• Optimistic
    Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I also recently received this as well not long ago.

View attachment 968757

Funny thing is, I ordered a second shipment 6 days after this from the same store and that arrived about a week ago. I also made another order last night from the same store. I'll update this more as we move further along.

So whatever happened to your shipment? Mine still has never been delivered and tracking hasn't changed from what I initially posted.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: smacuser

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    So whatever happened to your shipment? Mine still has never been delivered and tracking hasn't changed from what I initially posted.
    Mine hasn't been updated either. The last update on the 21st remains the same for that package. The 2nd package was last updated leaving Shenzen and hasn't been updated either since the 26th. It doesn't help that we're amidst a very long CNY, so I don't imagine anything is going to be updated until around the 8th. I messaged HC about it and likely won't receive anything back from them either, until around that time.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Chinese new year in 2022 is from the 1st of feb to the 8th so things should be back to normal mid next week

Things don't get back to normal that quickly when you take that many days off. When you take the weekend days into consideration, that's 11 days of backlogged orders to fulfill and that is added to the packages that are already shipped and "in the pipeline" when the holiday started. Of course, then there's that "other issue"

Last edited:

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    Things don't get back to normal that quickly when you take that many days off. When you take the weekend days into consideration, that's 11 days of backlogged orders to fulfill and that is added to the packages that are already shipped and "in the pipeline" when the holiday started. Of course, then there's that "other issue"

I ordered on January 24th and one package is now in Arizona, and the other one is still with an airline in China.

• Informative
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Flavoured e-juices except tobacco are already banned as far as I know.
    In the states that depends on where a person is located. I think a few states have banned flavored juices. In other states local municipalities banned flavored juices. While flavored juices in other states has not (yet) been banned. I haven't bought any retail juice in many years. I DIY.

What's going to happen to the vape market in the US soon?
    At this point I don't think anyone knows with 100% certainty what is going to happen to the vape market in the states. The one known certainty is "the powers that be" are very determined kill off vaping.

From my experience, there are several companies shipping gear via DHL, FedEx and UPS. However, the shipping labels show those being shipped from a private citizen with no mention of vape gear on the customs declarations. Same thing with the people who make and sell gear via Facebook. I do not foresee a day, in the future, where that will end. I suppose it could, sure, but not anytime soon.

Currently it costs nearly the same price to ship something via DHL, FedEx or UPS as it does to ship via Sourcemore (and others) with their shipping increases. Best part, with those three carriers, is the tracking information is always up-to-date and shipping is three business days.

The last order I received, from Malaysia, was shipped via DHL. Shipping cost me just over $20 USD. I recently saw someone paid $34 for shipping from Sourcemore for their regular (slow) shipping.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I recently saw someone paid $34 for shipping from Sourcemore for their regular (slow) shipping.
    I've paid this and more on quite a few occasions from overseas shops, lol. The shipping is largely based on the quantity of items you've purchased instead of overall size or weight. Say for example, if I buy 20x 5-packs of coils which should be rather small in size and weight, will likely cost me the same or more than buying 5 mods/kits which are surely to be much heavier and likely requiring a larger box. This seems to be a common practice across the board from vendors afar, but I don't really care - I'm often saving 50% or more on these products from overseas than here in the states, and completely avoid the whole snafu with using 3rd party carriers, etc. The only downside being, there's a chance the products will never land on your doorstep, but that's a risk I'm willing to take with crazy savings. Nothing is guaranteed to land on your doorstep by ording stateside either, by the sounds of it.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    At least you'll know they have the necessary quantity to make an immediate shipping flight, lol. I've made orders a week apart from the same vendor, and they've arrived at my doorstep on the same day. This makes me believe that they bandage/store all of their shipment stuff until they have enough of it to justify a flight to the states. 11 days of backlog while also offering a multitude of CNY sales is sure to get those flights off the ground.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    I've paid this and more on quite a few occasions from overseas shops, lol. The shipping is largely based on the quantity of items you've purchased instead of overall size or weight. Say for example, if I buy 20x 5-packs of coils which should be rather small in size and weight, will likely cost me the same or more than buying 5 mods/kits which are surely to be much heavier and likely requiring a larger box. This seems to be a common practice across the board from vendors afar, but I don't really care - I'm often saving 50% or more on these products from overseas than here in the states, and completely avoid the whole snafu with using 3rd party carriers, etc. The only downside being, there's a chance the products will never land on your doorstep, but that's a risk I'm willing to take with crazy savings. Nothing is guaranteed to land on your doorstep by ording stateside either, by the sounds of it.

Agreed. I see folks mentioning the high cost of Sourcemore's shipping but the cost of the items more than make up for it when compared to American vendors.

My last order from Sourcemore--
    2 Wotofo Recurve v2 rdas 19.99-- $40
    Dovpo Riva $34
    2 Lost Vape Centaurus BF mods $45.60 $91.20
    Subtotal 165.20
    Shipping $39.07
    Total $204.27

Same items from Element Vape
    2 Wotofo Recurve v2 rdas $39.99-- $80
    Dovpo riva $45
    2 Lost Vape Centaurus BF mods -- $180
    Subtotal $305
    Shipping (don't know, est. w/sig req) $20 estimate
    Total $325

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Agreed. I see folks mentioning the high cost of Sourcemore's shipping but the cost of the items more than make up for it when compared to American vendors.

My last order from Sourcemore--
    2 Wotofo Recurve v2 rdas 19.99-- $40
    Dovpo Riva $34
    2 Lost Vape Centaurus BF mods $45.60 $91.20
    Subtotal 165.20
    Shipping $39.07
    Total $204.27

Same items from Element Vape
    2 Wotofo Recurve v2 rdas $39.99-- $80
    Dovpo riva $45
    2 Lost Vape Centaurus BF mods -- $180
    Subtotal $305
    Shipping (don't know, est. w/sig req) $20 estimate
    Total $325
    100%. There's a threshold though. If I'm not buying large quantities or saving a ton from some special offer, then I'll just as likely order from the states. The Adult Sig requirement used in the states by default makes the cost innately higher in ratio to what you're buying, until the quantity evenly distributes the S&H cost across all items. It then depends on juggling the price tags. By and large, I can honestly say I've probably saved 33ish % in total savings (including S&H) having bought pretty much 3/4 of my entire inventory from overseas, than in the states.

I've just run into my first potential snafu with customs with one of my last 4 orders. I'm still waiting for CNY to end so I can start hearing back from some folks. Hopefully everything pans out, and if it doesn't - that's the risk I knew I was taking when I purchased the items. Overall savings, still winning.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well, today a bunch of entries showed up in 17track and it appears that my original package of ecig goodies has been shipped back to China by the USPS. Not by US customs, but by USPS, because it cleared customs and was sent to Jamaica NY USPS distro. From there, it was shipped back to china (at least this is what it looks like). USPS tracking still shows "arriving late".

Incidentally the reshipped package has cleared customs today so let's see what happens to that one. Was received and cleared in ISC NY again so it will be going to Jamaica NY distro again.

opJMeDB.png

KiZQwum.png

Did USPS open my package to verify it contained products its not allowed to deliver? They could have a legal right to open my package. But I'll never know.

Last edited:

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I emailed my package's vendor last night asking about which US carrier the package was being transferred to, and they sent an e-mail back an hour or so ago including the new tracking number. Apparently its intended path was Hua Han Logistics to China Post to USPS.

Screenshot (2).png

It would appear that my package was also sent back to China, and I'm not sure if the departure from Beijing is for another delivery attempt, or if it's going back to the warehouse in Shenzhen. The last update was 2 weeks ago. Hopefully with CNY being done, more info will come soon.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: BillW50
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread