Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    One possible alternative that brick and mortar vape shops should seriously consider is seeing if it's possible to sign up for UberEATS, Gopuff or Doordash.

In some areas of the country, we deliver alcohol, so the mechanism is already in place.

The problem isn't so much lacking mechanisms rather the major burden the PACT Act puts on the mechanisms, which is one reason FedEx/UPS/DHL bowed out even though they didn't have to (the other reason being anti-vape optics IMHO). The burdens of the PACT Act don't apply to alcohol.

Reactions: YoursTruli

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    The problem isn't so much lacking mechanisms rather the major burden the PACT Act puts on the mechanisms, which is one reason FedEx/UPS/DHL bowed out even though they didn't have to (the other reason being anti-vape optics IMHO). The burdens of the PACT Act don't apply to alcohol.

Doesn't really apply to gig economy deliveries either since we're not considered shipping companies.

Reactions: YoursTruli

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Doesn't really apply to gig economy deliveries either since we're not considered shipping companies.

The PACT Act doesn't apply to shipping, per se. It applies to delivery. You delivery tobacco products? Then you must comply with the administrative and legal burdens of pact act. The whole idea behind pact act is to not punish shipping company for shipping tobacco, rather to make it harder for the cheeeldren to get tobacco through the mail by burdening the shipping company (and the recipient).

ETA: A local vape shop could do it's own deliveries if it wanted to. But they still have to comply with PACT Act. It would be less burdensome since they would not have to have a registered agent in all 50 states since they only operate in one town in one state. The administrative and legal burdens would be less than it would be for a national carrier, but they still have to comply because they deliver tobacco.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Because he is in UDIO, Clown World.

49006.png

• Love
    Reactions: smacuser

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    So this isn't actually vape mail but I figured this would a good place to ask... are we the only ones having major issues with Fed Ex? Haven't used them in a long time but we are so frustrated and this is important because we have been without a patio sliding glass door for 12 days (ordered new rollers) Getting by with the screen door covered with plastic (it's 100 deg F outside) Anyway, made the order on Friday July 16... once it shipped out, tracking said delivery on Friday July 23. It didn't show, and then the next day tracking said no expected delivery date. Finally, it showed delivery Wed July 28 (today) Still nothing. Last thing mentioned on tracking was it left Sacramento, CA 9 PM Sunday... still shows that. Has the truck been driving around in circles for 3 days? Ir vonically, it went right through our city on it's way to Sacramento (but I understand that's how things work) What can we do (assuming it doesn't show up today)?
    Hey..my vape shop advised me to start buying in bulk asap....this was a november a year ago...that FEDEX, UPS, and USPS, were no longer going to be able to legally deliver vape products in this state. However, some kind of deal must have been struck because USPS is the way everything comes. I pay an adult vape tax....adult signature fee...it's b.s. but I do get what I need. You can still go to your vape shops. They're not closing just yet but it's coming.

Kai'ckul

Aug 14, 2021
    East Coast
    youtu.be
    Shipping won't matter much anyway since September 9, 2021 is the day everything not approved by the FDA will become illegal to sell anyway. And no vape products has ever been approved.
    well ya know what....I'm really going to enjoy my last um...five bottles with a new mod just for the hell of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread