Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Now here is a new question - Some states have completely outlawed online sales of vape products.

Now can dealers issue catalogs you can buy from and/or can you place orders over the phone???
Does the individual state restrictions on online purchase extend to catalog and/or phone sales?
I'm assuming that there will be legal ways, which there already are in many places, to ship without the USPS.

(Most all) Vape shops quit shipping to states that ban it including shipping flavored eliquid to states with flavor bans. They do not want to break the law and face enforcement, which is a smart business move. While some vapers keep searching for loopholes, smart reputable businesses that want to stay in business and not pay exorbitant legal fees do not.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
(Most all) Vape shops quit shipping to states that ban it including shipping flavored eliquid to states with flavor bans. They do not want to break the law and face enforcement, which is a smart business move. While some vapers keep searching for loopholes, smart reputable businesses that want to stay in business and not pay exorbitant legal fees do not.
I'm not talking about loopholes - I mean 'what is the law'? can they or can't they use catalog mail sales and/or telephone sales? And I mean for those products still legal in the particular state.
I suppose you have to read the law state by state or get a lawyer who specializes in this type of law
- I still keep getting catalogs in the mail for pipes and cigars from when I used to smoke pipes and cigars and they allow for credit card or check and for phone call in orders.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not talking about loopholes - I mean 'what is the law'? can they or can't they use catalog mail sales and/or telephone sales? And I mean for those products still legal in the particular state.
I suppose you have to read the law state by state or get a lawyer who specializes in this type of law
- I still keep getting catalogs in the mail for pipes and cigars from when I used to smoke pipes and cigars and they allow for credit card or check and for phone call in orders.

You are Asking Questions using Generalities. But want Answers in Specifics.

I'm Not Even Sure what State you are Asking about?

I have read some Legislative Text that uses the phrasing "Non Face to Face Sales" as being prohibitive. Whereas others might say "Online". But may define "Online" as anything that is Not an In-Person Sale.

Yes you Do have to Read each States Law(s). And Yes you do have to Understand what each State uses as a Definition(s).

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2020
Nevada, USA
You are Asking Questions using Generalities. But want Answers in Specifics.

I'm Not Even Sure what State you are Asking about?

I have read some Legislative Text that uses the phrasing "Non Face to Face Sales" as being prohibitive. Whereas others might say "Online". But may define "Online" as anything that is Not an In-Person Sale.

Yes you Do have to Read each States Law(s). And Yes you do have to Understand what each State uses as a Definition(s).
Last time I was doing research on shipping, I noticed a law firm that claimed it specialized in vape law.
- If I was in business of selling vape products nationally I would go to one of these law firms.
Laws may be open to interpretation.

Reactions: Opinionated

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Laws (and regulations) are always open to interpretation. The manipulation of law through interpretation is a billion dollar industry populated by lawyers and presided over by judges. Open any volume of the national reports and it will be filled with the 'opinions' (argued by lawyers and decided by judges) of what a law means and how it should be applied to the facts of a particular case. That interpretation can and will shift over time, sometimes seismically but more often incrementally.

I learned in law school in pre-internet days that there are no right answers, there are only good arguments. I made a good living arguing that my interpretation of a law was better than another's interpretation of the very same words.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The USPS Is Banned from Shipping Alcohol—A New Bill Aims to Change That

The "USPS Shipping Equity Act". These Bill Titles would almost be Funny if there wasn't such Inequity in the System.

"... It's time fix this Prohibition Era regulation, allowing the United States Postal Service the same access to shipping goods as our private sector counterparts."

Specifically, the bill would give the USPS two years to create a system to implement the law, assuring things like age and identification checks. ..."

:facepalm:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
The USPS Is Banned from Shipping Alcohol—A New Bill Aims to Change That

The "USPS Shipping Equity Act". These Bill Titles would almost be Funny if there wasn't such Inequity in the System.

"... It's time fix this Prohibition Era regulation, allowing the United States Postal Service the same access to shipping goods as our private sector counterparts."

Specifically, the bill would give the USPS two years to create a system to implement the law, assuring things like age and identification checks. ..."

:facepalm:

The Amazon of beers coming soon to your neighborhood.

I cannot imagine a more inefficient form of distribution for a commodity than the US mail and alcohol.

Good luck all. :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Sorry if this old news but it's the first time it's cropped up in my FT tracking. I'd like to know what the specifics are of their "outbreak traffic control." Maybe it affects only certain cities.

"Dongguan City, arrived at the Dongguan Express Processing Center, affected by the outbreak traffic control, mail time limit is longer than usual"

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Sorry if this old news but it's the first time it's cropped up in my FT tracking. I'd like to know what the specifics are of their "outbreak traffic control." Maybe it affects only certain cities.

"Dongguan City, arrived at the Dongguan Express Processing Center, affected by the outbreak traffic control, mail time limit is longer than usual"

I can't help with your question, but the fact that it arrived at the "Doggone Express Processing Center" would make me a little worried.

Who needs any more doggone problems?!

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

I got the same message coming out of Guangzhou:
    "Guangzhou City, Guangzhou International Mail Processing Center has been exported straight, affected by the outbreak, overseas postal processing capacity is insufficient, mail processing and delivery time limit may be extended"
    Most likely a C-19 disclaimer or China has released another virus on the world and hasn't told anybody yet.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have 2 packages from FT in the pipeline, both using the free epacket option this time.

Neither one of them shows this covid outbreak thing in the tracking. At least not on 17track.

The one that shipped first has been "Arriving Los Angeles" twice now, 6 days apart :facepalm:

2021-06-22 09:02
    洛杉矶, 到达 洛杉矶
    (translation: Los Angeles, arriving Los Angeles):facepalm:

2021-06-16 14:17
    洛杉矶, 到达 洛杉矶
    (translation: Los Angeles, arriving Los Angeles)

2021-06-13 03:07
    深圳, 离开 深圳
    (translation: Shenzhen, leaving Shenzhen)

2021-06-13 01:15
    深圳, 到达 深圳
    (translation: Shenzhen, leaving Shenzhen)

2021-06-12 17:57
    东莞市, 到达【东莞速递处理中心】
    (translation: Dongguan City, arrive at【Dongguan Express Delivery Center)

2021-06-12 17:56
    东莞市, 离开【东莞国际营业部】,下一站【深圳市】
    (translation: Dongguan City, leave [Dongguan International Sales Department], next stop [Shenzhen])

2021-06-12 17:45
    东莞市, 【东莞国际营业部】已收寄,揽投员:何武,电话
    (translation: Dongguan City, [Dongguan International Sales Department] has been received and mailed, soliciting investors: He Wu, phone )

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I'm only getting those messages with my FT orders. My Sourcemore order has traveled through China just fine and is already stateside.
    I'm only getting them on packages that have been sent through Guangzhou. Everything sent through Dongguan mentions nothing about it. Have 3 from both of those locations to verify that - all from FT. I also have an order from HC and SourceMore being sent through Shenzhen, and neither of those orders mention anything about COVID. So it looks like whatever mail option is sending stuff through Guangzhou would be the culprit. Also, definitely not by coincidence, all 3 of the shipping labels starting with "AQ" are being sent through Dongguan, and the other 3 labels starting with "LY" are being shipped through Guangzhou.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest

So weird, I had 3 packages go through there and no mention of it. Maybe it just went into effect. The 3 packages that went through Dongguan are already stateside. But who really knows with these super half-azzed mail updates.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread