Upgrade from ego-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

bace a flunt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
US
My ego-k battery just broke so I need a reccomendation on a new e-cig. I want something that hits harder than my ego. Preferably variable voltage. I don't know much about ecigs, though something that will fit my vivi nova would be nice. And it needs to be moderately sized as I will keep it in my pocket; no boxes.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Lots of devices out there that can utilize the Vivi . It all depends on how much you want to spend . Almost all of the big battery type devices , will hit a lot harder than an Ego . There are chrome Lavatubes , Vmax , and Zmax , both in chrome and stainless . And if you have an empty credit card , you can always step up and buy a Provari . A bit on the pricey side , but very well made , and made to last . Can't say the same for some of the cheaper VV devices . Good Luck

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the cheapest way to vv is the twist/spinner batteries. I know its not VV but another cheap way to move up to using real batteries is something like a bolt with low res coils, then there always the big leap like renzuli states.out of all those I would get a provari because of the warranty and build quality.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I just bought an eGo-K, my first ecig. I'm very confused about how one learns all this information. I don't know the difference between all the battery types, clearomizers, atomizers, which things can go on the ego-K battery besides the clearomizer that came with it, and why it sometimes tastes good and sometimes tastes terrible
Where do you guys get all the info?

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I just bought an eGo-K, my first ecig. I'm very confused about how one learns all this information. I don't know the difference between all the battery types, clearomizers, atomizers, which things can go on the ego-K battery besides the clearomizer that came with it, and why it sometimes tastes good and sometimes tastes terrible
try
For New People - YouTube

A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech - YouTube

jaydustrose

Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Arizona, US

Hanging around the forum and taking things slow is the best way to do it. I didn't know what everything was either, and now I'd consider myself pretty much caught up.

I just saw the post for one of PBusardo's beginner vids on YouTube... HIGHLY recommend it :)

Also, with some clearos (the "CE" or "stardust" types - more buzzwords) you have to tip or twirl them around because they don't wick as well as they should.

jaydustrose

Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
Arizona, US
I was disappointed with the ego twist--and it was a little chunk of money to put out there. I 'moved' on to the provari. Love it. No regrets. More initial money, but i have spent that much on my egos...so happy I just got the provari and already placed an order for a second!....in case of alien invasions.

Heh, I actually still use mine... Much less obnoxious than carrying around my VAMO in public. It works just fine, but I did also get that "need" for something more pretty much right after I got it. I'd just hate to see someone spend a couple hundred bucks on a Provari and get overwhelmed.

boxley

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2012
Wichita, KS
Ego twist would be a fine tester of VV for not much money. I know I tested VV on the original lavatube. I quickly found that I really wanted good regulated voltage too, so now I primarily use my provari (though there are a lot of equally capable options out there for less). However, I do have a couple Ego Twists for travel purposes.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I can't really even find much info on the eGo-K. I bought a second battery to recharge constantly and Boge cartos because the clearomizers that came with the ego made every liquid taste burned. I have good luck with some of the cartos in each box and some taste funny, like a dry hit I think. Then I think it doesn't have enough liquid so I put more and I overfill then it never works right again. I don't how many drops are supposed to go in it. Nothing ever comes with directions. I don't even know the battery strength number for the ego-K so I don't know what cartos or other type of tanks or whatever they're called I can put on it. I only got the Boge because I read someone else had on a thread somewhere.

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I have been trying to research this all week with the blizzard leaving me stuck at home with not much better to do. I understand that the ego-k is a 510 battery. I bought replacement clearos from the only store in town that sells the stuff here and I believe they were Kangers. They broke, leaked and made my liquids taste funny. May not help that I seem to drop my ecig a lot. So I lucked out on the Boge cartos because someone else posted they work on the 510's. I do not know what options I have otherwise, single coil, double coil, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0, etc.. I don't even know what that means.
I would gladly buy a different battery type, I don't care how big it is, if I could just figure out what would work best and what the options are. No one ever answers posts on the few places I can find that will allow me to post.

Sarl K

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
But what's the difference between the Twist, the Twist C and the Twist K?

The Twist is the original model. The Twist C (for Cone I think) has an atomizer in multiple parts so cheaper to replace the parts that fail more often. The Twist T uses a 'tank' system. The letter C or T does not refer to the battery, but rather the juice delivery system and atomizer type. The batteries from each model are pretty much interchangeable. The Twist is the VV version of that core battery. And there are many knockoffs and variations, like the Vision Spinner, another VV battery.

So when you buy an Ego-T it comes with a tank, or rather a clearomizer. However, you can then put your choice of cartos, cartotanks, atomizers, clearos, etc on there instead.

If you want to go ego, choose a battery size (100mah = 1 hour rule of thumb), whether you want VV or not, and your initial juice delivery preference, then see if you can save with a kit. If not, buy separately, but don't forget a charger.

Personally, I went Vamo and cartotank instead. I have a small ego as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread