like you are Kinda Freaked Out over something you read on the Internet. My advise is to reach Behind your Computer and pull out that Cable that looks like a phone line.

Because if you do a Quick Search of the Internet, there is about Nothing that someone hasn't said may Cause Cancer.

May is the Journalist "Get Out of Jail Free Card" which allows Anyone to Print Just About Anything using little of No Reputable Science to support their claim.

May also Doesn't Quantify how many people may get Cancer if they Inhale, Ingest, etc. something. And also doesn't take into account that people can get Cancer even if they Didn't Inhale, Ingest, etc. that certain something.

e-Cigarettes are Not some Magical Potion that are Completely without any Potential Harm. And when Compared to Not Using an e-Cigarette, I'm sure that there can be Some Harm found.

But when Compared to Smoking, e-Cigarettes (on Average) have been shown to be Orders of Magnitude Less Harmful than Smoking. And that is why anyone who Smokes and Can Not Quit should consider them.

• Agree
Reactions: mattiem

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
What an interesting OP.:)

The OP's aunt died from cancer, the dad's entire family died from smoking and the OP's father died from lung cancer.

The OP knows all of the risks, and the purpose of the OP is apparently to inform the forum that the OP plans to maybe stop smoking in 22 years?

What is there to say really? Good luck?:D

Check back in 22 years and see how it's going?

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
What an interesting OP.:)

The OP's aunt died from cancer, the dad's entire family died from smoking and the OP's father died from lung cancer.

The OP knows all of the risks, and the purpose of the OP is apparently to inform the forum that the OP plans to maybe stop smoking in 22 years?

What is there to say really? Good luck?:D

Check back in 22 years and see how it's going?
Thanks but I might be switching to SNUS there is some hope in my tobacco obsession...

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks but I might be switching to SNUS there is some hope in my tobacco obsession...
I just gotta ask....are you just trying to stir up trouble? First this thread and now a new thread on snus. Why are you looking to people who kicked tobacco for assistance with your crusade to use tobacco? It makes no sense. In your other thread, I provided you with a link to a tobacco forum. Are you joined up over there running your game about your vaping obsession?

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
I just gotta ask....are you just trying to stir up trouble? First this thread and now a new thread on snus. Why are you looking to people who kicked tobacco for assistance with your crusade to use tobacco? It makes no sense. In your other thread, I provided you with a link to a tobacco forum. Are you joined up over there running your game about your vaping obsession?
No, I'm just trying to feel better about my tobacco habit...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
toothless_smoker.jpg

:thumb:

sgobots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2014
Berlin, Maryland

I really do love this board. There are a lot of perfect strangers, who will give someone all the support and advice in the world. Really great advice for someone trying to better themselves.

I took a break from this place for a few years because I felt like I was good on my own journey, and didn’t see why I needed to be here anymore.

I realize that now I might be able to help others and make a difference in someone else’s life.

I also think there are a bunch of trolls here now that just like to rattle the cage. There’s a 20 page thread about talking some kid off a Mech mod. There’s this thread about some kid that isn’t ready to quit cigarettes and has a family history. In the mean time, we have someone that has quit that is now so freaked out by all the negative stuff, he thinks there is no point to all of this.

We all need to get back to basics. We all know where going back to cigarettes will get us. Nowhere good. This might not be perfect, but we all know it’s better than it was.

If you want to keep smoking, that’s fine. Do it as long as you want. Nobody here is putting that gun to your head, but when you don’t get the answer you want to the question you’re asking....go back to the internet to hear what you want to hear. Peoples lives are at stake here, and a lot of people take it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread