Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Which vendor is this?

I won't divulge it. At least not yet. I'm 99.97% sure no one will ever want anything they sell. Mostly egos and cigalikes and clone protanks and other undesirable clearos these days. Nothing modern. Anything they sell that's name brand is a clone, but it's mostly just no-name old gear that they still make, and juice that probably sucks. They've been in business for a long time.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: BillW50

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    17track has a small check box (bottom right) if you want the English translation of the list.

I never noticed that before lol. But it translates to what Google Translate says..."Cancellation of overseas imports"

LmSlzqJ.png

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Since it got Stateside, and it went thru ICS, what does the USPS Tracking say is going on?

Or does your computer do weird, glitchy, Deja Vu/Matrix like stuff when you go to the USPS Website?

After USPS.com tracking showed it arrived at Jamaica NY distro on Jan 15 (with an estimated delivery date - I think it was for today or Monday), it changed to "In transit, arriving late", which I have seen many times in the past when USPS gets overburdened for a multitude of reasons.

I'm banking the customs declaration of "Electronic Cigarette/Vaporizer" by the retailer and USPS is not going to deliver it to me. But we'll see. This is definitely not a US Customs issue as it past Customs and was sent to a distro. Distro probably saw it and said, "No way, José!".

PdBTjc7.png

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm doing some research into this "Cancellation of overseas imports" business and getting mixed messages. A post on reddit (and even another) claims they eventually got their stuff (not vape gear, at least on the first one) and another site says it was in fact sent back to China.

For my situation, I'm leery about getting my package since it's vape gear and is in the hands of the USPS with a possible honest customs declaration form on the package, as per usual with this company.

Anything can happen here. This may very well just be a nothingburger. That would be great and rather tasty.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    After USPS.com tracking showed it arrived at Jamaica NY distro on Jan 15 (with an estimated delivery date - I think it was for today or Monday), it changed to "In transit, arriving late", which I have seen many times in the past when USPS gets overburdened for a multitude of reasons.

I'm banking the customs declaration of "Electronic Cigarette/Vaporizer" by the retailer and USPS is not going to deliver it to me. But we'll see. This is definitely not a US Customs issue as it past Customs and was sent to a distro. Distro probably saw it and said, "No way, José!".

PdBTjc7.png

If its still "In Transit", I'd say you are going to get something. Maybe Not the Entire Order? Maybe Everything? Hard to say.

BJSYK...

If you notice a Flowers.com truck outside your house with a Satellite Dish on its roof, of if you get a Text that says "The Snowman Eats Sourdough at Midnight", you might want to Format your Hard Drive and Burn any USB Thumb Drives you have.

Just in case.

Reactions: BillW50

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you notice a Flowers.com truck outside your house with a Satellite Dish on its roof, of if you get a Text that says "The Snowman Eats Sourdough at Midnight", you might want to Format your Hard Drive and Burn any USB Thumb Drives you have.

I agree. But that's gonna be a big job.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I also recently received this as well not long ago.

upload_2022-1-23_21-49-25.png

Funny thing is, I ordered a second shipment 6 days after this from the same store and that arrived about a week ago. I also made another order last night from the same store. I'll update this more as we move further along.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    We've always known that there was a risk of packages being confiscated when ordering from China, especially if there is no hanky-panky with the declarations form. You might try contacting the vendor. They may, or may not, at their discretion, replace the order. Some might see it as a good business practice, others may feel it is your own problem, which it technically is.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Possible bad news here.

As I stated about a week or 2 ago, I placed a small order with a not-so-popular Chinese vape retailer of obscure items who (at least in the past) always declares shipments as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer", but I never had a problem (my last order before this was in 2019).

Jan 14, 17track showed that my package was processed through US Customs ("ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility")

OK cool. Then it went to Jamaica NY Distro as usual. But then after that tracking changed to "Arriving Late" with no estimated delivery date. I thought "no biggie" as I have had this happen before with both domestic and China shipments. USPS gets bogged down.

But today I checked tracking on 17track again and I see "境外进口取消" which translates to "Cancellation of overseas imports". Being that this is in the Chinese portion of the tracking at the bottom, I take this to mean it's being sent back to China or destroyed, but not by US Customs, rather by USPS.

I have reached out to the retailer for some insight into this as I have never seen that on tracking info before. I don't know if the retailer claimed as "electronic cigarette/vaporizer" as they always have in the past, but I'm guessing they likely did.

Will keep you posted until I get thrown in the slammer. If they even allow any internet access in prisons, my guess is ECF will be blocked like it is with hospital Wifi. So if I stop posting here in the future, you'll know why.

pYmx24E.png

Tracking has not changed since I posted this.

Retailer claims they didn't claim as "e-cigarette/vaporizer" on customs form and offered refund or reship. I chose reship.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Upon further investigation, it would appear that this message has popped up on several overseas shipments from various vendors such as AliExpress, GearBest, etc. that use the same shipping carriers. From what I've read, most of these packages have properly arrived at their destination - in some cases, people have had to wait an excessive amount of time. If the package exceeds a reasonable time beyond the estimated shipping dates that you've paid for, it's recommended that you contact the carrier and the vendor.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    If let's say 50% of vape orders from China to US will start to get confiscated at customs I guess China sellers will stop shipping to US, it will be too expensive for them.

FDA blocking 99.99% of all vape products will result in legal ban for every product except vuse/iqos and maybe few more simple pod devices?

Flavoured e-juices except tobacco are already banned as far as I know.

Wtf guys? What's going to happen to the vape market in the US soon?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If let's say 50% of vape orders from China to US will start to get confiscated at customs I guess China sellers will stop shipping to US, it will be too expensive for them.

FDA blocking 99.99% of all vape products will result in legal ban for every product except vuse/iqos and maybe few more simple pod devices?

Flavoured e-juices except tobacco are already banned as far as I know.

Wtf guys? What's going to happen to the vape market in the US soon?

So far more than 99% are getting through. With hanky-panky customs declarations and millions of packages coming in daily from China from Amazon, Ebay, wish, AliExpress, etc., US customs and USPS doesn't have the manpower to catch most of what comes through. Keep in mind they are also busy searching for narcotics and other contraband, as well. I doubt it'll ever get to the point that 50% of vape packages are confiscated. We just had an unlucky run where 2 ECFer's were confiscated at the same time. To protect yourself, never make large orders. Several small orders is better.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Regarding the phrase, "Cancellation of overseas imports".

Sometimes what we as English speakers interpret as something May or May not what a Translated Phrase in another Language may actually be saying.

Or that what we may see as a Warning, give who we are always hold the Short End of the Stick e-Cigarette Regs-wise, may just be Benign Information.

I have seen some sites say that "Cancellation of overseas imports" merely means that the Original Carrier is No Longer Tracking the package because it has been turned over to another ICS and or National Carrier. Like the USPS.

Of course, the thing about the Flowers.com van or the Cryptic Test message at 3:18AM still apply. But it could just be that the Original Carries servers don't talk well to the USPS's (Last Mile) servers.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    OK, what about this one? What are your predictions for the 2022, is it going to change much or it will remain as it is now for most US vapers?

What's going to happen to the vape market in the US?

btw, if there is a separate thread on this topic pls send a link, I didn't find one.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I have seen some sites say that "Cancellation of overseas imports" merely means that the Original Carrier is No Longer Tracking the package because it has been turned over to another ICS and or National Carrier. Like the USPS.
    This is also what I concluded but left that info out. I'm not confident enough in my conclusion to say it is, but eases me into being a bit more patient.

• Agree
    Reactions: zoiDman

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    OK, what about this one? What are your predictions for the 2022, is it going to change much or it will remain as it is now for most US vapers?
    I think things will remain as they are until the PMTA process is figured out. Even though more info is being released about vaping over cigarettes, it still falls on deaf ears.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread