So here's where I'm at now... not ready to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
F
As long as I never have to say something is 'dope'.
Funny that you mention that, all the 14 year olds in my town call vaping "dope" when they actually don't need it, which makes me mad. I smoke cigarettes and I'm about the only one left in my age group because everyone else is scared of the health risks, looks like I can be called the lone ranger now...

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
F

Funny that you mention that, all the 14 year olds in my town call vaping "dope" when they actually don't need it, which makes me mad. I smoke cigarettes and I'm about the only one left in my age group because everyone else is scared of the health risks, looks like I can be called the lone ranger now...
Lone ranger? Ummmm....ok, we'll go with Lone Ranger. Although, there might be a few more accurate descriptions..... Lone Ranger it is. :blink:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
F

Sounds like you have some pretty smart friends.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

If everyone around you, your Family, your Friends, your Co-Works, People on an e-Cigarette Form, even the 14 year olds who say things are 'Dope', are telling you the Same Thing, the chances of them ALL being Wrong is about Zilch.

Just say'n.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
If everyone around you, your Family, your Friends, your Co-Works, People on an e-Cigarette Form, even the 14 year olds who say things are 'Dope', are telling you the Same Thing, the chances of them ALL being Wrong is about Zilch.

Just say'n.
I know cigarettes are bad for my health, but if I enjoy them then so be it right? I mean, you can die anyday from anything.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know cigarettes are bad for my health, but if I enjoy them then so be it right? I mean, you can die anyday from anything.

Your Rationalizing. Stop It. If you want to Smoke, Smoke.

But for God's sake, put on your Big Boy Pants and quit looking for something or someone to Validate your Rationalizations.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

outahere-Decaprio.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Yes, you can die from anything. The current front runner is dying from boredom with this thread and your drivel.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, you can't die anytime from anything. Ask several unsuccessful suicides about that, and you will realize dying is actually a lot harder than you think. You don't get to use the null hypothesis to prove that smoking is safe.

We all die one day is quite a different proposition than smoking will eventually lead to horrible health problems and kill me slowly, with suffering over time. While we all die one day, we actually do have some choices about the manner and type of one's death.

I will say this, my dad quit and for YEARS afterward he'd want to smoke on a plane, as he was a nervous flyer, and would think, "This may be my last opportunity to smoke." The difference being, he didn't smoke.

Until he took it up again in retirement, and had a heart attack and quit again then.

I simply don't accept "We can die at any time" as a rationalization not to smoke. At your age, unless you are doing other bad stuff for your health, the likelihood of your sudden death is pretty low, sometimes even if you work at it.

I know plenty of people who WISHED they had died, though, before halting their addiction (to whatever). Might want to reconsider.

With that said, smoke all you want, just state openly that you want to smoke, so you are going to do it. That would actually be the accurate statement.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It is obvious your main goal is to ignore sound advice & medical fact.

No one needs another guinea pig to validate the dangers & results of smoking, no one here can stop you,
get on down with your bad self.

Kinda hard to understand why you'd waste your time on a vaping forum, bored?, too much time on your hands?, looking for some validation?

Get a job or two, move out, pay your own way in life, be sure to get & maintain really good health insurance.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario

Momma' neva ain't raise no quitter.

In all honesty, lad, what you're saying makes no sense at all.

Sounds like you're not vaping because you think it can also kill you. Meanwhile cigarettes are the cause for tightness and shortness of breath.

If both are going to kill you, why would you pick the one that will cause you physical distress?

I think the key component most of us are missing in this discussion is that you're still very much a kid. We expect adults to be logical and have a certain level of understanding as to the importance of long term habits. You're not there yet, and you won't be until you've lived life.

Wait until you've been in the position where seeing your parents grow old and ill you realize you'll need to be in good health to take care of them. Wait until you've seen the look of worry on your spouse's face after you've coughed up a lung; even more if you have kids together. Wait until an expensive habit is keeping you from going on vacation, saving for retirement, or getting the materials you need to finish a home reno. Wait until you walk into the office and notice the disgust in the faces of your coworkers as they smell the ash coming off your jacket and hands.

There are a lot of reasons to not smoke cigarettes that aren't obvious to you right now. If you want to smoke cigarettes go ahead, just don't be too proud to admit you were wrong when the time comes.

After high school I joined the army and stayed for sixteen years. I spent over a decade and a half doing things that would put me at significant risk of dying at at any moment, including extremely dangerous job related activities, several unhealthy lifestyle choices such as excessive drinking, getting into fights and increasing the pack a day habit I picked up in sixth grade to a two pack a day habit. Point is I’m still here and mostly in one piece aside from some joints in poor condition for my age, a few broken teeth, hearing aids and a 24/7 tinnitus problem...

Still, I’ve known from a very young age smoking was stupid, was destroying my body and I needed to stop. The only problem is, I never could or at least didn’t really want to... sure, at first it seemed like I could put them down any time... by high school I would risk shoplifting cigarettes when the jerk at the gas station wouldn’t sell to minors... sometimes I’d be sitting around after smoking the last cigarette and unable to get into town for more until morning, knowing how disgusting and low it was, mining my ashtrays for butts with one or two puffs left in them. Don’t say you wouldn’t go there, the addiction creeps up on you.

If it wasn’t for vaping and a several years of duel using and cutting back, I wouldn’t have been able to smoke my last cigarette the day my son was born and say to myself ‘you know what? I’m just not going to buy another pack’. I haven’t missed them much and my boy won’t grow up in a house and car constantly being filled with cigarette smoke like I did.

So, if your going to smoke, smoke. You are a big boy and no one can stop you. But don’t kid yourself. You are probably not going to ‘die anytime’ no matter how hard you try, short of skydiving without a parachute or maybe testing how bulletproof your skull is with your .45. And even if you do, it’ll likely be a quicker and less miserable death than rotting away for years until your heart and lungs finally wear out. The longer you smoke, the more it’ll become a part of who you are and the harder it’ll be to quit.

Touching on the part of who you are thing, I think that is he hardest hurdle, at least in my mind. It becomes so ingrained into your personality that quitting seems to be denying who you are down to the very core... but after 25 years of being a heavy smoker and now not smoking, I feel much better then I ever remember before. I do have an unfortunate 6ml+ a day sub-ohm vaping habit I have no immediate intention of giving up... though funny thing is I don’t seem to crave a vape the same way I did cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread